Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Giggsy77

Close the transfer thread

Realistically we won’t sign anyone, to many claiming it’s hard to sign anyone in this window, yet other clubs find it easier. We never seem to strengthen when it matters, links with players are tedious and Rodgers himself said nothing imminent. I can’t help but think this will be another missed opportunity, we need to find another Mahrez, a winger that gets us off our seats. 

Dilly ding silly dong come on man, we want champions league man 👍👍

You saying the Cavani links didn't get you excited? Come on man, let your imagination run a little it's fun. This Traore is a left footed right winger, reeeet Mahrezzy. 

Alternatively....you could just not read the transfers news section if you're really not interested 👍👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Giggsy77 said:

Realistically we won’t sign anyone, to many claiming it’s hard to sign anyone in this window, yet other clubs find it easier. We never seem to strengthen when it matters, links with players are tedious and Rodgers himself said nothing imminent. I can’t help but think this will be another missed opportunity, we need to find another Mahrez, a winger that gets us off our seats. 

Yeah, Congerton! Just go and find another winger who has the talent to win PFA player of the year and contribute to 30+ goals and assists per season for 400k! Easy

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Giggsy77 said:

Actually i disagree about this, apart from the few loan signings which were needed due to injuries... this transfer window has been slow for ALL clubs. 

Edit to add after a quick check i don't see any +£10m signings at all.

Edited by Suzie the Fox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He means a made up tweet by Sean .... it also had me thinking ‘eh’ ?? 

if I tweet that we’re in for messi, will it make things exciting in here ??

Yes.  Because that would be exciting, Messi is really good

You realise that almost all our transfers start with a rumour right? 

9 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

We have a team capable of finishing top 4 already.

We will only bring in someone if we get a serious injury to one of our key players.

We're one injury away from playing Wes Morgan or Benkovic for a number of games. First team is ok but the squad could do with a bit more strength in depth I feel.

9 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

We will only bring in someone if we get a serious injury to one of our key players.

Agreed.

Think we'll stumble over the line tonget top 4, maybe by 2pts or something due to some someone not winning because they are slightly worse than we are.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Agreed.

Think we'll stumble over the line tonget top 4, maybe by 2pts or something due to some someone not winning because they are slightly worse than we are.

Our last two games at spurs and home to yanited ...... don’t want this dragging on .... remember the last game of 2018 at Wembley and spurs needed to beat us to make top 4.  They sh1thoused it but would hate for us to be in that position home to yanited given our record against them .......

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We're one injury away from playing Wes Morgan or Benkovic for a number of games. First team is ok but the squad could do with a bit more strength in depth I feel.

There's a difference between depth, and strength in depth.

You can only bring in strength in depth if the right player is available. It's no good chucking money about if you're not totally convinced, you might as well wait until the summer and get exactly who you want.

The lack of genuine links probably confirms this. I think we were in for a Juve cb (either of them) when that door shut we werent going to just sign someone because we were desperate. Honestly, if the right move isnt available lets not force it. In the summer if we do achieve the CL we dont want to have another body to get off the wage list. Its a gamble but as long as we keep the squad in tact we should be fine. Between Wes and Benkovic im happy we are covered and lets face it, the magic winger we all want was unlikely to arrive in January. 

16 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

And how do we do that if it's after the deadline?:blink:

Edited by TRAD-DAD

4 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

The lack of genuine links probably confirms this. I think we were in for a Juve cb (either of them) when that door shut we werent going to just sign someone because we were desperate. Honestly, if the right move isnt available lets not force it. In the summer if we do achieve the CL we dont want to have another body to get off the wage list. Its a gamble but as long as we keep the squad in tact we should be fine. Between Wes and Benkovic im happy we are covered and lets face it, the magic winger we all want was unlikely to arrive in January. 

I agree that it's probably unlikely that anyone will come in but it HAS been said that although nothing is imminent, there ARE things going on behind the scenes so I've not completely given up hope.