Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Seriously debs, it’s a mild flu for 80% of people. the likelihood that both parents would be incapacitated and unable to care for their child is v v low and in that unlikely situation, there are still options, especially for the prime minister’s senior aide.   Driving 260 miles against the guidelines is straight wrong  and to use the child as an excuse merely makes it worse imo. 

I understand that it's mild for at least 80% of the population, but I'm interested to know what the options are for childcare for everyone who doesn't have family nearby? 

9 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

Why not just make the autism

public when admitting your reasons and judgement. People wouldn’t think any less of it and it would appear more honest.

Agreed, if it's true I'm guessing many would have considered that, but the guy has an intense dislike for the MSM, I would imagine he would not have been comfortable sharing his child's medical history with the national press.  

Besides the media would have likely accused him of trying to pull a guilt trip on us to get him out of trouble.

But as I say, it's just a rumour at this stage, nothing confirmed so just speculation.

9 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Well this has been done to death earlier, so I don’t really have anything to add. Stopping the spread of the virus is imperative and cannot be stressed too highly. Ordinary folk have had to cope as best they can, and without the benefit of Cummings position of privilege and power. In his position he could easily have made any number of alternative arrangements without leaving home.

Those who drew up the lock down regulations (including Cummings himself) should have provided for such circumstances so that people in a genuinely difficult position could get help to safely make alternative arrangements for child care without putting others at risk.

Such as?  From what we know he didn't put anyone else at risk, the child stayed with the parents the entire time and his sister just left groceries outside his door?

12 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Such as?  From what we know he didn't put anyone else at risk, the child stayed with the parents the entire time and his sister just left groceries outside his door?

And the journey itself? Petrol stop perhaps? Toilet break? Virus spreading to surfaces perhaps, who knows. And that’s if you believe his story that he self isolated once there - not really someone known for honesty and integrity. The point is that if everyone did this whenever they had some dubious pretext whilst infected, epidemic control would be impossible.

Many people have no doubt made huge sacrifices because they believed what they were told by the authorities that it was necessary to protect the NHS and save lives (as do I). Cummings evidently is above all of that.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 3

I think everybody just needs to calm down about this now. Of course it's bad but what's the point in getting angry? We've actually lost the reason why what he did was out of line.

And this is coming from somebody who hated Cummings before it was cool to hate him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

And the journey itself? Petrol stop perhaps? Toilet break? Virus spreading to surfaces perhaps, who knows. And that’s if you believe his story that he self isolated once there -not really someone known for honesty and integrity.The point is that if everyone did this whenever they had some dubious pretext whilst infected, epidemic control would be impossible.

Many people have no doubt made huge sacrifices because they believed what they were told by the authorities that it was necessary to protect the NHS and save lives (as do I). Cummings evidently is above all of that.

Lots of perhaps right there

3 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

In the United Kingdom nearly 37,000 people have died with coronavirus.

The really important thing though, is some bloke drove to Durham to be near his family.

Considering the bloke in question is the chief adviser to the PM for situations ,including this particular crisis, and hasn’t complied with his own guidance, I’d say it is relevant and important.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

He's the chief advisor to the Prime Minister during the biggest national crisis since the Second World War.  There's absolutely no chance he'd have been permitted to flee to Durham to escape any potential infection.

Could you imagine what the press would have been like if he'd done that! lol

I did say that he and his wife could have decided to relocate her and the child there ahead of the lock down and then deal with himself thereafter.  Other govt ministers did that.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Let us know how much your fine is when you get one bud. 

I doubt he'll get one now.

Whether anyone did when visiting family during lockdown and were spoken to by police or given fines can now appeal it, we'll see.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

would like to once again ask why you are defending him? no other tory has yet to come up with a reason other than because he's a tory. you don't actually have to defend him, you know? you can take a step back and look at the developments of the last 48 hours and like 99% of the rest of the country, you can think what an absolute bellend. 

what would it take him and the rest of his pals to do for you to not defend him? like fair play, boris johnson is going to defend him because he owes him this chapter of his career. you owe him absolutely fu ck all? he is actively taking the piss out of you and you are defending him? 

I'm not defending him, just trying to imagine what it is like to be a parent in his situation. 

My other half and I haven't seen his children since March, we could have done within the guidelines but we decided as a family it probably wasn't the best thing to do. It's been fvcking hard, but we made the decision based on our family circumstances. Much like parents all over the world have done I imagine, put their children and their own situation first. 

I'm also not a big fan of the faux outrage which seems to be the thing atm. I'd rather wait for the facts before I decide to hang the man, rather than following Twitter and wherever else people decide to get their news from these days. 

24 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It is so weird 

it makes no sense, these are people who have stuck to lockdown rules given to them by these worms, who've now said that for 10 weeks we haven't really had these rules at all. yet they're tripping over themselves to defend him for literally no reason other than they voted for their political party.

i cba anymore. this country is on it's fu cking arse. what's the point. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

so you have stuck to the rules that he didn't, and that your lord and saviour boris johnson has just said you didn't need to stick to at all? do you not see how much they are taking the piss out of us all, especially you for (presumably) voting for, supporting and now defending him? 

this isn't "faux outrage". i'm not sure why that phrase keeps coming up. nobody is pretending to be outraged by this, people genuinely are outraged by just how fu cking ridiculous and arrogant these absolute cu nts are. there's nothing "faux" about it. 

like i said, i've got no real issue or surprise in boris johnson backing cummings. like dushane said "you always back your boy". but why on earth are every day folk like you, who you've just said have made quite remarkable sacrifices that have been "fu cking hard", but the decision you felt like you had to make based on the instruction from cummings and johnson, not angry at this? what would he have had to do for you to be angry? be a labour politician? 

He did what he thought was best for his family. It was the wrong call but at the end of the day it’s his family he’s thinking of. He is obviously a clever man so knew it would probably get out in the media and still did it anyway, maybe there was a reason he did it. 

Can’t see why everyone is getting so wound up over it, what’s done is done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1