Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

5 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He is going to be a massive miss, I worry about Thomas, need a new LB ASAP

I`m not remotely worried about Luke, in fact he may even improve things, JJ VERY reticent about going forwards, sick to the back teeth of him reaching halfway turning and passing backwards, trust Thomas implicitly, being given a run of games could be the making of him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, car1os said:

Not always. A lot of people describe it as a “kick in the back of the leg”. It isn’t always painful at the time of injury. 

Such bad luck for a talented player… wishing you a speedy recovery JJ!!!

I ruptured mine back in May.  I thought at first someone had thrown a stone at the back of my leg but I have known much worse pain.  After that no pain at all but it aches as it starts to recover.

46 minutes ago, mad biker said:

I`m not remotely worried about Luke, in fact he may even improve things, JJ VERY reticent about going forwards, sick to the back teeth of him reaching halfway turning and passing backwards, trust Thomas implicitly, being given a run of games could be the making of him.

Luke has shown he has a strong character for someone so young and I agree that it could be the making of him. He seemed to get even better with a run of games last year so this could be just what he needs to develop further. Still very upset about Justin though - terrible luck and timing. He will be strong too and come through it even more fortified I hope. Lucky we have Timmy who can cover both sides if needed and hopefully Ricardo will come back fit and raring to go. Football works in funny ways ( not haha funny) and maybe this may galvanise the fighting spirit of the squad. 

• Like 2

A blow in one ways than one. He had been way under his form all season but since keeping Bernardo quiet the other week, he had notably got his confidence up. Even before his goal on Tuesday, he looked a danger attacking wise. Also looked like he’d finally got the understanding with Harvey. 

Here’s hoping somehow Ricky P can slot in 

On 10/11/2022 at 16:15, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't know the science behind the boots but it looks like you know this stuff. Do you think the boots and certain pitch conditions cause the tsunami of serious injuries players experience the past 3-4 years? Because the long term injuries have definitely increased significantly compared to past times. 

Studies show that since the year 2000 foot injuries have increased overall, 2000 is when the “modern” football boot was being modified to what we have now, think how many times you heard metatarsal injury pre-& post 2000

With regards to hybrid pitches the long term data is still to be collated but these pitches came about in 2013 and injuries such as ACL have increased year on year in the top flight, as an example there were 18 ACL/MCL/LCL injuries in 2013 and in 2017 there were 28, that’s 28 top flight players in 1 season getting a serious knee injury.

Im not saying it’s 1 thing because it’s not, it’s a collective, it’s boot, pitch, speed of the game, fatigue and ‘un’luck if you like

• Thanks 2

On 10/11/2022 at 21:32, mad biker said:

Thomas looks shit scared most of the time. He simply isnt as good as Justin.

For me its more hope than belief that he will be up to it:(

We only used to have one midfielder on long term injury. Now we have a ton of players constantly or regularly side-lined.

Justin, Betrand, Evans, Ndidi, and Pereira all require extended spells out. Its look like something is wrong with our defensive training, coaching or fitness.

3 minutes ago, Bazly said:

We only used to have one midfielder on long term injury. Now we have a ton of players constantly or regularly side-lined.

Justin, Betrand, Evans, Ndidi, and Pereira all require extended spells out. Its look like something is wrong with our defensive training, coaching or fitness.

It’s a wonder that ward didn’t have a bad back after the first seven games  …..

7 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Studies show that since the year 2000 foot injuries have increased overall, 2000 is when the “modern” football boot was being modified to what we have now, think how many times you heard metatarsal injury pre-& post 2000

With regards to hybrid pitches the long term data is still to be collated but these pitches came about in 2013 and injuries such as ACL have increased year on year in the top flight, as an example there were 18 ACL/MCL/LCL injuries in 2013 and in 2017 there were 28, that’s 28 top flight players in 1 season getting a serious knee injury.

Im not saying it’s 1 thing because it’s not, it’s a collective, it’s boot, pitch, speed of the game, fatigue and ‘un’luck if you like

You can add excessive watering of the pitch before and at half time as well.

On 10/11/2022 at 22:11, lifted*fox said:

this is foxestalk - pure speculation and finger pointing based on zero evidence is the order of the day!

i mean, im no genius but id imagine it goes something like this:

JJ - 'i feel fine to play'

medical team - 'he seems fine to play'

brendan - 'no stress, you're playing'.

how some on here see it:

JJ - 'i don't know boss, I'm feeling tweaky'

medical team - 'yeah probably shouldn't risk him, his ACL could ping any minute now!'

brendan - 'nonsense, get him on the pitch immediately, no questions asked!' 

does anyone on here seriously think the second scenario is what happens?

...to be fair, players always want to play!!!

They maybe carrying a niggle or worried about losing their position in the team, so prone to making choices which are not necessarily in their best medical interest.

We have heard of players getting injections before games, admittedly the player gives consent for this, for the previously stated reasons trying not to let the team down.

The medical team needs to be the arbiter of the situation, where any doubts are relayed to the manager and the player is suitably advised.

I did find it strange that Soyuncu came back into the fold, as in training he was heavily strapped up, and his one outing has led to a hamstring problem,  not sure I would have given him the green light to play, if someone needs that much support to protect their muscles, then they can't be ready to fully compete.

26 minutes ago, Bazly said:

...the conditioning of players are a problem for me!!!

The above named players will probably be beset with these recurring problems for the rest of their careers. Perhaps their physique may be a contributory factor in this, except for Bertram whose age and games previously played has taken their toll.

52 minutes ago, Bazly said:

It's just bad luck apparently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

Careful mate, anyone would think you were suggesting that the First Team Manager is responsible for the management of the First Team. Crazy stuff.

I’m not a Rodgers lover but this can’t be left on his door.

As for the examples of other injury prone players, that’s exactly what that list is….players that for various reasons (age in Evans and Bertrand’s case) are just more prone to injuries and sadly shouldn’t be relied on for a 38 game season!

1 hour ago, Bazly said:

Nothing to do with a stop-start season due to COVID, shorten pre-seasons in the last 2 summers, and two back to back European campaigns which saw us play over 110 games in two seasons.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I’m not a Rodgers lover but this can’t be left on his door.

As for the examples of other injury prone players, that’s exactly what that list is….players that for various reasons (age in Evans and Bertrand’s case) are just more prone to injuries and sadly shouldn’t be relied on for a 38 game season!

In the past I think things could be landed at his door, not solely but along with the medical teams. It's a tricky balance for managers but often our players get long term injuries that they were already struggling with (Rodgers tends to disclose this) which is then a question of what tolerance level we have for risking players. The demands are often that we have to to continue to compete but if it happens too much (like it was doing last season) or happening repeatedly to injury prone players then it's not acceptable.

Rodgers did / has been a bit more mindful of this for players returning from injuries after the mistakes made with Ricardo, Justin and Ndidi in previous seasons. So to say it can't be the managers fault players ever get injuries is false.

7 hours ago, gerblod said:

Macho posturing on your behalf in asserting that Luke Thomas "looks shit scared most of the time". Would you say that to his face? He stood in for Justin for the half-season leading up to the Cup Final and acquitted himself beyond any expectation of a teenager thrown in at the deep end.

No professional footballer could function effectively in a state of anxiety and no sensible manager would select a player who was likely to freeze in a highly stressed environment like Premier football. 

Sorry snowflake, he looks nervous most of the time.

I would say it to his face, chest puffed out and with my angry eyes on.

Hows that for macho posturing?

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

In the past I think things could be landed at his door, not solely but along with the medical teams. It's a tricky balance for managers but often our players get long term injuries that they were already struggling with (Rodgers tends to disclose this) which is then a question of what tolerance level we have for risking players. The demands are often that we have to to continue to compete but if it happens too much (like it was doing last season) or happening repeatedly to injury prone players then it's not acceptable.

Rodgers did / has been a bit more mindful of this for players returning from injuries after the mistakes made with Ricardo, Justin and Ndidi in previous seasons. So to say it can't be the managers fault players ever get injuries is false.

I’m actually in total agreement with you about historically but JJ getting injured in mid week was not Rodgers playing him whilst in the “red zone”.

I still sadly feel that JJ/Ricky/Wilf are just injury prone players that you wouldn’t put your life savings on playing more than 35+ games in a season regardless who the manager/coaching/physio team are.

• Like 1