Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Rodgers - re Speculation (Arsenal amongst others)

2 hours ago, Peckfortonfox said:

Drives me insane. Any team outside the traditional top six get a decent player or manager the media try to force them to move as all the talk etc etc drives their sales/views and so on. 

***** the lot of them 

Incredible isnt it. We are talked about as if we are literally nothing and Arsenal are everything.

The amount of mess at that club compared to ours. It'd be a suicidal move.

52 minutes ago, shade said:

guarantee you're wrong, or trolling.

Not trolling. Genuinely believe he would go and sod the fallout. He has navigated a very fine line with his media responses - very clever to be honest. It’s only my opinion and I have been wrong once before. 

Apologies if already posted. But from Mondays press conference, I've highlighted some telling phrases. I'm not saying he won't go (especially in the mid to long term) just saying that these phrases are foolishly chosen if it's a position he's considering. 

At his press conference on Monday, when asked if he will say ‘I’m staying at Leicester. I’m not interested [in Arsenal],’ Rodgers replied: “I have said that.”

He added: “What I will say is I have a contract here until 2022, and thus far, and I know managers are losing their jobs, the club haven’t indicated to me that they are going to sack me, I think they’re pretty happy with how we’re working.

“And like I said I’m very happy, so I’ve no need to look elsewhere. And I think logic would tell you – and I know that sometimes in your world it’s not always logical this gossip and speculation – but why would I want to leave Leicester City at this moment in time?

“I’m working with a young group of players with so much potential, that want to improve and want to develop.

“I was asked a question yesterday [Sunday] on my contract, talking about clauses and stuff like that. I gave an honest answer, which was based around probably most managers have something in their contracts, and by all accounts that opened the door for something.

“Logic looks at it and I repeat, I’m very very happy here. There’s a lot for us to grow and develop over these next few seasons. We’re moving to a new training facility.

“I respect there will always be this speculation around jobs, but for me, I repeat, I’m happy here, very happy, and have great relations with all the people, and I feel I want to continue with that. Take from that what you want.”

The questioning did not end there. Asked again if the message to Arsenal was that he wasn’t interested, Rodgers replied: “The message is clear, it has been, and probably I’ll get asked again until they appoint someone, but it’s very simple: I’m very happy here.

“I made a choice nine months ago to come here for a purpose. The purpose was very clear in that I wanted to help this club move forward out of where it was when I came in, and looking to lead it forward with a group I feel has huge potential. Why would I want to move from that?

“Ok, I moved after nearly three years at Celtic and people may look at me thinking, ‘Right, because a club like Arsenal, with the great institution and size, and all of that…’

But it’s all about happiness and I couldn’t be happier here. My contract is until 2022 and the club haven’t said they want to release me from that.”

It’s a combination [of personal and professional happiness]. I love coming into my work every day, working with the people here.

“And when you come in with that excitement and knowing the potential we have here to really grow and develop, that brings me happiness. I love the area, it’s a wonderful place to live, so when you have that combination why would I want to give that up?”

I mean really - that's pretty clear to me. I don't know why people are saying he hasn't said he's not ruling it out. 

• Like 4

Guest Markyblue
3 minutes ago, TheCryptoPoet said:

Apologies if already posted. But from Mondays press conference, I've highlighted some telling phrases. I'm not saying he won't go (especially in the mid to long term) just saying that these phrases are foolishly chosen if it's a position he's considering. 

At his press conference on Monday, when asked if he will say ‘I’m staying at Leicester. I’m not interested [in Arsenal],’ Rodgers replied: “I have said that.”

He added: “What I will say is I have a contract here until 2022, and thus far, and I know managers are losing their jobs, the club haven’t indicated to me that they are going to sack me, I think they’re pretty happy with how we’re working.

“And like I said I’m very happy, so I’ve no need to look elsewhere. And I think logic would tell you – and I know that sometimes in your world it’s not always logical this gossip and speculation – but why would I want to leave Leicester City at this moment in time?

“I’m working with a young group of players with so much potential, that want to improve and want to develop.

“I was asked a question yesterday [Sunday] on my contract, talking about clauses and stuff like that. I gave an honest answer, which was based around probably most managers have something in their contracts, and by all accounts that opened the door for something.

“Logic looks at it and I repeat, I’m very very happy here. There’s a lot for us to grow and develop over these next few seasons. We’re moving to a new training facility.

“I respect there will always be this speculation around jobs, but for me, I repeat, I’m happy here, very happy, and have great relations with all the people, and I feel I want to continue with that. Take from that what you want.”

The questioning did not end there. Asked again if the message to Arsenal was that he wasn’t interested, Rodgers replied: “The message is clear, it has been, and probably I’ll get asked again until they appoint someone, but it’s very simple: I’m very happy here.

“I made a choice nine months ago to come here for a purpose. The purpose was very clear in that I wanted to help this club move forward out of where it was when I came in, and looking to lead it forward with a group I feel has huge potential. Why would I want to move from that?

“Ok, I moved after nearly three years at Celtic and people may look at me thinking, ‘Right, because a club like Arsenal, with the great institution and size, and all of that…’

But it’s all about happiness and I couldn’t be happier here. My contract is until 2022 and the club haven’t said they want to release me from that.”

It’s a combination [of personal and professional happiness]. I love coming into my work every day, working with the people here.

“And when you come in with that excitement and knowing the potential we have here to really grow and develop, that brings me happiness. I love the area, it’s a wonderful place to live, so when you have that combination why would I want to give that up?”

I mean really - that's pretty clear to me. I don't know why people are saying he hasn't said he's not ruling it out. 

Until he writes it in blood on the back of a naked virgin some people on here wont believe him.

26 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Incredible isnt it. We are talked about as if we are literally nothing and Arsenal are everything.

The amount of mess at that club compared to ours. It'd be a suicidal move.

And if he goes and or better players go cue the media to slate the rest of the premier league for not challenging the top 6

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Until he writes it in blood on the back of a naked virgin some people on here wont believe him.

Cmon, where's he gonna find a virgin in Leicestershire? Presuming you meant a female one, guess there's a few males on here for a start

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

What else can he say?  He said everything except what was important - I don’t want the Arsenal job. He did not say that - everything else might well be true and honest. However, if he gets the offer I genuinely think he would consider it and might decide to go. Which would be unfortunate for him and us really, as Arsenal are miles off us currently and they would need £200-£300 million to rebuild. Don’t think that would come. 

Ffs the guy has said he's staying, why are people still flapping.

23 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

We're the Ferrari. Teams like Arsenal and Man Utd are the Rolls, flashy, but living in the past, with little performance.

Thought we have a bit of all....... performance, history, and style. Being around as long as LCFC have means something to me.

7 minutes ago, reynard said:

If Man utd lose the next two games there will be a vacancy so we can start all over again.

I've heard a lot of people say this and mention Rodgers as being a front runner for the Man Utd job but I really can't see it.  Nothing to do with ability, more to do with the fact he's an ex Liverpool manager and Man Utd must get the next appointment right.  Appointing an ex Liverpool manager will give the fans plenty of ammo to get on his back if things don't start well and increase the risk of ending back up at square one again and sacking yet another manager.  If/when Ole goes I think Poch is an absolute shoe-in to go to Old Trafford.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if moves aren't already underway given Poch's comments in the media in the last couple of days.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

I've heard a lot of people say this and mention Rodgers as being a front runner for the Man Utd job but I really can't see it.  Nothing to do with ability, more to do with the fact he's an ex Liverpool manager and Man Utd must get the next appointment right.  Appointing an ex Liverpool manager will give the fans plenty of ammo to get on his back if things don't start well and increase the risk of ending back up at square one again and sacking yet another manager.  If/when Ole goes I think Poch is an absolute shoe-in to go to Old Trafford.  In fact I wouldn't be surprised if moves aren't already underway given Poch's comments in the media in the last couple of days.

You could be right there.

Guest An Sionnach

If Rodgers left for Arsenal his popularity on here would take a severe downturn , if he went to Man. Utd. the hatred would be off the scale . Almost as bad as the hatred from the Liverpool fans.