Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ask the same question to any whose had the grim reality of watching a loved ones funeral on a computer screen 

That’s a completely different scenario 

it’s like comparing someone doing to a holiday home for the weekend and someone going to a place for possible medical reasons 

• Like 1

Just now, jammie82uk said:

That’s a completely different scenario 

it’s like comparing someone doing to a holiday home for the weekend and someone going to a place for possible medical reasons 

He’s done the exact action that people have been unable to do:- seek the comfort of their closest family in times of ill health and death. 

It’s an understandable human reaction but it was denied to many. 

• Like 3

If the autism story is true, and there are huge doubts, then it doesn't help Cummings' case.

Anyone who has worked with autistic children will know that they crave structure, consistency and routine. Taking an autistic child out of his home to an unfamiliar property (remember that the family stayed in a property on the grounds, not the grandparents' house itself) seems at odds with everything I know about autism. 

It's highly doubtful as a story anyway, as the source is discredited and the 'they went in search of childcare' was very quickly torpedoed yesterday. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bilo said:

If the autism story is true, and there are huge doubts, then it doesn't help Cummings' case.

Anyone who has worked with autistic children will know that they crave structure, consistency and routine. Taking an autistic child out of his home to an unfamiliar property (remember that the family stayed in a property on the grounds, not the grandparents' house itself) seems at odds with everything I know about autism. 

It's highly doubtful as a story anyway, as the source is discredited and the 'they went in search of childcare' was very quickly torpedoed yesterday. 

What routine or structure could they provide if they were seriously ill? It’s the lesser of two evils and you are clutching at straws here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

What routine or structure could they provide if they were seriously ill? It’s the lesser of two evils and you are clutching at straws here.

They didn't seek childcare in Durham, they looked after him at a family property. 

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

They didn't seek childcare in Durham, they looked after him at a family property. 

I think the idea was that if they were both incapable of caring for him (a small possibility) then the child would indeed have to be cared for by the sister who would presumably move into the house as the child could be infectious .... there’s no way the child could be allowed to move outside of isolation ....

• Like 1

I wonder how long it will take for widespread refusal to pay lockdown fines? The precedent is set really.

Whatever I was doing was for the best of my family. Boris came out and said that’s fine on Sunday. How can you prove I wasn’t? Other people clearly don’t need to so why should I? 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bilo said:

They went there in case they needed support, they didn’t know how bad it was going to get.

You don’t think it would be quite frightening being told you had an illness that was killing people at the drop of a hat?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

They went there in case they needed support, they didn’t know how bad it was going to get.

You don’t think it would be quite frightening being told you had an illness that was killing people at the drop of a hat?

has this disease been killing people at the drop of a hat ???

and he would know better than anyone that the chances both (in their forties) would be so ill at the same time that they couldn’t care for the child at the same time was v slim ....

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

and he would know better than anyone that the chances both (in their forties) would be so ill at the same time that they couldn’t care for the child at the same time was v slim ....

You’re assuming he doesn’t have any pre existing health conditions then.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bilo said:

And everyone with an Autistic family member knows each case of Autism is different, there's not one right answer.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Let's not forget weeks ago we were in a completely different situation. We now know this virus isn't anywhere near as deadly as we first thought, originally we thought the fatality rate was somewhere in the region of 2-5%. We didn't shut down the country and potentially ruin the economy because we thought this was some regular cold.

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

My youngest playing fortnite - overheard a child saying he couldn’t play much longer as he has friends coming over .......

wonder if it’s the Cummings ....:

I’m going out round my mates later, everyone on here suggesting they are going to break lockdown because of boris, so I might as well do the same. I’ll do my bit to help bring down the government with them, a bbq and beer in solidarity.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m going out round my mates later, everyone on here suggesting they are going to break lockdown because of boris, so I might as well do the same. I’ll do my bit to help bring down the government with them, a bbq and beer in solidarity.

There’s a cold Birra Moretti waiting in the garden for you, you’ll have to stay in the shed though, different buildings and all that :thumbup:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Let's not forget weeks ago we were in a completely different situation. We now know this virus isn't anywhere near as deadly as we first thought, originally we thought the fatality rate was somewhere in the region of 2-5%. We didn't shut down the country and potentially ruin the economy because we thought this was some regular cold.

Was it ?   The rate was assumed to be below 1 % and generally agreed to be 0.5% - check back three hundred pages ....

we shut down the country to protect  the NHS .... we could have shielded the vulnerable and let the majority catch this thing  ..... the number dying would have been grim but if we had the hospital capacity to deal with the tens of thousands requiring intensive treatment every day and sufficient PPE to protect the frontline staff then I’m sure we wouldn’t have locked down and followed the Swedish model of responsible social distancing 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

But the rules were clear. There weren't any extenuating circumstances. If someone in your family is showing symptoms, you stay home. End of.

Plenty of people in more challenging circumstances than his have managed it.

Not true, the deputy chief medical officer made it clear that if both parents are ill they can leave home to ensure appropriate childcare.  You might decide this drive wasn’t appropriate, but you can’t argue it was either illegal or against the non legally binding guidelines.

• Like 3