Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ginger_Filbert

Diego Llorente

Good player and if we have an eye on Europe next year then bringing in someone on January to bring them up to speed in the summer isn’t the worst idea. 

That said Oryazabal (probably butchered the spelling) at the same club is the real star turn of Sociedad who plays as a wide forward. Now he would be very welcome!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Good player and if we have an eye on Europe next year then bringing in someone on January to bring them up to speed in the summer isn’t the worst idea. 

That said Oryazabal (probably butchered the spelling) at the same club is the real star turn of Sociedad who plays as a wide forward. Now he would be very welcome!

Oryazabal is incredible, shame he plays wode left usually though

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Get him in. 

Just wanted to clear things up. Roland Orzabal a really great musician in this band. No relation to the Center Half at Solciedad.

I thought it was the striker who used to play for Spurs. Then I realized his first name is Fernando I think. Sorry.

6 hours ago, murphy said:

I take it from the direction this thread is taking, no one apart from Strider knows anything about him?

I do, but I don't think we need another CB. Unless the club think Benkovic won't step up or is too slow in doing so at the moment. 

We do need a replacement for Wes at some point but I can't imagine Llorente leaves to be a bench warmer. 

• Like 1

Video from his time at Rayo Vallecano, his former club:

Only seen him a few times on Sky, but easy to understand why Leicester would be interested. All of the CB's we target these days have to be comfortable on the ball, technical and can pass, and Llorente is good at all three. He looks about 6 foot and is quite fast, though a bit gangly which could be an issue for the Premier League, so he needs to get on the Gary Taylor-Fletcher diet! In the game I saw there was a passage of play where he dealt with an attack superbly with a run and tackle, then played a raking 60 yard pass along the floor to left wing where Oryazabal (the guy I mentioned above) ran past two players and scored. How he deals with the elite attackers in La Liga I don't know, but Sociedad are currently in third place and have the same points as Barcelona and Real Madrid, so I assume the answer is "quite well".

Buying from abroad is probably a good option for us as English clubs will take the piss. No doubt foreign clubs also charge a premium but take the Soyuncu deal as an example. Freiburg accepted 20m which is a lot for a mid table club in the Bundesliga, whereas that's less than the price Bournemouth paid for Dominic Solanke over here, despite Soyuncu being capped at international level and being a first team player for a competitive team. 

Personally reckon a bigger club might be in for him over us, but we do have the cash to hand!

• Like 2