Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Just now, Innovindil said:

Weren't you one of the original bunch saying the government isn't doing enough? 

Seriously, just wtf would make you happy at this point cuz I don't get it. 

I’m not one who has criticised.... tried to make sense of it - yes

just making the point that the scheme means my staff won’t be working which I think is the idea of the policy ......

On 20/03/2020 at 15:30, blabyboy said:

how can they confirm if they won't test?

I think it was just because he had all of the symptoms.

I’ve now got what feels like a sore throat coming on, slightly tight chest and a tickly cough every now and then. To sum it up, in normal time’s I’d feel well enough to go to work.

10 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

The idea of the policy is to support the businesses where people CAN'T work, not won't. :unsure:

That’s not quite true - we have no work so will tell the staff not to come in 1st April onwards -  we’ve paid them for March. The policy is to stop me from making them all redundant cos I likely have no income for around 8 weeks min. Without this scheme, I am reliant on a govt/bank loan to tide my cash flow over and who knows what’s likely to happen with that  ...... I don’t have the cash to make them redundant anyway but I envisage that the bank would be happy to lend me money to do that!  I had to tell them all thurs/fri that I had no idea what they will get paid in April - now they will have some security. . 

I suspect I’m fairly typical of SME’s out there with bucketloads of stock due to cancellations .....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That’s not quite true - we have no work so will tell the staff not to come in 1st April onwards -  we’ve paid them for March. The policy is to stop me from making them all redundant cos I likely have no income for around 8 weeks min. Without this scheme, I am reliant on a govt/bank loan to tide my cash flow over and who knows what’s likely to happen with that  ...... I don’t have the cash to make them redundant anyway but I envisage that the bank would be happy to lend me money to do that!  I had to tell them all thurs/fri that I had no idea what they will get paid in April - now they will have some security. . 

I suspect I’m fairly typical of SME’s out there with bucketloads of stock due to cancellations .....

If you have no work, then they can't work. :unsure:

2 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-51972372

I genuinely hope there is some vengeful person out there, writing a list of all these companies that are treating people like absolute shit in a time of need for when this blows over. I'll check it every single time I'm looking to spend money.

That’s a poor excuse - how many of us think it was  an admin errror. 

20 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-51972372

I genuinely hope there is some vengeful person out there, writing a list of all these companies that are treating people like absolute shit in a time of need for when this blows over. I'll check it every single time I'm looking to spend money.

Then you’ve got Richard Branson on his private island immediately laying off staff and begging for a bail out, after he’s sued the NHS. But his services are far too far reaching and encompassing for people to just leave. 

Tim Martin of Wetherspoons is undermining the government because he wants to keep his ‘pubs’ open saying there’s no danger in congregating in boozers...

Some of the smaller cvntish employers may get their just dues but all the bigwigs doing the most damage and offering no assistance out of their own deep pockets will get away with it scot free.

You’d hope with all that’s gone on this would encourage the public to reward good firms that value their staff, look to shop locally where they can, and revitalise on British manufacturing where possible. But I can almost guarantee within a few months people will forget all that, it requires community effort and a level of societal solidarity and this whole panic-buying and refusing to stop going pub shows we have precious little of that. It’ll all be the same not long after we’ll just all be a little poorer.

Edited by Finnaldo

Wow. - Italy adds almost  800 deaths in one day .............

some of you were  questioning the severity of this thing earlier 

800 deaths from CV ...... must be a fair number dying unnecessarily  from other conditions because ICU is overloaded ....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, PaddyS said:

It's round about now that they start realising that all the fruit, veg and milk that they've stockpiled is starting to go off.

Feckin greedy ignorant tw@ts . My son and daughter in law ( paramedic and GP) working mental hours then driving around looking for somewhere to get food for them and their kids . Saw a picture of some stupid bitch posing beside 2 pallet loads of rice , pasta and tinned tomatoes she’s piled up 

8 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Going to try the NHS hour at tesco sunday morning, the Sainsburys near us is constantly stripped bare.

A tip for you and anyone else struggling, we have been mindful to try a buy as little as possible since Weds as the morons are out in force now, but the good thing about morons is they are exactly that, morons, and will always go to the biggest shop they can in the belief  they will be the best stocked not realising everyone else will have the same idea.

Like I say we’ve not been to many as trying to keep pressure off the shops in general now but I’ve found local stores like former all days shops that are now small co-ops, Spar shops, as well as local butchers and bakers, are fairing much better. You Might need to take the shopping experience back to the 70’s but you’ll get most of what you need.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dario_Rodriguez_ said:

A tip for you and anyone else struggling, we have been mindful to try a buy as little as possible since Weds as the morons are out in force now, but the good thing about morons is they are exactly that, morons, and will always go to the biggest shop they can in the belief  they will be the best stocked not realising everyone else will have the same idea.

Like I say we’ve not been to many as trying to keep pressure off the shops in general now but I’ve found local stores like former all days shops that are now small co-ops, Spar shops, as well as local butchers and bakers, are fairing much better. You Might need to take the shopping experience back to the 70’s but you’ll get most of what you need.

Shhhh ........

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wow. - Italy adds almost  800 deaths in one day .............

some of you were  questioning the severity of this thing earlier 

800 deaths from CV ...... must be a fair number dying unnecessarily  from other conditions because ICU is overloaded ....

And we're supposedly following their trajectory. Has our recent deaths been announced yet? Or have I missed it? 

14 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Then you’ve got Richard Branson on his private island immediately laying off staff and begging for a bail out, after he’s sued the NHS. But his services are far too far reaching and encompassing for people to just leave. 

Tim Martin of Wetherspoons is undermining the government because he wants to keep his ‘pubs’ open saying there’s no danger in congregating in boozers...

Some of the smaller cvntish employers may get their just dues but all the bigwigs doing the most damage and offering no assistance out of their own deep pockets will get away with it scot free.

You’d hope with all that’s gone on this would encourage the public to reward good firms that value their staff, look to shop locally where they can, and revitalise on British manufacturing where possible. But I can almost guarantee within a few months people will forget all that, it requires community effort and a level of societal solidarity and this whole panic-buying and refusing to stop going pub shows we have precious little of that. It’ll all be the same not long after we’ll just all be a little poorer.

There will be a lot of things happening now that won’t be forgotten ...  

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

And we're supposedly following their trajectory. Has our recent deaths been announced yet? Or have I missed it? 

Not for whole U.K. yet - a couple in Wales 

Jumped from 180 to 233

italy on the same day went from 197 to 233

Edited by st albans fox
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

Still think we will learn from what’s happening there and things will not be as bad ...   :fc:

Went past the local farm shop earlier, I've never seen it so busy. The only thing I haven't been able to get is a joint of meat for my mother's day Sunday roast tomorrow, hardly the end of the world. I might try again tomorrow though 🙄 

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

There will be a lot of things happening now that won’t be forgotten ...  

Branson and his catchpenny operations have made fortunes out of bidding for NHS contracts then suing when they don’t get them and receive an out of court settlement 

• Like 1

Still think we will learn from what’s happening there and things will not be as bad ...   :fc:

How ?  Their deaths today would be people infected up to two weeks ago and earlier ...... how do we avoid the same trajectory?  There isn’t a treatment apart from ventilation and we know how short we are on those ....

We’re already behind in measures and we have too many defiant arseholes. London could well be a bloodbath in a couple weeks.

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

The thing in Italy Spain and France could be genetics, pure conjecture I will admit, but if you look at the amount of people in a serious condition here it’s about 20 and the Germans have over 20,000 cases with five deaths. It may be there’s something in the Souther European DNA strains that make them more vulnerable to the auto immune reaction which is what does the damage. 

Either way there has to be some reason for the massive difference in numbers being reported by different countries.