Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Ben Chilwell - Chelsea?

4 hours ago, JJS84 said:

Ben is a very very good player, who is suffering a bit of indifferent form, particularly given the chopping and changing of formations recently. if and when he goes it will be very difficult and expensive to replace him. 

I remember around this time last season, Chilwell and Maguire were both linked with moves away. At the time I rated Maguire much higher than Chilwell but said at that point out of the two, I would rather we sold Maguire as in my eyes he was much easier to replace (cheers Cags)

I'm by no means Chilwells biggest fan, but it would be a nightmare to replace him.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Chilwell is the equivalent of the Emperor’s New Clothes.

Many ‘believe / say he is good’ despite what they have seen with their own eyes for the last three years.

He has very little, if any footballing ability and he cannot do a half decent job as a defender. His  ONLY attribute is his athleticism and while that pace can rectify some errors, it clearly doesn’t change the thought processes to a level where he can implement the simplest of defensive duties such as closing down an on coming attacker.

As a result he can’t offer the ‘footballing’ aspects that Rodger’s style needs. Nor can he do a job in a 442 to the extent Danny Simpson did for us.

He is 22 not 17, so I would suggest any improvement at al is not something to rely upon.

Sell for big bucks, and find a left back from the continent like we did with Fuchs or maybe utilise Justin in his place who looks a far better player already.

Wow. You really need to get some perspective. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

“He has very little, if any footballing ability”  do you actually read what you’ve written and how completely ridiculous your words are? 

Explain to me his outstanding abilities with the ball, and the same with his defensive work.

Do as I say and check out the Hans Christian Anderson’s classic.

It will become clear to you then 😁

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

19 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Explain to me his outstanding abilities with the ball, and the same with his defensive work.

Do as I say and check out the Hans Christian Anderson’s classic.

It will become clear to you then 😁

Ha, you’ve stated that a professional footballer who has played for England and in the premier league has “very little or any footballing ability” I have no inclination to explain anything to someone with such a bizarre thought process.

No I won’t be doing as you say, I’ll stick with Charles Dickens and Great Expectations thanks. 

30 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Ha, you’ve stated that a professional footballer who has played for England and in the premier league has “very little or any footballing ability” I have no inclination to explain anything to someone with such a bizarre thought process.

No I won’t be doing as you say, I’ll stick with Charles Dickens and Great Expectations thanks. 

👏👏

What is this the ‘love Chilwell’ whatever thread? 

I find that when people don't rate a player, it's like they watch the game selectively.  They watch games looking for something to confirm their own opinion. As soon as he passes backwards, or has a defensive mistake, they're like "Aha! I knew it! He's terrible and we should get rid of him." 

It reminds me how people use to treat Kasper Schmeichel. "Oh he doesn't command the box well enough. He's terrible at defending set pieces. His distribution is poor and he always puts the ball out of play." 

Meanwhile, he kept on getting selected for Leicester City and Denmark. He kept on improving, and now he's one of the best keepers in the premier league. Yet, if you bunch of geniuses had your way, we would have dropped him for Mark Schwarzer or Ben Hamer lol 

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

👏👏

What is this the ‘love Chilwell’ whatever thread? 

Yes, pretty much. :thumbup:

But you can pretty much swap Ben out for most of the squad - support innit :scarf:

• Thanks 1

Think Ben today, and Harvey to a less obvious degree, summarised the perils and challenges facing any manager with a young high potential squad.

(no doubt the high potential statement above will be disputed, but I don’t care)

What do you when they go quiet/off the boil?

Do you drop them? Or do you them grow and play their way into form?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Think Ben today, and Harvey to a less obvious degree, summarised the perils and challenges facing any manager with a young high potential squad.

(no doubt the high potential statement above will be disputed, but I don’t care)

What do you when they go quiet/off the boil?

Do you drop them? Or do you them grow and play their way into form?

To make it to the very top in your position you need the bad games and have to work through it. Both young and it’s very rare players find consistency till 25. Both will be top players, patience is just needed. Same with most of this amazing squad. 

• Like 2

I don’t particularly rate him and never really have. I don’t think is is anywhere near as good as Fuchs was for us in the title winning season. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I’m not sold on him. He has a fantastic engine and he is quick, but his defensive positioning at times of awful, he is horribly uncomfortable on the ball and he is horribly inconsistent when attacking. 

His lack of confidence at the moment is making him look worse than he is, but he is not the player people are making him out to be (in my opinion). Yes he is young, and yes he can improve, but I have serious doubts about both him and Barnes, they’re lacking in areas that should be simple for footballers at their level. I’d quite like to see Justin there as he played left back for Luton, he can’t be any worse than Ben was today, Ben does not deserve a game next weekend, he needs dropping.

• Like 4

Looking at Luke Shaw as his replacement.........according to HITC.  If that happens,  can someone please turn out the lights and let me know which asylum the scouting team have been sent to, so I can send them some flowers and magic mushrooms.  This weekend cannot get much worse.

Edited by mozartfox

12 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t particularly rate him and never really have. I don’t think is is anywhere near as good as Fuchs was for us in the title winning season. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I’m not sold on him. He has a fantastic engine and he is quick, but his defensive positioning at times of awful, he is horribly uncomfortable on the ball and he is horribly inconsistent when attacking. 

His lack of confidence at the moment is making him look worse than he is, but he is not the player people are making him out to be (in my opinion). Yes he is young, and yes he can improve, but I have serious doubts about both him and Barnes, they’re lacking in areas that should be simple for footballers at their level. I’d quite like to see Justin there as he played left back for Luton, he can’t be any worse than Ben was today, Ben does not deserve a game next weekend, he needs dropping.

When offered space, which he was in earlier games this season, he can use his engine to really hurt teams - naturally in those games he's got very little defending to do too. Recently, teams have noticeably targeted the left-side. This could be due to Ricky being absolutely imperious down the right (also sheds light on how terrified teams are to even go near him which is great), but ultimately it exposes Chilwell's frailties at the moment. He was nowhere near Armstrong, which gave him space to get the shot off that deflected in. 

36 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Looking at Ben Shaw as his replacement.........according to HITC.  If that happens,  can someone please turn out the lights and let me know which asylum the scouting team have been sent to, so I can send them some flowers and magic mushrooms.  This weekend cannot get much worse.

Ben?? Are you shaw?

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

Looking at Luke Shaw as his replacement.........according to HITC.  If that happens,  can someone please turn out the lights and let me know which asylum the scouting team have been sent to, so I can send them some flowers and magic mushrooms.  This weekend cannot get much worse.

could be the congerton factor at play ..... let’s see who we buy before we sh1t ourselves ! 

On 10/01/2020 at 13:14, bmt said:

You're a moron.

Has no footballing ability - bad defending/opposition or not I dare you to watch this video (obviously you won't because you have no interest in anything except moaning against a home grown player): 

I would suggest that he had a poor game the other night (although not as bad as people make out), but he's been better than people make out this season and certainly most of last season. I think him being forced to make the easy pass recently has been due to poor movement from others as much as it has been from him.

He looks best when he hits the byline or when he drives inside which both work better when we break quickly. When we did against Villa players were so behind the pace he lacked the option to do either. Praet also was looking around with nobody to pass to when he was on in the first half, and ended up passing it backwards usually. Fuchs was also off the pace, he's a good defender and really good backup but he is definitely not what we need. Also Justin is right footed, he's decent cover but you can't be playing right backs at left back, it makes no sense.

Look at the opposition you have cited; Montenegro! 

All your examples of odd things he may have done well, do not counteract mistakes and his inabilities.

For clarity; if there are four easy clearances to make and he deals with three of them but ****s up the fourth; that scenario does not mean he is a good defender. He has been at fault for countless goals even this season.Obviously can’t see or grasp that, which far from me being a moron; makes you the moron.

The same goes by the way for his distribution, which has never been any good in the round (remember what’s written above - one good cross or assist out of 20 opportunities is not the level that makes him good at it) and this season he is without doubt atrocious.

I’m sorry to say you’ve made yourself look very silly given yesterday’s events where he delivered another appalling performance which makes your version of Chilwell’s credentials laughable.

I said this for two or three years and it remains, that his only credible attribute at this level is his pace.