Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

14 hours ago, Super_horns said:

When was the last time Celtic or Rangers weren’t in either domestic cup final ?

2 hours ago, Langston said:

Yeah I think he meant in the same season, mate!

2013-14 according to wiki

• Like 3

A little bit about the Scottish team I follow.

Partick Thistle FC were relegated to the 3rd tier last season when the season was stopped at lockdown #1 with differing numbers of games played.

Many (me included) thought this was grossly unfair. 

The teams had played different numbers of games against different opposition. 

They should have either written off the season and started again, or continued the season after lockdown, but they decided it, based on how the league sat when the music stopped.

Legal action followed.  Thistle and Hearts (in a similar position in the league above) were punished by the football authorities for raising the legal action, which failed.

Anyway, after it fell through, PTFC have spent a season playing in the 3rd tier, often referred to by Scottish football fans as "the seaside league", having been in the top tier only a few years previously.

Having started poorly this season and it has been a stop /start season without fans, Partick Thistle are currently top of the league.

If they win tonight at home to Falkirk, they will be promoted as Champions to the Scottish Championship.

Currently 3-0 up.

Gwon the Jags.

:yahoo:

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vacamion said:

A little bit about the Scottish team I follow.

Partick Thistle FC were relegated to the 3rd tier last season when the season was stopped at lockdown #1 with differing numbers of games played.

Many (me included) thought this was grossly unfair. 

The teams had played different numbers of games against different opposition. 

They should have either written off the season and started again, or continued the season after lockdown, but they decided it, based on how the league sat when the music stopped.

Legal action followed.  Thistle and Hearts (in a similar position in the league above) were punished by the football authorities for raising the legal action, which failed.

Anyway, after it fell through, PTFC have spent a season playing in the 3rd tier, often referred to by Scottish football fans as "the seaside league", having been in the top tier only a few years previously.

Having started poorly this season and it has been a stop /start season without fans, Partick Thistle are currently top of the league.

If they win tonight at home to Falkirk, they will be promoted as Champions to the Scottish Championship.

Currently 3-0 up.

Gwon the Jags.

:yahoo:

Final score 5-0

:beer:

5 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Jermain Defoe is 38 years old.

Bravo.

He played for TFC yearssss ago...still kicking about up north huh...the state of scottish football. 

In all seriousness,  good for him being able to play still

8 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

He played for TFC yearssss ago...still kicking about up north huh...the state of scottish football. 

In all seriousness,  good for him being able to play still

Davie Weir was arguably the best CB in Scotland aged 40. Admittedly that was a freak occurence but it was damn impressive. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rangers getting over 100 points and going entire league season unbeaten, amazing. You still have to stay motivated even though you know your so much better than most other teams. Stevie G has done a grand job.

53 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Rangers getting over 100 points and going entire league season unbeaten, amazing. You still have to stay motivated even though you know your so much better than most other teams. Stevie G has done a grand job.

I agree he has but just look at he opposition. Playing Hibs today who are in 3rd spot and 40 points behind!!

Guest SO1
23 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Doesn't surprise me at all sadly

Could be Lawwell was just unfortunate and might not be as I suspected. Seems it might be a sign of the times as there have been other instances of petrol bombing autos in the same wealthy area. Guardian might have pulled a knee jerk reaction on the top of their football page. Either way its a recipe for disaster given the photos.

20 hours ago, SO1 said:

Not exclusive to Celtic to be fair. Same sort of nutters from the other side of the city that were sending Lennon bullets and explosives. 

People always say that every fan base has an arsehole minority but the old firms minority are much bigger and far more bonkers. 

• Like 1

Leg 1 of two this evening. 

Dundee (trying to get promoted to the top tier) versus Kilmarnock (trying not to get relegated to the 2nd tier).

Just like the play-offs used to be at the start in England.

Purely from a selfish point of view, I want Dundee to win, as I fancy visiting Kilmarnock again next season, because they have the best pies in Scotland.

• Haha 2