Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Jesus. 

Some of the takes from Boris or Cummings worshippers are ridiculous.

It's beyond bootlicking to defend people for taking the piss out of millions of those who've been following the guidance, staying away from family and have lost relatives who've died and been buried alive. The NHS staff who have had to deal with the spread of the virus, the care home workers and key workers. Everyone told to go swivel by a PM who appears to have signed his very own zero hour contract. 

Their response? Lol cLaSSic DoM, lEFtY tEArS etc. Hilarious. You STILL think Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings give a monkey's toss about you after this? Really? They got your votes, they got the power it affords them and now you've outlived your useful purpose. You are minions to them. Useful idiots. 

I followed the guidelines and I don’t feel like they’ve taken the piss out of me personally. A bit extreme 😂

Just now, Blue-fox said:

I followed the guidelines and I don’t feel like they’ve taken the piss out of me personally. A bit extreme 😂

But they are taking the piss out of you.

You needn't have bothered following them, you should have just followed your instincts like a good father. This they tell you after you have followed them for 10 weeks and after Boris' puppet master has been caught with his trousers down. 

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Jesus. 

Some of the takes from Boris or Cummings worshippers are ridiculous.

It's beyond bootlicking to defend people for taking the piss out of millions of those who've been following the guidance, staying away from family and have lost relatives who've died and been buried alive. The NHS staff who have had to deal with the spread of the virus, the care home workers and key workers. Everyone told to go swivel by a PM who appears to have signed his very own zero hour contract. 

Their response? Lol cLaSSic DoM, lEFtY tEArS etc. Hilarious. You STILL think Boris Johnson and Dominic Cummings give a monkey's toss about you after this? Really? They got your votes, they got the power it affords them and now you've outlived your useful purpose. You are minions to them. Useful idiots. 

When your head is so far embedded in Boris' rectum it's difficult to see what's going on all around.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

But they are taking the piss out of you.

You needn't have bothered following them, you should have just followed your instincts like a good father. This they tell you after you have followed them for 10 weeks and after Boris' puppet master has been caught with his trousers down. 

I followed the guidelines because that’s what the scientific advice was, and has been similar all over the world. Maybe I’m wrong too but that’s how I see it. 

Just think if his answers to the questions had always been open, honest and shown a glimmer of contrition, sympathy and understanding for how a great many people would be likely to feel, rightly or wrongly, this would probably have all blown over. However, what many people dislike is not just the fact that he may or may not have broken guidelines but the sheer arrogant responses he has given and frankly the bluster of the PM at the press conference this evening.

Unfortunately the likely result of this is that ordinary members of the public who do not share his position of priviledge will now feel justified in behaving in the same way thus potentially risking other people's lives.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, reynard said:

Just think if his answers to the questions had always been open, honest and shown a glimmer of contrition, sympathy and understanding for how a great many people would be likely to feel, rightly or wrongly, this would probably have all blown over. However, what many people dislike is not just the fact that he may or may not have broken guidelines but the sheer arrogant responses he has given and frankly the bluster of the PM at the press conference this evening.

Unfortunately the likely result of this is that ordinary members of the public who do not share his position of priviledge will now feel justified in behaving in the same way thus potentially risking other people's lives.

Sadly true. A lot of us will maintain social distancing and whatever measures are advised. There will be some who are just feel a green light has been given.

I don’t think there has been a bigger example of party before country than the last 48 hours. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Livid said:

There’s no faux outrage, his neighbours were ready to lynch him tonight when he walked home. He can thank social distancing and their self restraint that the abuse he got was just verbal. I know I know some will pass that off as the ‘Metropolitan Elite’ :unsure:

This man is the Chief Advisor to the Prime Minister, to believe the only option available to him was to drive 260 miles for childcare is at best incredibly naive. The fact he did it whilst positive for Covid 19 is just something else.

Thousands have died alone with no family member at their side on the basis of this government’s policy. The fact he road roughshod over that is one thing, the fact he didn’t have the decency to fall on his sword is something else, the fact that the PM and Cabinet sycophants backed him is totally off the scale.

Yes I’m Livid. 

Some usernames bare fruit within days or months, others take a while but when they do.

• Haha 4

What Cummings did was wrong - but I think the MSM have forgotten what happened to Caroline Flack (yes completely different circumstances) but if we wake up tomorrow and hes hung himslf or something then what? Media and news coverage is there to scrutinise and report, but camping outside his house today and hounding him is wrong whatever the offence hes committed. Thats my take anyway.

I also think Journos and reporters are sick of reporting on COVID that this is the first real story now that could sell papers again in the coming days so trying to get the best scoop possible. Its all got too carried away

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Because number plates are really secure and don’t get put on National news or social media do they?

If I was Cummings and I hadn’t visited Barnard Castle on April 12th I would be standing in front of the

cameras saying, I categorically deny being at Barnard Castle on April 12th or any other date during the lockdown

and I challenge anyone to prove otherwise because it did not happen. Instead we have Boris vaguely claiming

that some of the reports in the papers are not true. To me that says they are not sure what evidence the papers

have on him and are hoping for the best.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Because number plates are really secure and don’t get put on National news or social media do they?

ANPR and CCTV.

5 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

So we’re not allowed to discuss politics in here, but the new thread dedicated to move discussion is closed...

Bit odd.

That and Starmer thread being locked.

What's going on, has Cummings got a new job?

On a positive note; the number of deaths, new cases and hospitalization is all continuing to decrease. 

Countries having lifted lockdown haven't been hit with a 2nd peak and life is beginning to start again. 

With all the political shit kicking off in the last day or so we've lost sight of whats happening.

We are beating the virus and things are improving. Stay safe all. 

• Like 3