Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

A hospital worker has spoken out in exasperation to plead with visitors to stop stealing the protective masks and gloves upon which NHS staff are reliant during the coronavirus crisis.

Staff at Leicester Royal Infirmary (LRI) noticed the first instances of theft in the past few days, the worker said.

A number of both items, which offer essential protection in the battle to contain the spread of Covid19, had been left at convenient spots throughout the hospital, including areas to which members of the public have access.

However, the masks and gloves have been taken by members of the public without permission. As a result, the items have now been moved to areas where the public cannot go or where staff believe they will be able to deter thieves.

The staff member, who has asked to remain anonymous, said: "We know people are taking masks and gloves without asking.

"Some people are taking them in handfuls and it has to stop.

"We leave these things in accessible places but we've had to move them away from the public because so many have been going missing.

"I've also heard gossip of hand sanitiser going missing, but I've never actually seen that happen myself.

"I only know what I've seen, and since the Covid-19 crisis got worse people seem to think thefts like these are of little consequence.

"But these are important resources which will need to be replaced. Every theft has a consequence for the NHS.

Ignorant selfish ****

• Sad 1

Imo, mankind has accidently started WW3, and it's humans v. dodgy strands of RNA. The wisdom of hindsight debate should not overlook the fact that the UK had the opportunity to take draconian steps before the virus established itself here. But those who suggested such steps weren't listened to. Even I, a complete idiot, could see the risks of the government's softly-softly approach. It's ironic that in the current nail-biting situation, that's definitely one of the many things we should not be doing!

• Like 1

Just now, String fellow said:

Imo, mankind has accidently started WW3, and it's humans v. dodgy strands of RNA. The wisdom of hindsight debate should not overlook the fact that the UK had the opportunity to take draconian steps before the virus established itself here. But those who suggested such steps weren't listened to. Even I, a complete idiot, could see the risks of the government's softly-softly approach. It's ironic that in the current nail-biting situation, that's definitely one of the many things we should not be doing!

Aye and those people stripping the supermarkets are committing treasonable acts.

22 minutes ago, davieG said:

But you didn't even need to be scientist to know that or to stop people coming in from affected countries without at least testing them. But we all know why they didn't because they wanted people to get in the name of herding.

Sadly it would seem the horse has bolted.

I was thinking more about the social distancing measures we've gradually introduced. Rural pubs will open tonight, and people will still congregate in houses. 

6 minutes ago, davieG said:

A hospital worker has spoken out in exasperation to plead with visitors to stop stealing the protective masks and gloves upon which NHS staff are reliant during the coronavirus crisis.

Staff at Leicester Royal Infirmary (LRI) noticed the first instances of theft in the past few days, the worker said.

A number of both items, which offer essential protection in the battle to contain the spread of Covid19, had been left at convenient spots throughout the hospital, including areas to which members of the public have access.

However, the masks and gloves have been taken by members of the public without permission. As a result, the items have now been moved to areas where the public cannot go or where staff believe they will be able to deter thieves.

The staff member, who has asked to remain anonymous, said: "We know people are taking masks and gloves without asking.

"We leave these things in accessible places but we've had to move them away from the public because so many have been going missing.

"I've also heard gossip of hand sanitiser going missing, but I've never actually seen that happen myself.

"I only know what I've seen, and since the Covid-19 crisis got worse people seem to think thefts like these are of little consequence.

"But these are important resources which will need to be replaced. Every theft has a consequence for the NHS.

Ignorant selfish ****

Hand sanitizer was stolen from Northampton General.  When panic buying first started they had a number of incidents where the public took bottles from the end of beds, a couple of wall mounted dispensers were ripped from the wall and people even took their own bottles in and filled them up from the wall dispensers!  Some people are an embarrassment to themselves.

15 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

People shouldn't congregate in houses or anywhere.

Apparently a pub in Hoton is having lock ins? There is literally no point imposing rules and regulations because there are sections of society who don’t give a shit. Getting masses to follow directions in this day and age is like pissing into Saturn 5’s rockets.... 

And as for the current panic buying, the misses rents family business works within the food industry. At the moment there is NOOOOOOOOOOOO shortage of food, but there will be if bellends, carry’s on pillaging the shelves.

There is a chance that in the London area, there may be a rigorous lockdown introduced ........... people are looking at their cupboards and seeing that they don’t have two weeks of supplies ......there hasnt been an effective explanation of how you would access groceries in the event of a lockdown and your household having to isolate for up to 14 days 

im relaxed because my daughter can go out next Wednesday

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Apparently a pub in Hoton is having lock ins? There is literally no point imposing rules and regulations because there are sections of society who don’t give a shit. Getting masses to follow directions in this day and age is like pissing into Saturn 5’s rockets.... 

And as for the current panic buying, the misses rents family business works within the food industry. At the moment there is NOOOOOOOOOOOO shortage of food, but there will be if bellends, carry’s on pillaging the shelves.

They risk losing their license but maybe they judge that closing the doors will be the end for the pub anyway ......

7 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

What the fvck is wrong with people.

London especially should be locked down.

UK government should have got stricter sooner, yet despite with certain measures you’re getting scenes like that, idiots like that are putting their lives and others at risk just for a nine packet of toilet roll :facepalm:

47 minutes ago, davieG said:

Ignorant selfish ****

We had a load of our masks stolen too, that was in a secure area as well so must have been a member of hospital staff.

Edited by z-layrex

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

They will lose their licence

Stealing from hospitals

Panic bulk buying

"One last drink" in a packed pub

Whatever happened to looking out for each other & good old fashioned conmon sense?

Once upon a time, in times of crisis, we were a caring, sharing society which , to an extent still exists but on a far smaller scale.

Self Self Self

I bleme the prime minister of 30-40 years ago. Thats when the rot started.

Stay safe all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I wonder how long this supermarket madness can go on for. Freezers and cupboards only have a finite amount of space in them after all.

Was reading that even in the shitshow that is Italy the panic buying stopped when the supermarkets managed to speed up getting stuff onto the shelves and people realised there was no point

Won't go on for too long hopefully

- All parts of the production and supply line are down as critical workers

- The idiots who are panicking and buying far more of everything that they need will have filled their cupboards and freezers before too long

- The longer this goes on more and more people will calm down and buy less, and compromise on what they buy, and realise they don't need to just eat dried pasta

- Increase in demand for non-perishable items will see more production

- If this does become more rampant, more people will only go shopping if they genuinely need to

I reckon give it another 2-3 weeks and you'll be able to go to the supermarket and buy anything you genuinely need. May be a bit optimistic, but I went to a Co-Op off-licence and an Aldi yesterday around 4pm. The only things I couldn't get that I wanted was plain rice (understandable), soap (understandable, but you can use shower gel if you need) and chicken but there was still plenty of stuff available to make normal dinners with.

Co-Op was quiet (head for small shops if you don't like crowds), Aldi was busy but everyone was acting normally - except one dickhead wearing rubber gloves and obviously buying 4x of everything that he'd normally buy. He'll realise in a few days that he's sick of yoghurt and his freezer is full of the damn stuff.

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

The problem is there are isolated people and families due to the panic buying and empty shelves that have insufficient food, they've tried going at 'normal' times but there's been nothing there so you're forcing these 'sensible' people to join the early morning rabble in order to get something.

Some of these may also be vital workers on their way home from a long night shift or those about to go on a long day shift trying to get stuff before it's all gone which we all know will be by about 8.30am

I think I prefer not to judge all too quickly.

The last part is true, I work in the NHS but I don’t do night shifts, so I’ve been picking bits up where I can for my colleagues who do work antisocial shifts.... but it is still true that people are stock piling as the evidence is on the shelves. I couldn’t even get the usual dog food I get yesterday, because it has all sold out... dog food? 

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

The last part is true, I work in the NHS but I don’t do night shifts, so I’ve been picking bits up where I can for my colleagues who do work antisocial shifts.... but it is still true that people are stock piling as the evidence is on the shelves. I couldn’t even get the usual dog food I get yesterday, because it has all sold out... dog food? 

Oh I'm certainly not denying the stock pilers. They're the ones causing it all.