Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Even if Justin is fit this season, a player lacking match fitness and readiness is not what is needed in a relegation battle. 
Organise some friendlies, or give him some U21 games and let him ease back in and ready to go for next year.

We are really going to need him fit and ready to go.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Even if Justin is fit this season, a player lacking match fitness and readiness is not what is needed in a relegation battle. 
Organise some friendlies, or give him some U21 games and let him ease back in and ready to go for next year.

We are really going to need him fit and ready to go.

I'm always surprised that clubs don't use the loan market in these circumstances (namely long term injuries that happen to coincide a return to fitness towards the end of our own season)  and target a (lower level) league that plays in our summer...Sweden maybe? Even South America? 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Maybe, just maybe, at the time of the squad registration in Jan, there was no likelihood Justin would return by end of the season?

There are lots of things to slate Rodgers for, this isn't at the top of the list. 

I posted in jan that it was possible JJ could be back for the last couple of games but the word was ‘possible’.  That was based on Ricky’s fitness and the time difference between their injuries. Bertrand was clearly considered more likely to be available sooner - this has turned out to be the case. 

Can only register so many players. People moaning the other day about lack of wide options and loaning out Perez and Albrighton but they had to make a judgement call to allow new signings to also be registered. 

Can blame Brendan for many things but harsh to say JJ should have been registered. 

Anyway…. The focus seems to be all wrong in the last couple of pages 

Is anyone else delighted that a quality full back who was possibly destined for a World Cup outing is going to be available to us next season?

He’s going to add so much to us next year and imagine he’s chomping at the bit to get involved and do well…

G’won JJ!!!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

Could we have not registered JJ or Bertrand and left a free spot for whoever comes back from injury first?

No, there is a deadline to meet for squad registration - typically upon the January window shutting. 

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

No - we filled the squad 25

Yes with Ryan Bertrand.

Could we not submit a 24 man squad with one slot that could be filled later by either Justin or Bertrand depending on fitness?

I know you can register players after the cut off date if you haven't filled the squad.

Edited by Captain...

32 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Yes with Ryan Bertrand.

Could we not submit a 24 man squad with one slot that could be filled later by either Justin or Bertrand depending on fitness?

I know you can register players after the cut off date if you haven't filled the squad.

I believe that’s only an option if the player wasn’t registered to you (or anyone else) on the date the squad is submitted 

34 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Yes with Ryan Bertrand.

Not at Justin's age.

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I believe that’s only an option if the player wasn’t registered to you (or anyone else) on the date the squad is submitted 

Ah, I guess that makes sense. The whole 25 man squad thing is stupid, either that or we are just so bad at managing it.