Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

It is interesting that the onset of summer weather across the n hemisphere co incides with predicted ‘second waves’ not appearing after relaxation of lockdowns  ..........  saw some stuff over the weekend which showed that cv doesn’t survive in sunlight. all these outdoor parties we’re seeing in the states and on their beaches may well not be as dangerous as they look ..... of course this makes the need for a viable vaccine  or therapeutic treatment ultra urgent as we head from summer into autumn ....... those countries that managed a v low death rate via early lockdowns are most in need on this ......

I don't think the scientists have found much so far to support this. The virus is doing quite nicely for itself in India where there is plenty of sunshine and temperatures well into the 80s and 90s. Also infections in  Australia and New Zealand have been pretty low as they head into autumn and winter.

There must be a chance that what we are seeing now is  a false dawn in Europe as the virus has not been anything other than artificially subdued by basically forcing millions of people to stay inside so agree completely re vaccine etc.

It also appears that the levels of infection in the general population are likely to be between 0.5% and 10% at the maximum from studies so far performed. So those countries who managed the situation well and avoided a high death rate are really not much more likely to see a significant autumn/winter surge than we are.

9 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Honestly, why would any expert even want to be involved with the US response? Anything you recommend will be undermined. And ultimately, after China you know the absolutely duffers will throw you under the bus. I honestly think I’d rather fvck off and let them dig their own grave at this point. The Republicans and scores of their support are just beyond help. 

I can see the argument there, but there are still some decent people caught in the crossfire who deserve at least an effort to help - even if that help is stymied by the ignorant.

7 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

To be honest i think the uk has been remarkably well behaved when it's come to the lockdown, well most have.😎

Certainly by comparison to their counterparts across the pond, it would seem.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Bit weird that Johnson seeks to further undermine himself by putting his employee up for questioning. Makes Cummings look like co-PM

This whole thing makes me think Cummings is his boss lol

7 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

I don't deny for one second the optics were/are bad. 

I also conceded that if there was clear and real evidence that he broke rules/laws then he should go immediately.  However none of that has happened.  He relocated his family from lockdown in London to lockdown in Durham.  That's it.  Perfectly acceptable under guidelines that have already been discussed.

For sure he is EXTREMELY privileged in regards to having access to a property close to his support network.  It's a privilege that 99% of the country doesn't have so I can accept it will rub a lot of people up the wrong way.

But from what I understand of the case so far, I am simply not going to condemn a man for doing what I myself would have done under similar circumstances if given the opportunity.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-essential-travel-guidance

''Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People must remain in their primary residence. Not taking these steps puts additional pressure on communities and services that are already at risk.''

''People with holiday homes and caravans are still not permitted to travel to their second home or to stay overnight. Leaving your home - the place you live - to stay at another home is not allowed.''

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He’s not admitted he’s done wrong or that he’s misjudged the public mood. I’ll say again thousands have families have the same decisions facing them and they didn’t jump in a car. 

If you believe he kept to the rules, he certainly didn’t play with the sprit of the rules. 

Don’t talk about hypocrisy and Harwood. He was calling for immediate resignation of Ferguson. He popped up in the press at the start of lockdown in Cambridge and now pops up that’s he’s in Vauxhall. 

If you going to discredit the source of the Mirror or the Guardian, publications which can be taken to court for telling lying but then see sense in Harwood who has no journalist credentials whose rolled out that it’s a lookalike (which goes against that Sky News were willing to back up the number plate story). 

True he did call for the resignation of Ferguson.  Ferguson was caught popping round to his mistress for a shag.  In other words went and mingled (passionately) with members outside his own household which was/is a total no-no.  

From what we know so far, Cummings stayed in lockdown.

As for the lookalike:

The Guardian/Mirror/Sky News need something new and they need it fast because this story is flopping harder than Hossein Kaebi.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

True he did call for the resignation of Ferguson.  Ferguson was caught popping round to his mistress for a shag.  In other words went and mingled (passionately) with members outside his own household which was/is a total no-no.  

As for the lookalike:

The Guardian/Mirror/Sky News need something new and they need it fast because this story is flopping harder than Hossein Kaebi.

Story was the mistress came to Ferguson's house. He was had surpassed the 14 day self-isolation period from his symptoms. Broke the rules got sacked. Led to Hancock asking for police intervention. 

Cummings didn't stay in lockdown. He drove 260 miles whilst exhibiting symptoms of the virus - alongside his wife in the car. 

Yep, great proof that - really journalistic investigative gold! :appl:

• Like 1

Just now, Walkers said:

Im confused, do the media vultures have special permission to ignore social distancing rules so they can get shots of a man outside his house who broke lockdown rules?

Probably in the same what-aboutery way that Boris shook Philip Schofield's hand and the three attendees to the televised briefings were never two metres apart for the start of lockdown, yes. Which was pretty f***king mad when various members of the parliament were reporting symptoms. 

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-essential-travel-guidance

''Essential travel does not include visits to second homes, camp sites, caravan parks or similar, whether for isolation purposes or holidays. People must remain in their primary residence. Not taking these steps puts additional pressure on communities and services that are already at risk.''

''People with holiday homes and caravans are still not permitted to travel to their second home or to stay overnight. Leaving your home - the place you live - to stay at another home is not allowed.''

Done to death:

3 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Done to death:

Except no-one looked after the child - they stayed at the second home they were staying at!! He went 260 miles for someone to pop some meals and shopping around FFS

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

11 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

As for the lookalike:

Ah right that twitter post clears that up then, much like the fact check post that was posted earlier :rolleyes:

Sad state of affairs this. 

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

They went there in case they needed support, they didn’t know how bad it was going to get.

You don’t think it would be quite frightening being told you had an illness that was killing people at the drop of a hat?

Cummings should know, his close uncle died on the same day he made the trip to Durham.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/05/25/dominic-cummings-parents-leap-defence-saying-public-arent-aware/

1 minute ago, Tom17LCFC said:

Ah right that twitter post clears that up then, much like the fact check post that was posted earlier :rolleyes:

Sad state of affairs this. 

Just as sad as people calling for his head based on literally zero evidence.

4 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Except no-one looked after the child - they stayed at the second home they were staying at!! He went 260 miles for someone to pop some meals and shopping around FFS

THE HORROR!!! CRIME OF THE CENTURY!!!

Is this response proportional then?

image.png.a9905dc08658d3dff69b7c16cb1e0a36.png

image.png.882a13f09bd71a2e30243a4551f86e1e.png

image.png.e27a952a33e580cb11c3a6d34d44e293.png

Not a witch-hunt?

3 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Just as sad as people calling for his head based on literally zero evidence.

You seem very well informed on the whole story so can you answer a genuine question.

Was he actually ill when he drove 260 miles or was it just his wife who was ill?

Just now, BlueSi13 said:

Not a witch-hunt?

Those who are undoubtedly motivated by more than just this incident will take the opportunity to write the agenda and indulge in unacceptable behaviour but as I posted above, if there were clear extenuating circumstances then it should have been shut down on Saturday .... 

17 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Not a witch-hunt?

Have I said it was worthy of that witch-hunt? You'll find I posted last night that him being verbally attacked outside of his family home is simply not on. Not fair on his wife or his children or even his fellow neighbours. 

I've been biting my lip to truly say that I think Cummings and Johnson over the course of the weekend have taken the piss out of every person who has observed the rules.

Anyone or of the following:-

a) a parent alone living afar from them 

b) a loved person related to them suffer from ill health in lockdown

c) any parent whose had the dilemma when contracting the virus on what to do with a child in their home

d) the poor NHS staff who've had to contact family members that they can't see their loved person about to move away 

e) any parent what concerns about their children going back to school 

f) had thoughts of using a second home

has been laughed at. For the likes of the MPs and Johnson to use such lines as “I think he followed the instincts of every father and every parent, and I do not mark him down for that,” - when thousands of parents and fathers have had to suppress their instincts is a disgrace. It's the self-entitled nature of it all. 

PS. There's very little political benefit in the act of what's been committed for the opposition. But there's huge political benefit the more Boris and 'Dom' continue in their duo act. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

They went there in case they needed support, they didn’t know how bad it was going to get.

You don’t think it would be quite frightening being told you had an illness that was killing people at the drop of a hat?

Sphericals.

He and his wife are in their forties and therefore at comparatively low risk whereas the grandparents, both in their seventies, were at a much higher risk of death if they were to contract the virus.