Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Rodgers - re Speculation (Arsenal amongst others)

29 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Until he says "look, I'm here until the day I die and have had the LCFC crest branded on my arse speculation will continue, but lets let all these tw@ts on Foxes Talk continue to pish their little panties irregardless. They got rid of dear Claudio after he farted in an elevator or something. Wankers eh?"

I always prefer the full quotes where possible

47 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

End of subject sigh of relief, He’s here to stay.

“I have a contract here until 2022. Thus far, I know managers are losing their jobs, the club have not indicated to me that they are going to sack me. I am very happy so would have no need to look elsewhere.

"Why would I want to leave Leicester City at this time? I am working with a group of players who have so much potential. I gave an honest answer about how all managers have some sort of clause in their contracts and suddenly that seems to have thrown a door wide open.

"For me I repeat, I am happy here. Very happy here. I feel I want to continue with that. Take from that what you want.”

Chris Sutton has been spotted driving his Bedford Rascal towards a cliff with Rodgers to Arsenal on the side painted in green, Savage beside him on his 2nd box of salty crisps... :scarf:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gravel said:

Until he says "look, I'm here until the day I die and have had the LCFC crest branded on my arse" speculation will continue.

Wes has a forest tattoo. Means nothing. I want his desire to stay coded into his DNA and to see tiny foxes coming out of his arse.

• Haha 1

I dont doubt he seen arsenal as a bit of a dream job because tbf theres a lot of similarities between Wenger and what Rodgers implements, I know he sees himself as more of a Mourinho student but he wouldve been the ideal man to replace Wenger. They dropped the ball hes on to a winner here and is probably aware his stock will only rise, hes on course to get us champo even if next season is  disaster he has that in his cap and will be desired by clubs of that ilk 

Shows how well he is doing here that he is being linked to jobs. When the Arsenal job was available after Wenger's departure, I said to a few of their fans that Rodgers was the ideal man for them. Thankfully, their club didn't agree with me. 

We have a better squad than Arsenal and it is questionable whether their board will finance the transfers needed for them to be a top 4 side again. Be honest, how many Arsenal players would get into our team? It isn't many. Rodgers would be very brave or very foolish to go there. 

40 minutes ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Shows how well he is doing here that he is being linked to jobs. When the Arsenal job was available after Wenger's departure, I said to a few of their fans that Rodgers was the ideal man for them. Thankfully, their club didn't agree with me. 

We have a better squad than Arsenal and it is questionable whether their board will finance the transfers needed for them to be a top 4 side again. Be honest, how many Arsenal players would get into our team? It isn't many. Rodgers would be very brave or very foolish to go there. 

Arsenal need Puel, and no, I am not being cruel!

Claude is the guy to bring through the youngsters, ditch the egos past their prime and is an excellent scout. After 18 months they would need a bit more inspiration, but he is an excellent manager for a transition. Rogers has built nicely on Claude's solid foundations at Leicester.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Literally no panic at all even after the comments yesterday. Some people need to give their heads a wobble and not be so knee-jerk and scared ffs lol

Not like we've never had a manager walk out on us is it. Hes not going to wolves or villa. But one of the big 6 who knows.

11 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Tbf when he made the comment about there's probably a clause in everyone's contract, he was quite clearly being dismissive not inviting an approach. When you read the quote it was blindingly obvious he was fobbing off the question about his contract in the vein of "yeah but so what everyone does."

The fact the tabloids picked it up, ran with it as him inviting Arsenal on is basically everything wrong with the football press in this country. 

Mad that he actually had to reconfirm that. 

Exactly. Brendan confirms he has the same clause in his contract as every other manager and it's a headline. Seriously?!

• Like 1

The way I see it Rodgers is a great manager but  there’s a vain side to him that welcomes all this ego-massaging speculation.

He’s going nowhere for now (like he said, why would he at this point in time?), but if he were to come out and bluntly say “I don’t want the Arsenal job or any other, this is where I belong” (which of course is what we as Leicester fans want to hear), then he’d no longer be in the limelight with journos and pundits hanging on to his every word.

25 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

Arsenal need Puel, and no, I am not being cruel!

Claude is the guy to bring through the youngsters, ditch the egos past their prime and is an excellent scout. After 18 months they would need a bit more inspiration, but he is an excellent manager for a transition. Rogers has built nicely on Claude's solid foundations at Leicester.

100%

Transitioning our team from where it was in 2017 to where it is now has been a real project and I wonder if chopping and changing managers was part of the plan.  Puel was necessary and did a great job of laying the foundations.  Brendan has come in and is doing a great job at the current phase.  You wouldn't get the builder that dug your foundations to complete the interior design.

Arsenal need someone to do the dirty work.  They could do a lot worse than Puel or someone like him.

• Like 2

Unfortunately when you have bright young manager doing well who knows what he's doing and been very successful other Club are going to want a slice of the action. The media and pundits don't make life easier, all wanting to be proved right although many are bereft of the facts. Their lives are based on speculation and hypothesis just to fill column inches. You'd think ex-players such as Savage, Sutton, Murphy and others should know better, sadly they don't.

I cant believe the media. Rogers to Arsenal. Might as well say Klopp to Arsenal. Because there is no substance in either in terms of what has been said or whether Arsenal have made an approach. But they choose Leicester because we are a so called smaller club so to the press it is inconcievale that he would'nt want to go there. The facts for both are none. Klopp hasnt said he would like the job and neither has Rogers. Bloody media makes me mad!!

He could have said,  ‘Yes. I can rule myself out. I’m not going to Arsenal’. But he hasn’t said that. He has actually left himself open to an approach using terms like, ‘Right now I am happy...’. 

He’s canny. I don’t think he’ll go now for what it’s worth, but those of you who think he has ruled himself out categorically are wrong. He’s still blew a bit of a dog whistle even in his clarifying statement. It might not be now. But it will be later and maybe sooner than we’d like to see. For example at the end of this season. Let’s see.  

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Has there actually ever been a case of a manager wanting to leave but not being able to because of his contract? If they want to leave it just seems to happen, not the same as holding onto a player. 

Yes but no manager has tried it with our owner!

23 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Has there actually ever been a case of a manager wanting to leave but not being able to because of his contract? If they want to leave it just seems to happen, not the same as holding onto a player. 

in the end, they are free to simply resign …...frowned upon by the LMA but still done plenty of times …...