Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Ben Chilwell - Chelsea?

I ain't having that he's had his head turned. He's just a young lad who's had a rough few weeks and has the fans on his back because of it, which is obviously making it harder for him. I don't think he's as good as some make out, but he's one of the best left backs in the league when on form. Lets give him a game or two off, take him out of the spotlight and let him play his way back into the team (much like Tielemans).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Certain comments have been made that hes had his head turn, known 'for a fact'.

I'm not buying it personally. Hes had plenty of chances to leave in his career before now and not had that problem.

Huddersfield wanted him didn't they 👍🏻

If he plays badly, yet puts effort in a player should never be booed. However if he plays badly because he’s not trying and no longer wants to be at the club, the fans have every right to get at him a bit. I’m not saying this is what has happened with Chilwell, as only he knows what he wants. If this is a confidence thing though we must get behind him as he will never get it back. 

3 hours ago, nettle said:

Huddersfield wanted him didn't they 👍🏻

Liverpool. Wasn't Klopp an admirer at one point. He'll end up going to Man City but half the posters on this forum think he's shit so they obviously know more than Klopp and Pep.

Edited by Fox92

21 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Liverpool. Wasn't Klopp an admirer at one point. He'll end up going to Man City but half the posters on this forum think he's shit so they obviously no more than Klopp and Pep.

He's not shit he's just a bit passive as a defender for my liking but to be honest he'd fit in well at Man city with the way they control possession.

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Liverpool. Wasn't Klopp an admirer at one point. He'll end up going to Man City but half the posters on this forum think he's shit so they obviously no more than Klopp and Pep.

Well we certainly knew more about Drinkwater than Chelsea did.:yesyes:

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Funny how whenever a player of ours is linked with Arsenal it's "don't go there, their fans are toxic". We hit a new low with that on Saturday for me. I get he was bad but it was an absolute disgrace to be honest. Thoroughly embarrassing behaviour and it's hardly the kind of thing that'll make people want to stick around either.

Bang on.
Now let’s wait for the but they are "men/professional athletes/paid a fortune/there-as-my-personal-point-of-frustration" faux justification type comments.

He is out of form, it happens, let’s support him and may be get some longer term competition into the squad.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Funny how whenever a player of ours is linked with Arsenal it's "don't go there, their fans are toxic". We hit a new low with that on Saturday for me. I get he was bad but it was an absolute disgrace to be honest. Thoroughly embarrassing behaviour and it's hardly the kind of thing that'll make people want to stick around either.

Thats Why there is a wave of forum Members,that cant Pick a player...only Pick fault...!!! Then Hide behind the right to an opinion's-mask..!!!

We just go too far....If seems mobbing,and Kicking in consistent negative campaigns,is an expected entitlement in Today s modern Social Media envroment....!!

All players,must like all of us Adapti to criticism,its Part of life,and maturing,founded or unfounded..!!!! But many supporters peck Away Too much like mother hens,and are Not Mature in thought,when to Let it go and Let it rest....They have lost any idea..of the Base ,which is support to encourage.....and to Stand behind,when things are Not Running as one would like and percieves...It is easy to manage , support even brag,when all runs according to the individuals ideology,just as it is to Fall immediate into frustrating,immature emotional Blame Syndrome when not...!!!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Thats Why there is a wave of forum Members,that cant Pick a player...only Pick fault...!!! Then Hide behind the right to an opinion's-mask..!!!

We just go too far....If seems mobbing,and Kicking in consistent negative campaigns,is an expected entitlement in Today s modern Social Media envroment....!!

All players,must like all of us Adapti to criticism,its Part of life,and maturing,founded or unfounded..!!!! But many supporters peck Away Too much like mother hens,and are Not Mature in thought,when to Let it go and Let it rest....They have lost any idea..of the Base ,which is support to encourage.....and to Stand behind,when things are Not Running as one would like and percieves...It is easy to manage , support even brag,when all runs according to the individuals ideology,just as it is to Fall immediate into frustrating,immature emotional Blame Syndrome when not...!!!

I do think it's a bit different on a football forum, don't go too overboard but this is effectively the equivalent of the pub, granted it's different as you can track exactly what people have said. It's a discussion forum so I think it's fair to point out weaknesses or whatever on here.

In the heat of the moment in a game though, so actively turn on your own players - I'm not defending anything about the performance Saturday but what exactly is it going to achieve?

Terrible support.

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

I think it's crazy how disliked Chilwell is on here. He's one of our own! He's been at the club since before he had pubes (probably), and on top of that, he is the finest player we have produced since Emile Heskey. England's first choice left back is a Leicester academy product! From recent history just remember Paul Konchesky (not a bad player for us by any means) and how much better Chilwell is than he was and get over yourselves. Support the kid or zip it because its embarrassing. 

Nah - he’s crap mate .....garbage ..... worst player ever ...... since junior lewis .....infact he makes junior lewis look like KDB .....anyway, he’s even worse than garbage .....

He has shown he has the ability, hence interest from Chelsea, Man City (and England regular). There are weaknesses to his game; if he works on these (attitude will be important), with the help of coaching staff (and Fuchs) I'm sure there will be few doubters about his ability.  Furthermore, we would need to have a proper replacement before even considering a sale. It's unfortunate his drop in form coincides with others in the team.

He’s been pretty poor last few games losing possession for Southamptons first really think the lad needs a break, maybe give James Justin a run out he can play both flanks and when he’s played looks very handy . 

Edited by justfoxes
  • Like 1