Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Ben Chilwell - Chelsea?

On 13/01/2020 at 17:52, 4everfox said:

I think it's crazy how disliked Chilwell is on here. He's one of our own! He's been at the club since before he had pubes (probably), and on top of that, he is the finest player we have produced since Emile Heskey. England's first choice left back is a Leicester academy product! From recent history just remember Paul Konchesky (not a bad player for us by any means) and how much better Chilwell is than he was and get over yourselves. Support the kid or zip it because its embarrassing. 

No room for sentiment, I couldn't care less if they raise and bred here or if we sign from Australia, all I care about is the performance levels and commitment of the players playing for us.  For that reason I also don't care if they 21 or 30.

Our best play since Heskey is been quite imaginative, that's for sure, and interesting you picked another Leicester boy as the previous best player, so I take you have a heavy bias towards home grown players.

• Like 1

On 15/01/2020 at 09:48, Chairman of the Bored said:

Someone on here said Chilwell is the best left back we've ever had? Really? How about David Nish and Dennis Rofe, they were a million miles better than Chillwell. Nish was a Rolls Royce of a player.

What's funny is we still have a better left back at the club, who is a EPL winner at that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chrysalis said:

No room for sentiment, I couldn't care less if they raise and bred here or if we sign from Australia, all I care about is the performance levels and commitment of the players playing for us.  For that reason I also don't care if they 21 or 30.

Our best play since Heskey is been quite imaginative, that's for sure, and interesting you picked another Leicester boy as the previous best player, so I take you have a heavy bias towards home grown players.

Sorry thats a f*king stupid attitude and says more about your outlook than the player :nono:

No need to be rude and start swearing, explain why you disagree.

Imagine team mates thinking they don't have a fair shot at a place in the team simply because they were not born in Leicester, yet you call it stupid.

Edited by Chrysalis

Just now, Chrysalis said:

No need to be rude and start swearing, explain why you disagree.

Imagine team mates thinking they don't have a fair shot at a place in the team simply because they were not born in Leicester, yet you call it stupid.

I apologise, I was shocked at the part I highlighted. I don`t care where they are from, but the age thing is a huge differentiator.

Ben is tantamount to a kid (Makes me old I guess), like a lot of them, and kids are distracted, have their minds on what they see and have little experience of coping with pressures both internal and external.

All them laughing and joking during training and maybe even during games, does not necessarily show their demeanour 24x7

Sure he knows he has been sub (sub) standard of late, and is told how to cope, but he has to do it, and he has little experience of doing so

As always, we all want the same :scarf:

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He means best player you have produced, not best player overall since Heskey.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

If we got alonso as part of this deal id be pretty happy. Im actually a big chillwell fan but Alonso is a match winner. He'd be worth changing to a 5 at the back for. 

You watched Alonso for the last two seasons mate? He's dreadful.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Riot Van said:

You watched Alonso for the last two seasons mate? He's dreadful.

Essentially been asked to play in the wrong position though. Defensively he's not at it, so against strong opposition another alternative might be wise. But having someone like him against teams set up to frustrate us would be amazing. 

The thought of him and ricardo on the same pitch would terrify any defense. The issue is that it would also please alot of wingers. But as part of a 5 you can get away with it. Either way, if we were to loose Chillwell, we'd need someone else who also adds to our attack as this is vital to the way we play as we get most of our width from the fb's. 

Alonso is a highlight reel player. Sadly he has reserved a few of those highlights and telling contributions for against us.

Important to keep hold of Chilwell unless he simply doesn't want to be here; in which case sod a player in exchange... take the cash and keep our powder dry. You get your pants pulled down in this window.

£750 milllion please.

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

https://metro.co.uk/2020/01/25/manchester-united-summer-transfer-move-ben-chilwell-manchester-city-drop-interest-12122560/?ito=newsnow-feed

I can’t ****ing wait for Man Utd to come after Chilly in the summer. It’s going to be so much fun. 

What in a "can't wait to get rid and take their eyes out" way

or

"no way we're going to sell "way?