Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Rodgers - re Speculation (Arsenal amongst others)

1 hour ago, Manini said:

This properly did me for a second lol 

It’s true though. He has said all the right things and left all the doors open. Arsenal come knocking and he will be off, guaranteed, because it’s not about now, it’s about down the line. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

It’s true though. He has said all the right things and left all the doors open. Arsenal come knocking and he will be off, guaranteed, because it’s not about now, it’s about down the line. 

Unless you’re tapped in to Rodgers brain and know exactly what he’s thinking I don’t think you can say it’s guaranteed. Call that pedantic if you like but as the man himself said, it’s all hypothetical, it’s all guess work and nobody knows what’s really going on. 

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Very few managers end their careers with their reputations intact Busby , Nicholson , Robson , Ferguson and possibly Wenger. Guardiola and Morinho will if they know when to leave the stage . Brendan Rodgers is a good manager but one more mistake and he could be managing Peterborough in ten years time. The grass is rarely greener.

Darren Ferguson will be on his 12th go round at Peterborough in ten years time.

6 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Saw a post on the Caf, where they have a Poch or Rodgers thread, and saw this

Right. He's definitely not going to move in January with having a real chance of finishing top 4 at Leicester. After that - who knows. I think any ambitious coach will be cautious to deal with the Woody-Glazers mess we have going on. But if anybody could deal with a tough situation, I would bet Rodgers to be one of them. Leicester was no cakewalk either.

What on earth do you think they mean? The leaving Celtic thing was my only thought :dunno:

That we were a bit of a mess when he took over and got us ticking almost immediately I what I think he means

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

That we were a bit of a mess when he took over and got us ticking almost immediately I what I think he means

Maybe rudderless and quite francophobic, but not deficient in many areas, both in playing staff and backroom staff - its almost a polar opposite to Arsenal.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Manini said:

Unless you’re tapped in to Rodgers brain and know exactly what he’s thinking I don’t think you can say it’s guaranteed. Call that pedantic if you like but as the man himself said, it’s all hypothetical, it’s all guess work and nobody knows what’s really going on. 

I said IF they offer him the post. Then it would escape the realms of the hypothetical. Only then will we truly know. I hope it doesn’t happen because if it does, he will go.  

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Maybe rudderless and quite francophobic, but not deficient in many areas, both in playing staff and backroom staff - its almost a polar opposite to Arsenal.

It's true but the facts are we've got from a team edging near relegation to a side 2nd 12 points clear of 5th, it's a remarkable turn around so I get what hes saying. Hes not going to have the same amount of freedom and less pressure elsewhere but I dont think the latter would bother Rodgers when deciding to make a move. I dont think we have much to worry about until end of season 

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's true but the facts are we've got from a team edging near relegation to a side 2nd 12 points clear of 5th, it's a remarkable turn around so I get what hes saying. Hes not going to have the same amount of freedom and less pressure elsewhere but I dont think the latter would bother Rodgers when deciding to make a move. I dont think we have much to worry about until end of season 

Well under Claude we were never really relegation threatened (we carried a serious death by boredom thread mind), but what Brendan has done is play to the strengths, something Claude just would not do.

Arsenal, may have a deadly forward line, but are frankly laughable in most other areas. That coupled with a board that is getting more stingy (Despite the rare last window splurge) and possibly the most toxic fanbase in England - it would need patience, and I am not sure any "big" club feels they can afford that.

If they are not going to spend, they should just sign Benitez and live with it for a while.

19 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf when he made the comment about there's probably a clause in everyone's contract, he was quite clearly being dismissive not inviting an approach. When you read the quote it was blindingly obvious he was fobbing off the question about his contract in the vein of "yeah but so what everyone does."

The fact the tabloids picked it up, ran with it as him inviting Arsenal on is basically everything wrong with the football press in this country. 

Mad that he actually had to reconfirm that. 

It's all part of the wider short termism disease pandemic. It goes beyond sport. It's everywhere.

- Sell more papers/get more clicks now 
- Completely irrelevant later because nobody trusts journalism

• Like 1

Very simply, I wouldnt be worried. Finishing each place higher up in the EPL is a lot of money. Finishing in the Top 4 a lot lot more. Why would Top let go of Rodgers for any amount of money unless we are talking about Maguire like transfer fee. Even then, a manager is so much more important than any individual player.

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

There is no comparison with what Leicester have set up and what Arsenal have; their infrastructure from the top to the bottom needs totally gutting out. We are far ahead in that sense.

The thing is that our club structure is pretty amazing and I think that even if we lost our manager, we'd survive it. We'd recruit another great manager and move on. On the other hand, clubs like Arsenal will still struggle regardless of whether BR became their manager because of their deficiencies in the club set up.

Having said that, I think it is too soon for him to jump ship and he has said as much himself

The Mirror are claiming that Arsenal want him but “believe the timing is wrong to appoint him”... it’s amazing, reads like it’s Arsenals choice that he’s not going.  

Personally, the whole thing has been stirred up by journalists desperate to create a saga. I simply believe Rodgers when he says he’s happy and has no reason to leave.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-set-miss-out-no1-21016505

2 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

FFS can you all please stop reacting to this shilo.

Rodgers has said he doesn't want to go.

Do you really think Top and co would allow him to leave when we're on fro CL football.

Hysterical bunch of big girls blouses.

Although I've no doubt he's staying, technically Top and Co. cannot stop him if Arsenal pay the fee and he chooses to leave... 

• Like 1

Just now, Flappit said:

Although I've no doubt he's staying, technically Top and Co. cannot stop him if Arsenal pay the fee and he chooses to leave... 

For the love of god just stop.

The man U job will be going soon, you'll all be wetting the bed again.

He stays or he goes (at some point in the not so near future), pages and pages of angst and numerous threads won't change that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flappit said:

Technically correct, but that last part is pivotal and yet everyone keeps acting as if that's just a formality.

The man himself has said he's happy here and has no reason to leave right now. If Arsenal come in with an offer, good for them. They get to talk to him and put an offer on the table. It'll probably be financially better that what we currently have, but that doesn't mean that he'll deem it enough to consider switching, and even then it doesn't preclude us from counter-offering to convince him to stay.

Firstly let me say I love having Rogers here, and if he remains here for a while we will do very well indeed of that I am sure!

But some people are muppets if they think Rogers would not jump to a bigger club, when he can here from Celtic he jump ship on a treble winning side. IMO he just wanted back into the Premiership and we at LCFC were his best chance at that time.

Please don't delude yourself that he wouldn't do the same to us if Mr Big come calling.

Come on Guys and Gals if someone offer you double your money you would move!!!

Edited by grumpy old git