Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Apparently, the virus can live for up to 72 hours on plastic and metal surfaces. Therefore, the wearing of rubber gloves when going out seems common sense. Another disturbing fact is that the virus can be carried for up to 2 weeks without the person knowing, and during that time they may still be infectious. If only everyone would grasp these dangers! Btw, apologies for not spelling 'perspective' correctly, and referring to the Japanese in a non-pc manner.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, brucey said:

Bit too late to avoid “becoming like Italy”... we’re trying to avoid “becoming worse than Italy”

Well we welcome the Italian virus with open arms as you say to late.

4 minutes ago, brucey said:

Bit too late to avoid “becoming like Italy”... we’re trying to avoid “becoming worse than Italy”

Yesterday he was asked this very question re Mother’s Day and he sat on the fence - he said he would try and find the time to see his mother .......

Just now, st albans fox said:

Yesterday he was asked this very question re Mother’s Day and he sat on the fence - he said he would try and find the time to see his mother .......

Why's he left it so late again to announce it lol

Like Friday's announcement about the bars pubs restaurants etc 

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Well we welcome the Italian virus with open arms as you say to late.

What? We’re about a week too late in our measures to avoid becoming like them (their complete shutdown was equivalent to next Monday on our equivalent curve) but it’s not too late (yet) to avoid becoming worse than them, unless we delay the shutdown past Monday, so we should absolutely be doing every damn thing we can. Shut the whole bloody place down.

• Like 4

800 Dead in 24 Hours in Italy. 

Yet my Facebook and Instagram was full of Photos of TWATS out last night. People need to take this seriously. 

Stay ****ing indoors. 

Oh as for shopping. Why Supermarkets don't shut for a day to restock everything... because stuff is coming in. Then limit people going in to say 50 at a time I dont know. Give them time limits too... would be easier to manage in terms of panic buying and greedy ****ers.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

800 Dead in 24 Hours in Italy. 

Yet my Facebook and Instagram was full of Photos of TWATS out last night. People need to take this seriously. 

Stay ****ing indoors. 

Oh as for shopping. Why Supermarkets don't shut for a day to restock everything... because stuff is coming in. Then limit people going in to say 50 at a time I dont know. Give them time limits too... would be easier to manage in terms of panic buying and greedy ****ers.

one assumes that at some point this week people will realise that they can’t fit much more in their cupboards/fridge/freezer

if that doesn’t happen then we need to have specific time slots/days/stores for surnames. You I’ll need a passport or driving license to prove you aren’t cheating - what is the alternative ???  Clearly the idiots out there cannot be trusted ...........

• Like 1

Not sure what it's like over with you guys but here in Wales it's definately started calming by down. I went to asda today after work at 2.30 and minus the meat aisle there was plenty there

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, brucey said:

He needs to stand in front of a camera with a very precise script and address people in no uncertain terms. Just like Varadkar and Macron have done, and Rutte did but with a slightly different message. Or maybe the Queen should do it. The comms is an absolute shambles. Having seen Alastair Campbell's blog today, oh how we need someone like that back. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I believe he said he would like to see his mum but clarified this later by saying he would Skype her. 

So this Mothers Day thing...

I'm due to drive up to Leics tomorrow to see my Mum. My sister lives in Birmingham and she's also planning on driving over.

We've agreed to meet at Mum's but not go in the house. They've got a massive garden so we figured we'd all sit outside (2m apart) and have a chat and some food for an hour or so and then leave.

Is this now unacceptable? Are we sticking to the 'social distancing' rules?

Or do we all just forget it and stay at our own homes?

I get avoiding mass gatherings and I understand shutting stuff down, but when you've got hundreds gathered together in supermarkets every hour then it defeats the object really.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

He needs to stand in front of a camera with a very precise script and address people in no uncertain terms. Just like Varadkar and Macron have done, and Rutte did but with a slightly different message. Or maybe the Queen should do it. The comms is an absolute shambles. Having seen Alastair Campbell's blog today, oh how we need someone like that back. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

So, Sean Riggott, Portsmouth defender, was sat in a pub on Friday night. He finds out he has coronavirus while at the pub. With several other people. Several friends no doubt. 

Earlier that same day pubs were asked to shut and several days before people were told to socially distance themselves. 

I despair. People just won't get the idea to stop fvcking going out for fun until this place gets locked down with only keeping supermarkets/hospitals open. You just cannot trust people. God knows how many people he's passed it on to. 

Gotta remind people (well, shouldn't have to) - at this stage people need to act like they have the virus, not act like they don't have it and take their chances in avoiding it. 

It really angers me people can't see the fvcking diseased elephant in the room and not use some fvcking common sense. For the good of society and the world and not themselves for once. 

Sean is a really good lad, I went to school with him. But I’ve shared similar sentiments today. Silly fvckers taking in their last beer before lock down... just says so much about our country. Stupid beyond belief.

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

So this Mothers Day thing...

I'm due to drive up to Leics tomorrow to see my Mum. My sister lives in Birmingham and she's also planning on driving over.

We've agreed to meet at Mum's but not go in the house. They've got a massive garden so we figured we'd all sit outside (2m apart) and have a chat and some food for an hour or so and then leave.

Is this now unacceptable? Are we sticking to the 'social distancing' rules?

Or do we all just forget it and stay at our own homes?

I get avoiding mass gatherings and I understand shutting stuff down, but when you've got hundreds gathered together in supermarkets every hour then it defeats the object really.

I think we're supposed to stay at home apart from essential stuff, and avoid unnecessary travelling aren't we? 

• Like 1