Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Ben Chilwell - Chelsea?

11 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Sometimes I wonder some folks have been drinking/smoking. According to FT it seems like this Leicester team is full of players that are somehow simultaneously:

• Wanted by the big clubs
  • Not good enough for Leicester
  • Sellable at huge profit
  • Replaceable with better players at a lower price

Football fans are only able to draw conclusions between blinks

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Sometimes I wonder some folks have been drinking/smoking. According to FT it seems like this Leicester team is full of players that are somehow simultaneously:

Delusions of granduer! No one will be happy untill we win the world cup.

Why in god's name would we go for Shaw? That would be a brainless signing. There has to be better than him out there. Injury prone, hasn't hit anything like the expectations and is on enormous money. We've got to do better.

I'm all for cashing in if we get a big offer and have a proper replacement lined up, but not Shaw, we can and should do better. That's a straight downgrade and I'm saying that as somebody who finds Chilwell overrated.

I wonder if Chilwells head has been turned by the interest from Chelsea? Same for Madison and Man United. It will be interesting to see if their performances are up to scratch on the weekend.

Also think that if we don't strengthen then the only way is down in the league. We need to freshen it up a bit.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finnegan said:

I don't want us to sell Chilwell and I want him to stay and improve, as I do with all the academy kids that break in to the first team. 

He's got shit loads of flaws and has probably cost us more points than any other individual in the squad this year but there's a reason defenders peak later than other positions and that's that so much of their art is about experience. He'll learn. 

That said, his position as a young England International with a fair bit of pace and perceived potential makes his market value ridiculously high relative to his ability. Like Maguire, we could almost certainly sell him for silly money and replace him with better for much less. I mean he'd probably go for about three or four times what we paid for Ricky. 

When watching him sometimes it seems like his head and feet aren’t in sync, you can see his idea of what he wants to do but his feet tend to go a bit prematurely at times is there a cure for this condition?

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

When watching him sometimes it seems like his head and feet aren’t in sync, you can see his idea of what he wants to do but his feet tend to go a bit prematurely at times is there a cure for this condition?

If he had this condition he wouldn’t be a professional footballer. 

He maybe lacking some confidence of late but he most certainly isn’t suffering from anything you’re suggesting. 

On 15/01/2020 at 04:48, Chairman of the Bored said:

Someone on here said Chilwell is the best left back we've ever had? Really? How about David Nish and Dennis Rofe, they were a million miles better than Chillwell. Nish was a Rolls Royce of a player.

Don’t forget Nicky Platnauer!

:ph34r:

13 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Never saw him play as I'm too young, but my dad has spent most of my life telling me how good he was at slide tackles.

Ask your Dad about Alan Woolett.....

1 hour ago, CloudFox said:

Good player in a bad patch of form at the moment. He'll recover. He's come a long way in the past few years, and he'll only get better with experience.

No way should we sell him.

We shouldnt, but has his head been turned by Chelsea and the gold paved streets of London Town?

if it has, he can fvck off for all i care, 100m please Roman.

one thing i cannot stand in players is non commitment, if i can be committed to my work when i earn in a year less than most of the premier league players earn in a week, then you better bleed for the cause and the fans, else you are a waste of space and i want you out of my club.

I hope the reports are wrong and it is just a bad patch of form, it just seems a little coincidental that it coincides with the Chelski stories.

Wonder if he has spoken to Drinky to find out how lovely it is down there?

19 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Sometimes I wonder what some folks have been drinking/smoking. According to FT it seems like this Leicester team is full of players that are somehow simultaneously:

English player premium, innit!

3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Good player in a bad patch of form at the moment. He'll recover. He's come a long way in the past few years, and he'll only get better with experience.

No way should we sell him.

Couldn't agree more some people are idiots? They just love to hate someone in this case Chilwell.

I remember when he had all 3 assist for England’s first 3 goals and was voted man of the match by the fans, next day people on here still got on his back moaning and winging.

The clue is if he was a weak link the likes of Chelsea and Man City would not be after him.

Sometimes people wouldn’t know a good player if they saw one. (Moan over).

Edited by grumpy old git
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, justfoxes said:

Yeah.. Sitting on a bench allowing his brain and feet to get reacquainted often has the desired effect! 😂

1 hour ago, grumpy old git said:

Couldn't agree more some people are idiots? They just love to hate someone in this case Chilwell.

I remember when he had all 3 assist for England’s first 3 goals and was voted man of the match by the fans, next day people on here still got on his back moaning and winging.

The clue is if he was a weak link the likes of Chelsea and Man City would not be after him.

Sometimes people wouldn’t know a good player if they saw one. (Moan over).

Spot on, Chilwell is a good player going through a bad patch of form, problem is people have built him up to be the best fullback in the world and he ain't - there's a better one on the other side of the pitch most games!

He's good, he's not a superstar yet and in a good team playing well, off form players tend to stand out, chillers will be back to his best soon, probably after a couple of bench starts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

Every time I have seen him play, I have always liked Alonso and from the fleeting times I have seen Emerson play, I liked him also.

Why don’t Chelsea rate them? Am I missing something? I know they are no Scott Minto but who is!!

I think the main problem from what I've seen and heard about them is they're both great going forward but can't defend at all - like, worse than Chilwell on a bad day. Alonso was great as a wing back for Conte, but Lampard seems to prefer four at the back. I think the rumour is he's reunited with Conte at Inter. Emerson was signed under Conte as well, so was bought to be more of a wing back than a full back.

Just like Victor Moses was Conte's right sided wing back but you wouldn't want him as a fullback.

So not bad players, great at what they do. Both good for Conte's system, but not for others.