Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

9 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ali apologised. Attended a funeral aswell. So public reaction sympathises. 

We haven’t had an apology or admittance of poor judgement. If that was done on Saturday, it wouldn’t be here still. Public sympathises with circumstances and we move on 

Other difference is Ali didn’t write the rules. Cummings was part of the consultation  in every communication which went out about lockdown. Including the line ‘Stay at Home’ 

So a father looking to safeguard his family doesn't get sympathy?  Pull the other one.

For what it's worth, I wasn't particularly bothered about Ali breaking the rules, or Kinnock, or Gething, or Jones.  This is an extremely testing time for everyone in this country and I'm not one to tell people how best to manage it.  But what I can't stand is the absolute hypocrisy from the media and other MP's as highlighted in Harwood's video.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lionator said:

That fact checker looks totally legit.

The autism line being spun this morning is morally disgusting. It's like everything else has failed so lets use autism as an excuse. It's not. 

You're sucking up any old crap. He messed up, Boris has messed up, you know it deep down so wake up and stop denying it. You can still support their political aims without having to defend every single cock up.

You clearly know nothing about Autism 

5 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

So a father looking to safeguard his family doesn't get sympathy?  Pull the other one.

For what it's worth, I wasn't particularly bothered about Ali breaking the rules, or Kinnock, or Gething, or Jones.  This is an extremely testing time for everyone in this country and I'm not one to tell people how best to manage it.  But what I can't stand is the absolute hypocrisy from the media and other MP's as highlighted in Harwood's video.

He’s not admitted he’s done wrong or that he’s misjudged the public mood. I’ll say again thousands have families have the same decisions facing them and they didn’t jump in a car. 

If you believe he kept to the rules, he certainly didn’t play with the sprit of the rules. 

Don’t talk about hypocrisy and Harwood. He was calling for immediate resignation of Ferguson. He popped up in the press at the start of lockdown in Cambridge and now pops up that’s he’s in Vauxhall. 

If you going to discredit the source of the Mirror or the Guardian, publications which can be taken to court for telling lying but then see sense in Harwood who has no journalist credentials whose rolled out that it’s a lookalike (which goes against that Sky News were willing to back up the number plate story). 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

The autism line being spun this morning is morally disgusting. It's like everything else has failed so lets use autism as an excuse. It's not. 

You're sucking up any old crap. He messed up, Boris has messed up, you know it deep down so wake up and stop denying it. You can still support their political aims without having to defend every single cock up.

Remember the autism line isn’t being used by anyone credible. It’s a tactic which has been repeatedly used - you shout it loud, it sticks and we will never know if it’s true or not. (The Saville/grooming Gangs thing be used repeatedly on Starmer at the moment) 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Stop parking your mind, all the news is “reported” and no-one is doubting his drove to Durham, but people somehow doubt that they would do the same if the situation is as dire as he made out. If you have any children and found yourself in the same situation then You should let alone would have done the same.

The local family is just a personal situation transference, I have local family I would not leave a dog, let alone a child with.

Stop making assumptions, it’s a million miles from evidence.

For what it is worth, I suspect he is liable, but that is not evidence.
Re-bit in bold, So I should toe the company line? Ffs :nono:

I'm not parking my mind at all. As I've said many times it's not the act itself, which all parties accept happened, but the lack of contrition and a retrospective rewriting of the rules which has irked.

People across the land have sacrificed precious moments with seriously ill relatives - myself included - and self-isolated in extremely trying circumstances with their own children for the common good over the past two months, overriding every natural urge they had, and yet this weasel can't even admit he erred in what he did.

The rules were clear, he broke them. And he is yet to put forward any credible defence for what he did.

Edited by Voll Blau
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Na not having that, if this second case is a fit up, I don’t any issues of how it’s been handled.

Like someone has said before on here, evidence shouldn’t be hard to find with cctv and anpr cameras. So we wait.

The first case was wrong in my opinion, but if the kid does genuinely have autism, his care needs are far more than that of your average child and I can understand the need of heading to a safe environment. 

• Like 3

Ok, so even if it was autism and even if he couldn't find anyone closer than 256 miles, in the city of London, where he lives and works and even if we accept that, due to his position in society and power that his need is genuinely more important and greater than anyone else in the country with the same issue.

The way it has been handled and no apologety or contrition shown by anyone involved, to appease the public and let them know that this is not just a case of naked hypocrisy, is damaging public confidence in both their actions and their guidance. On a bank holiday weekend, when people may say "well if he can do it".

That is the risk and the real damage done in this case.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm not parking my mind at all. As I've said many times it's not the act itself, which all parties accept happened, but the lack of contrition and a retrospective rewriting of the rules which has irked.

People across the land have sacrificed precious moments with seriously ill relatives - myself included - and self-isolated in extremely trying circumstances with their own children for the common good over the past two months, overriding every natural urge they had, and yet this weasel can't even admit he erred in what he did.

The rules were clear, he broke them. And he is yet to put forward any credible defence for what he did.

I have never disputed the guidelines, all I have stated is that without knowing the full facts it is impossible to make a full informed judgement. Personally, if things were as dire as indicated then I would have likely have done the same as I have no other options. The media of course love this nonsense, but I find it extremely unhelpful as it distracts from real news around the pandemic. 

:thumbup:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

You clearly know nothing about Autism 

It’s a wide spectrum 

and if the child is indeed in need of care then all the more reason for his wife and child to head up to Durham before the onset of lockdown and for DC to head to join them if necessary.  Waiting for either of them to become ill and then having to break the guidelines shows a degree of arrogance - I guess its just his good fortune that he and his family got to spend their isolation period on a farm with those wide open spaces rather than built up n London ......

5 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Ok, so even if it was autism and even if he couldn't find anyone closer than 256 miles, in the city of London, where he lives and works and even if we accept that, due to his position in society and power that his need is genuinely more important and greater than anyone else in the country with the same issue.

The way it has been handled and no apologety or contrition shown by anyone involved, to appease the public and let them know that this is not just a case of naked hypocrisy, is damaging public confidence in both their actions and their guidance. On a bank holiday weekend, when people may say "well if he can do it".

That is the risk and the real damage done in this case.

Why does there need to be an apology? People are getting their knickers on a twist about supposed rule breaking

ita already been pointed out ad nauseam that no rules or law has been broken 

3 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

In the 5pm briefing

At what point questions or in his speech. I’m getting the feeling this would be mentioned far more if it occurred or if it more than the ‘health problems’ being that of CV19

Having been raised in a family that has never voted anything other than Conservative for literally generations (making me seen as some kind of genetic aberration, or simply a pervert) I can say hand on heart that this is the first time I have heard any sort of dissent from them about any aspect of Tory governance. The poll tax, austerity, Brexit, immigration - all BRILLIANT, and Boris as PM was going to "sort it all out", whatever IT was. I was intrigued as to what they'd make of this, not really expecting them to do anything other than say it's a storm in a teacup or whatever, but they're fuming.

In isolation, this amounts to 9 tenths of sod all, but a couple of hours later the front page of today's Daily Mail is published, which slightly undermined my Tory chum's assertion that this is a non issue that nobody outside of the Twitter sphere cares about.

Politics is so partisan now that I haven't got a clue what constitutes a deal breaker for maintaining support for a political party but there's something about this that has really got under people's skin

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Why does there need to be an apology? People are getting their knickers on a twist about supposed rule breaking

ita already been pointed out ad nauseam that no rules or law has been broken 

Ask the same question to any whose had the grim reality of watching a loved ones funeral on a computer screen 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

At what point questions or in his speech. I’m getting the feeling this would be mentioned far more if it occurred or if it more than the ‘health problems’ being that of CV19

In the media questions 

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

I have never disputed the guidelines, all I have stated is that without knowing the full facts it is impossible to make a full informed judgement. Personally, if things were as dire as indicated then I would have likely have done the same as I have no other options. The media of course love this nonsense, but I find it extremely unhelpful as it distracts from real news around the pandemic. 

:thumbup:

This is real news around the pandemic though. It will have real consequences on how people choose to act. People in his situation, and worse, obeyed the rules. He didn't, and now others won't as a consequence.

Just now, st albans fox said:

It’s a wide spectrum 

and if the child is indeed in need of care then all the more reason for his wife and child to head up to Durham before the onset of lockdown and for DC to head to join them if necessary.  Waiting for either of them to become ill and then having to break the guidelines shows a degree of arrogance - I guess its just his good fortune that he and his family got to spend their isolation period on a farm with those wide open spaces rather than built up n London ......

2.8 million people in the UK are affected by autism. Who knows where we'd be if even a fraction of those people had done the same as he did.

All just a storm in a Westminster tea cup that only embittered left-wing Remoaners care about, isn't it?

Getting the Mail and the Guardian to agree takes incompetence to new levels.

IMG_20200525_103718.jpg