Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Ben Chilwell - Chelsea?

I like Chilwell and I don't want him to leave.

However just as with Maguire if the price is right....

If Shaw is happy to move to Leicester for £25m I'd agree with Chelsea a transfer of Chilwell for Ake (who they can re-sign for £40m) plus £40m and upwards in cash.

Shaw+Ake+cash > Chillerz.

1 minute ago, FIF said:

If Shaw is happy to move to Leicester for £25m I'd agree with Chelsea a transfer of Chilwell for Ake (who they can re-sign for £40m) plus £40m and upwards in cash.

Luke Shaw is apparently the highest paid full back in world football, it bothers me when a player has to take such a huge pay cut especially one that is injury prone and mentality is often in question. This would smack of a Congerton type signing, where on paper it's a big name from a big club.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why don't you offer them £5 for Stamford Bridge as well?

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Luke Shaw is apparently the highest paid full back in world football, it bothers me when a player has to take such a huge pay cut especially one that is injury prone and mentality is often in question. This would smack of a Congerton type signing, where on paper it's a big name from a big club.

Agree with this.  Young, hungry players on the way up please (like Justin), not washed up has-beens on the way down (Shaw).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

To be honest I didn't know about his wages though I expected them to be around £80,000 pw. I don't get the Congerton slur though. He hasn't made enough deals for Leicester for me to attack him. I've watched Shaw play and even though he looks overweight he has put in many good performances for Manure. If Justin works out he could always be the starter on the left instead of backing up Ricardo on the right but the thought of getting Ake for such a reasonable amount makes me willing to transfer Chillerz. Ake is a natural leader and successor to Morgan/Evans alongside Soyuncu. He even plays LB and attacks down the wing. If we move to 3 at the back I think he's perfect.

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Agree with this.  Young, hungry players on the way up please (like Justin), not washed up has-beens on the way down (Shaw).

Shaw is 24, chilwell is 23. Shaw could benefit from BR after the shit he's had to put up with. check out his stats

Someone on here said Chilwell is the best left back we've ever had? Really? How about David Nish and Dennis Rofe, they were a million miles better than Chillwell. Nish was a Rolls Royce of a player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Chairman of the Bored said:

Someone on here said Chilwell is the best left back we've ever had? Really? How about David Nish and Dennis Rofe, they were a million miles better than Chillwell. Nish was a Rolls Royce of a player.

The kids on here think life started when they began playing FIFA. They couldn't begin to comprehend how much more difficult football was when the grounds were shitty and the play so much more physical. 

I'm still amazed by the quality of some of our players from the 60's and 70's as well as from MoN's reign.

45 minutes ago, FIF said:

Shaw is 24, chilwell is 23. Shaw could benefit from BR after the shit he's had to put up with. check out his stats

OK, they are similar ages, point taken, but Shaw seems to have been around forever.  My reluctance is down to the fact that I don't like signing players that are on their way down.

These type of signings worry me as I would question their hunger and whether they think that they are slumming it or too good for us.  I'm not talking about Shaw specifically here, I don't know him, just making a general point about transfers that fit this kind of profile.  I always prefer players on an upward trajectory.

Cambiasso is an obvious exception but I think that is different as he was a player in the twilight of his career looking at one last hurrah and chance to play in the PL.

1 hour ago, Chairman of the Bored said:

Fuchs?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Shaw is on £190k p/w apparently ... lol

Yep, and I imagine there are probably some hefty appearance clauses etc in there as well

Even if we did want Shaw, he would have to take about a 50% wage decrease, which I can’t see happening

1 hour ago, FIF said:

The kids on here think life started when they began playing FIFA. They couldn't begin to comprehend how much more difficult football was when the grounds were shitty and the play so much more physical. 

I'm still amazed by the quality of some of our players from the 60's and 70's as well as from MoN's reign.

Lots of variables though, look at the amount of miles players run now to compete.

you need to be an athlete now to compete at the highest level.

thats wasn’t the case then.

21 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yep, and I imagine there are probably some hefty appearance clauses etc in there as well

Even if we did want Shaw, he would have to take about a 50% wage decrease, which I can’t see happening

Yanited would have to pay up the difference between what we are prepared to pay him and what they owe him in his contract 

like we would if we sold silva back to SCP

28 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I wouldn't pay Shaw £190 a week to have him at Celtic, a poor footballer, doesn't even look fit enough.

4 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

Chilwell isn't the best left back we've ever had.  I'd argue that for two years (before his slow decline because of age) Fuchs was significantly better at the job. 

Fuchs 15/16 is the best left back I’ve seen at the club. Chilwell doesn’t come close at the moment. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

What is a Congerton type signing? Do you think he is the only one that makes decisions about who we buy?

The debate over Chilwell rages on.  However, I for one do not rate him.  He cant cross,loses possession, regularly gives the ball away, switches off in games by wandering too far into the middle of the pitch, bombs up the flanks gets to the edge of the penalty area stops and passes it backwards bloody infuriating.

yes, he is young and perhaps still learning his trade, but seriously if he is the number 1 full back for England I genuinely fear for us at the Euros.

David Nish and Dennis Rofe were far better fullbacks come to think of it so is Christian Fuchs.

If Chelsea are willing to pay 60 million plus for him I would sell and give James Justin a chance.

Edited by suffolk fox
spelling errors
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, suffolk fox said:

The debate over Chilwell rages on.  However, I for one do not rate him.  He cant cross,loses possession, regularly gives the ball away, switches off in games by wandering too far into the middle of the pitch, bombs up the flanks gets to the edge of the penalty area stops and passes it backwards bloody infuriating.

yes, he is young and perhaps still learning his trade, but seriously if he is the number 1 full back for England I genuinely fear for us at the Euros.

David Nish and Dennis Rofe were far better fullbacks come to think of it so is Christian Fuchs.

If Chelsea are willing to pay 60 million plus for him I would sell and give James Justin a chance.

Well he can’t cross it in cos you already told us he is sh1t at crossing ......

better he keeps possession than just turn it over cheaply and allow a quick break on us !

one of my statements is true and one is sarcastic .........

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

Shaw is on £190k p/w apparently ... lol

£190k a week and 3.5 years of his contract left, he'll be turning 28 when his contract is up at Man Utd. I wouldn't be surprised to see him retire after that as well. 

I'd also bet Man Utd would think it was Christmas if we bid for him. Even if he came here for 90k a week that's still £18m he would lose in wages, he simply won't do it unless Man Utd paid him to go. 

23 hours ago, Chairman of the Bored said:

Peter Rodrigues? Master of the sliding tackle!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, FIF said:

To be honest I didn't know about his wages though I expected them to be around £80,000 pw. I don't get the Congerton slur though. He hasn't made enough deals for Leicester for me to attack him. I've watched Shaw play and even though he looks overweight he has put in many good performances for Manure. If Justin works out he could always be the starter on the left instead of backing up Ricardo on the right but the thought of getting Ake for such a reasonable amount makes me willing to transfer Chillerz. Ake is a natural leader and successor to Morgan/Evans alongside Soyuncu. He even plays LB and attacks down the wing. If we move to 3 at the back I think he's perfect.

This goes completely against the type of transfers we have made during our recent success, I can only assume the change in philosophy would be down to Congerton and Rodgers. I'd love Ake here, if Bournemouth go down he will be more than gettable, just will have to compete with many other clubs.

3 hours ago, TommyK said:

What is a Congerton type signing? Do you think he is the only one that makes decisions about who we buy?

Congerton has a reputation for recommending signing out of favour players from big clubs. Look at his record at Sunderland. It might be harsh to blame him for a tenious link to Luke Shaw but such a player goes completely against our recruitment processes of recent years and I could only assume that if that's the sort of route we will now be going down is due to the work of Congerton and Rodgers. Rodgers has a lot of power over the club, the fact he was allowed to decide who the new Recruitment Director was given his atrocious record in recent jobs is testament to that.

• Like 1