Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Scott Brown has gone to Aberdeen (well, signed a contract in agreement) as player/coach.

He's totally going there to play the Wayne Rooney role.

Arrive at club as marquee signing, finish your coaching badges, do a bit of player-coaching (to decreasing effect as a player) and then lay in wait for the manager to get sacked.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Eddie Howe emerging as favourite for Celtic job..

I sincerely hope we nick him from them in a couple of years time. Not even to replace Brendan, who’ll be here still. Stick Howe in the catering department for all I care, just to take to piss out of Celtic. 

8 hours ago, Super_horns said:

The biggest issue will be the pressure and expectations.

Nothing more than winning the league and getting onto the Champions league group stages will do .

He might not get a lot of time to

settle in.

Their expectations around getting into the CL aren't what they once where. 

It's saw as a bonus now, rather than the necessity that it once was. Although, that might change now that the SPFL have another CL spot.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2021 at 20:05, Vacamion said:

The game goes ahead this weekend.

Police on high alert.

You can bet that the dreadful statistic of domestic abuse following these games will not fall away, either.

I love Glasgow, I've chosen to spend my life here, but I really, really hate this fixture and all that flows from it.

FTOF.

Fortunately for you lot who enjoy this match, you've got it coming up in the Scottish Cup in two weeks (if Rangers manage the unlikely task of beating Cove Rangers).

7 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

You got a link?

A bit of "colourful" language at the end so I don't actually know if I'm allowed to post this. 

Administration, feel free to delete if appropriate. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear

• 2 weeks later...

Mourinho would be more welcome than Joao Obscurio or Jürgen Von Tactics, or even Jock McFormerplayer or Paddy O’Demographic, but IF they could afford him and IF he was prepared to come to what is, however much I like it here, a backwater, he would last about 3 minutes.

I mean, if utter boring blocks of wood like Paul Le Guen and Ronny Della can fill the back pages up here, the prevailing, err “sensitivities” mean that appointing JM would be like chucking petrol on the fire.

Neil Lennon had hate mail and nail bombs sent to him.  I can imagine Mourinho winding the lunatics up, too.

To Mourinho, moving to Celtic would be an admission he's finished. I just don't see him doing it under any circumstances.

He'll wait until a club in one of the four major leagues becomes desperate and evokes the (probably defunct) 'but Mourinho wins trophies' clause. He'll be excused his trophyless stint at Spurs because they are Spurs, and, let's face it, he got them to a final, just wasn't allowed the chance to keep up his trophy winning record this weekend.

55 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Mourinho would be more welcome than Joao Obscurio or Jürgen Von Tactics, or even Jock McFormerplayer or Paddy O’Demographic, but IF they could afford him and IF he was prepared to come to what is, however much I like it here, a backwater, he would last about 3 minutes.

I mean, if utter boring blocks of wood like Paul Le Guen and Ronny Della can fill the back pages up here, the prevailing, err “sensitivities” mean that appointing JM would be like chucking petrol on the fire.

Neil Lennon had hate mail and nail bombs sent to him.  I can imagine Mourinho winding the lunatics up, too.

There's surely not enough to get him riled up, too? I know he'd love the battles with Gerrard but he loves the confrontation with Klopp, Guardiola, Solskjaer, Arteta, Ancelotti, Rodgers. I can't see Micky Mellon, Graham Alexander and Jack Ross having the same pull.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

14/15 Scottish cup. 20/21 Scottish league cup. 

I think he meant when was the last time neither made both the FA and League Cup final in the same season, could be wrong!

Edited by Langston
Rewording
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Langston said:

I think he meant when was the last time neither made both the FA and League Cup final in the same season, could be wrong!

I took it as, when was the last time that atleast one of them didn't feature in one of the finals. 14/15 was Calley Thistle and someone (can't remember who) and league cup this year was St.Johnstone and Livvy.

• Like 1