Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

10 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Just seems to be involved in a huge party.... unless it’s old footage it just seems a bit off. Maybe I’m jumping the gun here

It must be old footage. Not sure he will be wanting to throw parties at the moment with a newborn!

13 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Just seems to be involved in a huge party.... unless it’s old footage it just seems a bit off. Maybe I’m jumping the gun here

That doesn't look like a house in the UK where I assume he is if he's back in training. Maybe it's old footage.

Edited by Facecloth

19 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So now Dan Hodges is BBC Breakfast defending the trip to Barnard Castle, saying as he understood it you could drive somewhere for daily exercise. The rules always were you couldn't drive anywhere for exercise. If you couldn't get there on foot or bike, you shouldn't be going there. Hodges has been a a staunch defender of him, and again the rules are being rewritten to fit his behaviour.

Hodges actually said he should be sacked for the herd ummunity line.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

Hodges actually said he should be sacked for the herd ummunity line.

But he's tied himself in knots defending his actions on travelling to Durham and now doing the same over the trip to the castle.

Dominic Cummings is a bit of a tw*t at times.    But it's the hypocricy I can't stand.

All the people making out as though he's been driving up and down the country every day, sh*gging his mistress.

Just be honest and say "I can't stand the bloke, and this is a good chance to skewer him".  

Skip the faux outrage, virtue signalling, party politics, or whatever.   Just be honest.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Hopefully we'll see some actual evidence today of his 2nd visit, if that happens I'll gladly join in and give him some stick.

What?  You want some real evidence?  Not just rumour and hearsay?  

You've totally lost the plot.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

What?  You want some real evidence?  Not just rumour and hearsay?  

You've totally lost the plot.

Dunno, got the suggestion Cummings son is autistic being pushed around without any publication publishing it. 

Although part of me is convinced that his uncle’s death has something to do with his visit. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

This still going on then? This “look over here” tactic, a tactic causing people to take their eyes of the situation with the pandemic...

Alrighty then..:rolleyes:

People aren't going to overlook this just because Johnson said they should.

Plus the principle established here potentially has a huge and grave effect on the situation. If people think they can justify unnecessary journeys - even if they or their loved ones are showing symptoms - then they'll start making more and more of them.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Dominic Cummings is a bit of a tw*t at times.    But it's the hypocricy I can't stand.

All the people making out as though he's been driving up and down the country every day, sh*gging his mistress.

Just be honest and say "I can't stand the bloke, and this is a good chance to skewer him".  

Skip the faux outrage, virtue signalling, party politics, or whatever.   Just be honest.  

Absolutely, for example where was this level of anger and outrage for Tahir Ali, an actual elected MP caught on camera breaking lockdown and potentially endangering at least a hundred people?  Where are the calls for his resignation?  Is Keir Starmer weak for not sacking him?  etc etc etc etc

As far as we know Cummings broke no law and was permitted to change location to safeguard a vulnerable person under exceptional circumstances which was spelled out by the Deputy CMO a week prior to his trip (If it's true that his child is Autistic and that the grandmother is also a special needs teacher this makes those circumstances even more valid).

As I've said before on here, I'm a father to two very small children, I know who my most trusted people are to look after my children in case me or my wife are incapacitated or worse. If i was able to get close to them without endangering others I would have done exactly the same.

Edited by BlueSi13
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

so you have stuck to the rules that he didn't, and that your lord and saviour boris johnson has just said you didn't need to stick to at all? do you not see how much they are taking the piss out of us all, especially you for (presumably) voting for, supporting and now defending him? 

this isn't "faux outrage". i'm not sure why that phrase keeps coming up. nobody is pretending to be outraged by this, people genuinely are outraged by just how fu cking ridiculous and arrogant these absolute cu nts are. there's nothing "faux" about it. 

like i said, i've got no real issue or surprise in boris johnson backing cummings. like dushane said "you always back your boy". but why on earth are every day folk like you, who you've just said have made quite remarkable sacrifices that have been "fu cking hard", but the decision you felt like you had to make based on the instruction from cummings and johnson, not angry at this? what would he have had to do for you to be angry? be a labour politician? 

Rep’d purely for the Dushane quote. 👍🏼

10 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

People aren't going to overlook this just because Johnson said they should.

Plus the principle established here potentially has a huge and grave effect on the situation. If people think they can justify unnecessary journeys - even if they or their loved ones are showing symptoms - then they'll start making more and more of them.

So you are certain beyond any reasonable doubt that what he did was merely selfish negligence in contradiction of the recommended advice?

• Like 1

That, for me, is the real issue.

I don't like Cummings or this lot of Tories but, by and large they've played by their own rules during the lockdown. Some of their approach can be criticised and mistakes have been made but they seemed to have stuck to the standards they set for the country.

That Dominic Cummings has been shown to have broken the rules twice, contradicting guidance by the government and hasn't shown any humility or apology, nor been disciplined, effectively signals to people that the rules don't matter so for all the people who have stayed indoors and distanced as best they can for the past 9 weeks can now justify themselves in thinking "well if they can do it so can I".

The knock-on effects to people's behaviour could be huge and we're already not performing as well as we could. 

The inquiry into this is going to make the Iraq war look like a friendly chat

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, evidence please. Not saying he wasn’t wrong but I am not 100% certain there were not extenuating circumstances.

The government's own guidance stated you were to stay at your primary residence if anyone in your household was showing symptoms. No ifs, no buts. His brother-in-law lives two streets away if they genuinely had childcare issues.

Have you not seen the news for the past 48 hours? Stop being a contrarian for the sake of an argument on a football forum.

9 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

On a positive note; the number of deaths, new cases and hospitalization is all continuing to decrease. 

Countries having lifted lockdown haven't been hit with a 2nd peak and life is beginning to start again. 

With all the political shit kicking off in the last day or so we've lost sight of whats happening.

We are beating the virus and things are improving. Stay safe all. 

It is interesting that the onset of summer weather across the n hemisphere co incides with predicted ‘second waves’ not appearing after relaxation of lockdowns  ..........  saw some stuff over the weekend which showed that cv doesn’t survive in sunlight. all these outdoor parties we’re seeing in the states and on their beaches may well not be as dangerous as they look ..... of course this makes the need for a viable vaccine  or therapeutic treatment ultra urgent as we head from summer into autumn ....... those countries that managed a v low death rate via early lockdowns are most in need on this ......

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Absolutely, for example where was this level of anger and outrage for Tahir Ali, an actual elected MP caught on camera breaking lockdown and potentially endangering at least a hundred people?  Where are the calls for his resignation?  Is Keir Starmer weak for not sacking him?  etc etc etc etc

As far as we know Cummings broke no law and was permitted to change location to safeguard a vulnerable person under exceptional circumstances which was spelled out by the Deputy CMO a week prior to his trip (If it's true that his child is Autistic and that the grandmother is also a special needs teacher this makes those circumstances even more valid).

As I've said before on here, I'm a father to two very small children, I know who my most trusted people are to look after my children in case me or my wife are incapacitated or worse. If i was able to get close to them without endangering others I would have done exactly the same.

Ali apologised. Attended a funeral aswell. So public reaction sympathises. 

We haven’t had an apology or admittance of poor judgement. If that was done on Saturday, it wouldn’t be here still. Public sympathises with circumstances and we move on 

Other difference is Ali didn’t write the rules. Cummings was part of the consultation  in every communication which went out about lockdown. Including the line ‘Stay at Home’ 

• Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

The government's own guidance stated you were to stay at your primary residence if anyone in your household was showing symptoms. No ifs, no buts. His brother-in-law lives two streets away if they genuinely had childcare issues.

Have you not seen the news for the past 48 hours? Stop being a contrarian for the sake of an argument on a football forum.

Stop parking your mind, all the news is “reported” and no-one is doubting his drove to Durham, but people somehow doubt that they would do the same if the situation is as dire as he made out. If you have any children and found yourself in the same situation then You should let alone would have done the same.

The local family is just a personal situation transference, I have local family I would not leave a dog, let alone a child with.

Stop making assumptions, it’s a million miles from evidence.

For what it is worth, I suspect he is liable, but that is not evidence.
Re-bit in bold, So I should toe the company line? Ffs :nono:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

As an outsider, i would be more angry about the hypocrisy of the government and Boris than the actions of Cummings

I think that’s the case for most. Yep he’s a tosser for driving all of that way when he’s got symptoms while we can’t see relatives, businesses are going under etc etc but for our PM to stand there and use words like “integrity” to defend his actions  has had me and many others absolutely raging.

Also, seeing Boris literally cut journalists off and try not to control what was being asked lol genuinely can’t believe what I was watching. My favourite bit was where he forgot the entire nation was watching and started to say something like “I don’t want to answer that”.

I’ve never seen anything like it.

• Like 2