Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

10 minutes ago, Gordon the Great said:

God, this is really scary! Please put this on TV the night before the election.I can`t stand the woman but I genuinely sat alone in front of my computer and could not look at the screen for embarrassment...that is the honest truth.

She really is thick as Pig muck............if this does not  stop you voting Labour ..........Nothing will!.........Really,really SCARY.

She’s exceptionally bright in certain areas ( Somehow a Cambridge Graduate?) but absolutely dogshit clueless in others. What actually scares me the most in that interview is that she fed the rhetoric of the interviewers questions back to him in an attempt to pass off her concern for actual knowledge like a person at a job interview who didn’t know the answers. Any politician worth their salt in that instance would have said ‘yes I’ve read the report but that was in 2016 and I’ve read hundreds since so instead of you quizzing me on the small section your research team have read to ask me specific questions about, how about you tell me exactly which recommendations you are referring to and I’ll answer with specific reference rather than you demand I recollect a particular recommendation from a report written three years ago which at this moment in time I can’t recall verbatim...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Wow what kind of an excuse for a news website is that?

One of the best around in Westminster actually, break an incredible amount of inhouse stuff for the real "politicos". 

Not really a website for the mainstream public but a lot of the stuff you'll see in the MSM was often broken by Guido first. 

6 minutes ago, MattP said:

One of the best around in Westminster actually, break an incredible amount of inhouse stuff for the real "politicos". 

Not really a website for the mainstream public but a lot of the stuff you'll see in the MSM was often broken by Guido first. 

Gone a bit off a cliff recently I think, effectively a Government and establishment mouthpiece at times. There are still some insightful bits they get, but some are along the lines of a gossip column in a red top. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, MattP said:

Jesus Matt, it's just full of pro right, anti-left, badly written, baseless inflammatory shit? That's not a source anybody should take as reliable or serious buddy.

5 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Jesus Matt, it's just full of pro right, anti-left, badly written, baseless inflammatory shit? That's not a source anybody should take as reliable or serious buddy.

WTF lol

No one has ever denied it's pro-right and anti left, that doesn't make it wrong though. Same as their will be some decent left, anti right websites out there that are in the know as well when it comes to a lot of things that come out of Westminster.

If they put up "baseless shit" they'll face legal action, hence why they don't - I know you are a fan of Diane Abbott and like to defend her but they are entitled to print the truth about her family, just as the other side would be entitled to print if Priti Patel's son was arrested for biting a police officer (and given recent posts on this thread were that to happen I think we'd never hear the end of it)

11 minutes ago, MattP said:

WTF lol

No one has ever denied it's pro-right and anti left, that doesn't make it wrong though. Same as their will be some decent left, anti right websites out there that are in the know as well when it comes to a lot of things that come out of Westminster.

If they put up "baseless shit" they'll face legal action, hence why they don't - I know you are a fan of Diane Abbott and like to defend her but they are entitled to print the truth about her family, just as the other side would be entitled to print if Priti Patel's son was arrested for biting a police officer (and given recent posts on this thread were that to happen I think we'd never hear the end of it)

You know I'm a fan of Diane Abbot?

I stopped reading there.

PS: If something is pro right and particularly anti-left, it makes whats in there heavily biased - which in turn sways it's narrative toward being unreliable - I mean just read the writing in the articles, Christ, are these the sources that help you formulate your political opinions?

Edited by Nick

2 hours ago, David Guiza said:

Gone a bit off a cliff recently I think, effectively a Government and establishment mouthpiece at times. There are still some insightful bits they get, but some are along the lines of a gossip column in a red top. 

Yeah, quite. Lost any respect I had for it when Staines mentioned in an interview how their "newsroom" had laughed at a new recruit who brought a copy of Essential Law for Journalists in with him on his first day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MattP said:

Guido is a shitstain, not least for his financial ties to Arron Banks.

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Guido Fawkes is a prejudice-confirming, brexiter propaganda run by a right-wing narcissist who hates the establishment. Anything that even Johnson calls the "dung on the rosebush of politics", can't be worth reading. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

But copy-paste Twitter "sources" from the likes of David Vance? AltNewsMedia? These are propagators of islamophobic, climate-change denying nonsense. 

Katy Hopkins next?

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

She’s exceptionally bright in certain areas ( Somehow a Cambridge Graduate?) but absolutely dogshit clueless in others. What actually scares me the most in that interview is that she fed the rhetoric of the interviewers questions back to him in an attempt to pass off her concern for actual knowledge like a person at a job interview who didn’t know the answers. Any politician worth their salt in that instance would have said ‘yes I’ve read the report but that was in 2016 and I’ve read hundreds since so instead of you quizzing me on the small section your research team have read to ask me specific questions about, how about you tell me exactly which recommendations you are referring to and I’ll answer with specific reference rather than you demand I recollect a particular recommendation from a report written three years ago which at this moment in time I can’t recall verbatim...

A lot of MPs really need media training. 

43 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

A lot of MPs really need media training. 

she doesn't need media training the average 5 year old could see where he was going in the interview, she need to admit although she had "read it" she had forgotten what it said after all why would the shadow home secretary remember what was in a report about the security of the capital it not like she lives there, or represents her constituents that live there, or like it was commissioned at great expenses by the mayor of London a member of the Labour party himself who she probably knows on first names terms and chats to regularly about this sort of stuff.   

2 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Guido Fawkes is a prejudice-confirming, brexiter propaganda run by a right-wing narcissist who hates the establishment. Anything that even Johnson calls the "dung on the rosebush of politics", can't be worth reading. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

And if they print lies they will be taken to court.

See Aaron Bastani yesterday (Novara Media head) who is now being sued by Maajid Nawaz, or see the Aaron Banks v Carole Cadwaller case starting today over what she has printed about him over Russia.

No one has denied Guido is right wing, but if they libel people they will be held to account for it.

Aren't they all just a little bit tiring on top of the last 3 years fiasco's

We don't believe a word any of them say and they don't stick to anything they say they will do.

I have never known an election where so many people I know,  don't know who to vote for because they don't trust Johnson or Corbyn, but are not sure what a vote for the Libs or even the Green's is worth, though some of what they say has merit.

Just think there is something wrong with destroying the ballot paper!!

Do we really really think those 650 in there and going to be in there, really sit there thinking all the time how can I best represent the people that voted for me OR once in - what is the best job I can get in here, or the most exposure etc.

Its sad, worrying,depressing at a massive point in our early 21st century history.

Anyway hopefully the result tonight will perk me up!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MattP said:

See Aaron Bastani yesterday (Novara Media head) who is now being sued by Maajid Nawaz, or see the Aaron Banks v Carole Cadwaller case starting today over what she has printed about him over Russia.

No one has denied Guido is right wing, but if they libel people they will be held to account for it.

Purely out of interest Matt, what do you make of Aaron Banks in general? I think my viewpoint on him is abundantly clear but I'd be interested in your take.

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Not as easy to do as a normal media outlet given he's registered in St Kitts & Nevis though...

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

Purely out of interest Matt, what do you make of Aaron Banks in general? I think my viewpoint on him is abundantly clear but I'd be interested in your take.

Have you read the "Bad boys of Brexit?" - It is worth a read to really get inside of the head of him, Wiggy, Oakshott, Tice and Farage. My opinion of him - strange character but very interesting. I think Andy Wigmore is actually the brains behind him though, every problem he has in the book it's always to Wigmore or Tice to see what they should do about it or what direction they should go in.,

What Cadwaller has printed about him though seems far fetched at best (the amount of corrections the Observer has already printed about it is shocking) and a pack of lies at worst though, if that's proven in a court of law then he deserves to be compensate for what she has written.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

Have you read the "Bad boys of Brexit?" - It is worth a read to really get inside of the head of him, Wiggy, Oakshott, Tice and Farage. My opinion of him - strange character but very interesting. I think Andy Wigmore is actually the brains behind him though, every problem he has in the book it's always to Wigmore or Tice to see what they should do about it or what direction they should go in.,

What Cadwaller has printed about him though seems far fetched at best (the amount of corrections the Observer has already printed about it is shocking) and a pack of lies at worst though, if that's proven in a court of law then he deserves to be compensate for what she has written.

Interesting - I'll have to check it out and thanks. The Russia stuff seems to be an entire nest of vipers and you can bet that most of what was done (if it was done) was done in a way that is bloody difficult to come close to proving in a court of law.

I'll be 100% honest though and say that a great deal of what I need to judge about the character of the guy thus far has come from that one Tweet about Miss Thunberg and how shockingly poor taste it is to even "punching-down joke" about stuff like that (and quite frankly given his leanings I'm not sure how much of it really was a joke, but then only he'd know that).

13 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'll be 100% honest though and say that a great deal of what I need to judge about the character of the guy thus far has come from that one Tweet about Miss Thunberg and how shockingly poor taste it is to even "punching-down joke" about stuff like that (and quite frankly given his leanings I'm not sure how much of it really was a joke, but then only he'd know that).

What was this again?