Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Alan Frost

Lets do it again

Why not do it again, we've had a fine start,and the teams looking very good ? We don't have surprise on our side but an away win at Palace is another good result. I'm in Scotland so don't see us live very often so might need correcting here but I think there's a couple of things that would help. 

One . Among neutrals I suspect we've got a lot of friends. Lets make a friend who counts more than most, the referee. I've said it before but take a leaf out of Cloughies book. His teams always got a more than square deal from refs. as he would n't stand dirty play and his players did n't argue with the ref. so the refs. loved Forest. I'm not saying we're bad now but clean it up a bit more and get the ref. well on side. Cloughie made sure refs. knew it by fining players who got booked,or even dropping them. Every one knew this including the refs. There is a time for an over the top foul but not very often and how often does a ref . change his mind because players argue ? Only when the pigs take off . Now the VAR guys will also know giving even more scope for favourable decisions.

Two. As I remember a lot of key goals were scored by our big defenders in the championship year especially at the end of the season .Soyuncu should be sent forward for every corner. I've rated  him very highly since he arrived . I reckon he could score a few from corners and he could automatically be covered at the back by one of the shorter midfielders until he can get back.

Well why not? Ranieri , God bless him, IMO should never be criticised but Rogers may be an even  better manager, certainly tactically. I rate him pretty highly. Let's prove last time was n't a fluke and set our ambitions high.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Why not do it again, we've had a fine start,and the teams looking very good ? We don't have surprise on our side but an away win at Palace is another good result. I'm in Scotland so don't see us live very often so might need correcting here but I think there's a couple of things that would help. 

One . Among neutrals I suspect we've got a lot of friends. Lets make a friend who counts more than most, the referee. I've said it before but take a leaf out of Cloughies book. His teams always got a more than square deal from refs. as he would n't stand dirty play and his players did n't argue with the ref. so the refs. loved Forest. I'm not saying we're bad now but clean it up a bit more and get the ref. well on side. Cloughie made sure refs. knew it by fining players who got booked,or even dropping them. Every one knew this including the refs. There is a time for an over the top foul but not very often and how often does a ref . change his mind because players argue ? Only when the pigs take off . Now the VAR guys will also know giving even more scope for favourable decisions.

Two. As I remember a lot of key goals were scored by our big defenders in the championship year especially at the end of the season .Soyuncu should be sent forward for every corner. I've rated  him very highly since he arrived . I reckon he could score a few from corners and he could automatically be covered at the back by one of the shorter midfielders until he can get back.

Well why not? Ranieri , God bless him, IMO should never be criticised but Rogers may be an even  better manager, certainly tactically. I rate him pretty highly. Let's prove last time was n't a fluke and set our ambitions high.

40 points then we will see     what     we      can      do.............

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Thing is, I don't think we will do it purely because city and Liverpool are just too good.  But Jesus, each game now carries the same nerves watching as when we were half way through the title winning season.  It's not enjoyable to watch (apart from last week).  

I can see Man City and Liverpool getting 90 odd points again. This team, dare I say, is capable of getting more than what we did when we won the title, therefore top 4. Would be surreal if we started to reel in Liverpool though. But let’s think about 40 points before all that lol 

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Not sure about that one Wenger...

The season after the title win was an inevitable anti-climax. Now we build to a consistent top 4 team for a number of years, before spear heading a European super league.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Tell you what if we win next week and Liverpool Man City is a draw, two very plausible results, it will become a topic of discussion again.

That would take us within six points, the games we have, are favourable and then beat Liverpool on Boxing Day you never know lol 

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

This is why we need to boo and whistle every time mane gets the ball

We'd probably get accused of being racist in this day and age. Either that or Mane would do a Vardy and score the winner and celebrate in front of our fans 🤢