Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Fixture Date & Ticket Prices For Brentford FA Cup Clash

1 minute ago, norfolkfox222 said:

This will make tomorrow now i reckon. Be carnage for the last 100 seats

Big bracket tomorrow. 370-390 should cover a fair few people. As you say, scramble for the remainders (if they don't go today).

Seems strange that the club put in a 390+ bracket if there aren't that many in it? Phone sales only just started though and ticket office sales still to start. Lunch should be a good indicator if any are left tomorrow.

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Big bracket tomorrow. 370-390 should cover a fair few people. As you say, scramble for the remainders (if they don't go today).

Seems strange that the club put in a 390+ bracket if there aren't that many in it? Phone sales only just started though and ticket office sales still to start. Lunch should be a good indicator if any are left tomorrow.

Spot on KrefelderFox, lunch today will indicate what is left for Weds, I've noticed a trend to your posts which is usually common sense and logic re ticket sales/availability...the biggest number of REGULAR ticket sales is always going to be priority scheme/P1...anyone looking at the brackets who regularly buys tickets would have seen that today would be a relatively slower day, there aren't going to be so many people between 390-400, meaning this was always likely to go to P3...mad scramble tomorrow but I suspect the club have set the brackets so it went to P3 and gave a wide points range for the "final day" of availability

All the criticism of the ticket office seems unfair to me, albeit I cant see why the club wouldn't publish a "list" showing loyalty points numbers, the club have to block out tickets for phone line sales and office sales, and when they aren't taken they release them back...hence the numbers sometimes go up during a day of sales when projected demand becomes actual sales...

Box holders/corporate clients had until Monday to submit a booking form requesting the number of tickets they required. Therefore that is why I believe more tickets have been added as they over predicted demand.

These people put more money in for 1 game than I do for the whole season (home and away), so I can't say I blame the club.

Then the top 3 priority brackets also get tickets which seems pretty fair to me?

Usually a week or 2 weeks before any away game a few spare tickets pop up online, this is also the tickets returned by the players etc as they have a longer period of time to organise/return.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gd4foxes said:

Box holders/corporate clients had until Monday to submit a booking form requesting the number of tickets they required. Therefore that is why I believe more tickets have been added as they over predicted demand.

These people put more money in for 1 game than I do for the whole season (home and away), so I can't say I blame the club.

Then the top 3 priority brackets also get tickets which seems pretty fair to me?

Usually a week or 2 weeks before any away game a few spare tickets pop up online, this is also the tickets returned by the players etc as they have a longer period of time to organise/return.

And yet those who they choose to dish their tickets out to may go to far fewer aways than many who, while not monied, spend a large proportion of their income on following City as much as they can afford and yet will miss out on this one.

I accept it's the way it is or whatever, but a bit of transparency from the club would go a long way on this issue.

32 minutes ago, Leicester69 said:

Spot on KrefelderFox, lunch today will indicate what is left for Weds, I've noticed a trend to your posts which is usually common sense and logic re ticket sales/availability...the biggest number of REGULAR ticket sales is always going to be priority scheme/P1...anyone looking at the brackets who regularly buys tickets would have seen that today would be a relatively slower day, there aren't going to be so many people between 390-400, meaning this was always likely to go to P3...mad scramble tomorrow but I suspect the club have set the brackets so it went to P3 and gave a wide points range for the "final day" of availability

All the criticism of the ticket office seems unfair to me, albeit I cant see why the club wouldn't publish a "list" showing loyalty points numbers, the club have to block out tickets for phone line sales and office sales, and when they aren't taken they release them back...hence the numbers sometimes go up during a day of sales when projected demand becomes actual sales...

Yes, just using trends of past games and how things have sold. As you say, every game, whether it's Newcastle on a Wednesday or Brentford away will sell a lot early doors (away scheme, P1's who are regulars).

I agree, the ticket office do a decent job and as you state, and many others state, it's the transparency that is missing. However, not many clubs (bar maybe the big clubs who regularly deal with a high demand do this). As I mentioned elsewhere, just giving a rough number of people in each sale bracket would give fans a much better idea when looking to plan an away day (e.g. tell us how many are on the away priority scheme, how many tickets are allocated to boxholders/players, how many remain and how many people sit in each bracket).

27 minutes ago, gd4foxes said:

I don't think anyone has objected to the principle of this. However, 500 is nearly a third of the allocation - if the club be transparent enough to say, 1100 will be available to be public sale and then the argument is stopped dead. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I agree, the ticket office do a decent job and as you state, and many others state, it's the transparency that is missing. However, not many clubs (bar maybe the big clubs who regularly deal with a high demand do this). As I mentioned elsewhere, just giving a rough number of people in each sale bracket would give fans a much better idea when looking to plan an away day (e.g. tell us how many are on the away priority scheme, how many tickets are allocated to boxholders/players, how many remain and how many people sit in each bracket).

Not aimed at you Krefelder but the following points I'd make:-

• Ticket office won't allow refunds, ban re-sales but we don't have a ticket exchange. 
  • Insistence on every detail for any purchasers in person but anyone on the internet can pick up a ticket with a postcode and reference number
  • Villa League Cup, a selling process which meant we had twenty minutes where you couldn't purchase a ticket on line. 
  • An omerta on tickets going to corporate boxes and staff
  • £1 charge on every ticket this season
  • Reluctance to reveal priority bracket numbers 
  • Disadvantage to in person sales with 10am opening compared to 8am online 
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, gd4foxes said:

Don’t think anyone is disputing the fact that box holders get tickets for aways. As stated people just want to know where tickets are going. 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

• Ticket office won't allow refunds, ban re-sales but we don't have a ticket exchange. 
  • Insistence on every detail for any purchasers in person but anyone on the internet can pick up a ticket with a postcode and reference number
  • Villa League Cup, a selling process which meant we had twenty minutes where you couldn't purchase a ticket on line. 

The £1 charge is only online. Agree with everything else. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Yes, just using trends of past games and how things have sold. As you say, every game, whether it's Newcastle on a Wednesday or Brentford away will sell a lot early doors (away scheme, P1's who are regulars).

Exactly...I used to travel regularly with England, and in fairness to the FA, who ae usually rubbish at most things, they did publish a list of points/caps so everyone always knew where they stood in the pecking order...it allowed people to plan/book travel and time off with certainty once allocations were published, wouldn't take much for City to do the same!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don't think that is the case, they hold tickets back for telephone and office sales...my mate bought villa away semi final tickets in the ticket office last weds (4 in total, a 2 together and 2 singles) when they were sold out online last week at just gone 10am when the office opened, there were 5-6 in the queue...the lad in the ticket office told him that they had held some back for walk in sales at 10am...at 10.30 when the "walk in" sales were fulfilled they released about 10-12 back on sale online

1 minute ago, Leicester69 said:

I don't think that is the case, they hold tickets back for telephone and office sales...my mate bought villa away semi final tickets in the ticket office last weds (4 in total, a 2 together and 2 singles) when they were sold out online last week at just gone 10am when the office opened, there were 5-6 in the queue...the lad in the ticket office told him that they had held some back for walk in sales at 10am...at 10.30 when the "walk in" sales were fulfilled they released about 10-12 back on sale online

Which is in itself is a peculiar way of selling tickets - as the demand may be more walk up or online dependent on a number of factors. 

27 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Agree with prety much all of those, there are always ways to improve. I think what I should have said is that in comparison to how other clubs run ticket sales, we are actually doing OK.

Not been there in over ten years, but my memory of Brentford's ground is of tiny plastic seats with less legroom than the most budget of budget airlines, and an away end that is open to the elements while the home stands are all covered.  Hopefully its improved since then - if not then I can't say I'll be too sorry to miss this one in the height of winter :)