Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

Oh no. Poor poor James :(

Sickening that the last action we'll see of him for ages is that quality curling strike on his weaker foot. He's only been starting to play himself into form over the past couple of months.

Plus, it always seems to happen to the good guys. Matty James, Ricardo and now JJ.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eblair said:

medical team have screwed it

two players with ACL injuries both end up with ruptured achilles 

IT IS THE CLUB

You do realise when you barely move a limb for several months because of an injury, all the other muscles/tendons etc go a bit.... shit?

• Like 2

Just trawled through the last few pages of this thread and not one single credible quote or link that I can see.  :dunno:

On a side note, Southgate said in his interview today after the England squad selection that we'd lost 2 left backs to injury this week, so he must mean JJ as one of them, which in turn means he must be on the radar.

Gutted.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

From personal experience I can tell you why this could be the worst outcome. i fully ruptured my achilles, i didn’t feel any pain. 

I found this odd and my physio told me it’s because it has fully snapped… like cutting an elastic band. 

The less severe the injury, the worse the pain. Reason being as it’s ripped but still attached for the pain to flow.  If it’s his achilles and he was as calm as he was… i can only imagine that’s fully snapped… which is best case 4 months with an op… and a very slow recovery to get back to full strength 

58 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Must have gone straight in to shock. That's a screaming in pain injury and he seemed pretty calm.

see my post mate! I hate being right on this one, absolute pig of an injury to recover from! 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just trawled through the last few pages of this thread and not one single credible quote or link that I can see.  :dunno:

On a side note, Southgate said in his interview today after the England squad selection that we'd lost 2 left backs to injury this week, so he must mean JJ as one of them, which in turn means he must be on the radar.

Gutted.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Gutted.

From the press conference

Justin?

“Sadly, he’ll have an operation tonight. He’s ruptured his Achilles. A huge disappointment. He probably would have been close to Gareth’s plans. We’re hugely disappointed for him. We’ve lost two top players to that. It will probably put him out for most of the season. We wish him a speedy recovery.”

•  
  •  
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, eblair said:

medical team have screwed it

two players with ACL injuries both end up with ruptured achilles 

IT IS THE CLUB

& nothing to do with paper thin football boots that have no support in them & a surface that has a mix of grass & man made fibres woven together to make for a more durable playing surface, the downside (for players) means when studs go in they don't rip up a grass divet with the foot being released from the surface swinging through.. now the stud can get locked & stored kinetic energy takes over causing over rotation to the lower limbs especially knees & ankles along with lower back issue....but no its all Rodgers / medical teams fault

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I think LB was already on the list judging by some of the links to players.

I just ready both are contracted till 2026 mind. So unless we can shift Ricky, it's probably just a first choice left back and then we have talented cover in Justin and Pereira

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

& nothing to do with paper thin football boots that have no support in them & a surface that has a mix of grass & man made fibres woven together to make for a more durable playing surface, the downside means when studs go in they don't rip up a grass divet with the foot being released from the surface swinging through.. now the stud can get locked & stored kinetic energy takes over causing over rotation to the lower limbs especially knees & ankles along with lower back issue....but no its all Rodgers / medical teams fault

I don't know the science behind the boots but it looks like you know this stuff. Do you think the boots and certain pitch conditions cause the tsunami of serious injuries players experience the past 3-4 years? Because the long term injuries have definitely increased significantly compared to past times. 

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I just ready both are contracted till 2026 mind. So unless we can shift Ricky, it's probably just a first choice left back and then we have talented cover in Justin and Pereira

We don't just need talented cover, we need first team players in these positions. The board should also review Justin's and Ricardo's contracts. I know they need support and rightfully so but we can't wait forever for them to recover. They have serious issues with their legs. 

Just now, Fear Of The Fox said:

We don't just need talented cover, we need first team players in these positions. The board should also review Justin's and Ricardo's contracts. I know they need support and rightfully so but we can't wait forever for them to recover. They have serious issues with their legs. 

Well Castagne is more than good enough for first choice RB. So it's a case of bringing in a first choice LB and then you've got Justin and Ricky who can be cover and then depending on how their fitness is, you make a decision at the end of the 23/24 season.

That's where my head would be at anyway

Guest StevieLynex

Is right back the most cursed position in our history? Serious injuries x2 to Ricardo and Justin. Tommy Williams sustained a broken leg. Killer Feeley ended up in prison

Poor JJ, I rate him so highly and his 1v1 defending is sublime.. really wanted to get back to pre ACL levels.

Unfortunately  this probs means no Right winger/forward again this January as we will be going for a left back.

Edited by les-tah

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Well Castagne is more than good enough for first choice RB. So it's a case of bringing in a first choice LB and then you've got Justin and Ricky who can be cover and then depending on how their fitness is, you make a decision at the end of the 23/24 season.

That's where my head would be at anyway

In my new Football Manager 23 career the medical team keeps bombarding me with messages to decrease Castagne's training workload as he's in high risk because of his legs. Fingers crossed the frigging videogame isn't that accurate. 😀

• Haha 2