Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

So... Would you welcome Mahrez back?

Mardy Mahrez  

467 members have voted

1. 1. Would you welcome Mahrez back?

5 minutes ago, marbles said:

Hell no

Take him back, so that when Man U or Liverpool come sniffing around, he can sulk around the airports again ?? 

Some people on here have extremely short memories. 

So short that he was a key figure to our success.

Maybe your memory is just as short 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, hejammy said:

But my point was it would never happen so why not gauge the opinion of the fanbase if they'd welcome Messi? Or Ronaldo? Or have Pep as our next manager? 

Because Messi, Ronaldo and Pep have never been here? 

And because Mahrez's legacy as a player is somewhat entwined with the manner in which he left and his statements on us since, so I wanted to see if those two things affected people's opinions on whether or not they'd be happy for him to return.

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

So short that he was a key figure to our success.

Maybe your memory is just as short 

He was but that was a long time ago in football terms with different players. For a start, we had to have a particular type of fullback in Simpson to mitigate Marhez's idleness whilst hoping for that odd bit of magic from him which, in fairness, he did supply in our winning season. Later, there were times when he should have been dropped, such was his ineffectiveness but managers rarely had the bottle. 

Pep did however leave him languishing on the bench until he woke up and realised that there was more to a football team than just him! Would you seriously want to nullify a player like Ricardo on the off chance mardy pants decides to turn up for a game? I think we're far better off with Ricardo and another more suitable winger that's also prepared to put in a bit of work.

• Like 3

Erm... not sure I don't think we've missed him but certainly didn't replace him. I've always felt we have been short on the wings. Somehow I don't Mahrez would come back, I reckon he'd snub and consider us a backward step... I reckon he he'll head off abroad but if he was to stay in premier league the only club I could see him joining would be Chelsea.

I continue to be a big fan of all our legends that helped bring home the premier league title but I would have preferred Mahrez left quietly on good terms like Kante. Drinkwater is another one that left a bad taste in the mouth. Saying that I can forgive and forget if he were to apologize to the fans directly. Anyway it’s pretty pointless as there’s no way he will come back.

maybe a move across town to United for a reasonable fee seems more likely.

• Like 1

i can imagine man city setting up season long loans for some of their bigger stars hoping that they’ll only be banned for a year. Or possibly that any appeal won’t be heard or overturned for the start of next years champions league thus meaning that can’t take part in next seasons champs league.

Make no mistake, with them also facing a big points deduction, it will hit them hard financially and they’ll need to balance the books for sure with reduced prem revenue from the points deduction and reduced revenue from no champions league. 

It’s a real possibility too that some of their current sponsorship income is in part based on them appearing in European football.

so, yes, Mahrez will be available end of the season as he’s one of their biggest earners but i’d be surprised if they loan him to a prem club.

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Yes of course.

Football ability is more important to whatever people perceive to be throwing toys out the pram or whatever.

Some of you guys need to get over yourselves.

...I think some people have a rose tinted memory regarding having Mahrez in the team!!!

His last season with us, was just him going through the motions and was not exactly a team player. He believed he was better than everyone else, we were not setting the league alight but we only remember the moments we want to remember. We do not need Mahrez back we need a player with the individual talent and team ethos who we know is out there. It seems Rodgers is not looking to go down that route else Perez would not have been the signing to make in that position.

• Like 1

I don't fully get the hatred towards Mahrez. He has taken us to levels that we never probably thought we'd see as Leicester fans. I think he wanted to leave the summer after we won the league but may have been promised that he could if he gave us one more year. Then we rejected bids the following summer from Man City and he went AWOL. I get that fans find that disrespectful, but if he was promised a move by the club, then he can at least on some level be justified for being upset when they came in. 

Disregarding all of the above, the key thing for me is that despite the transfer sagas he always performed in a Leicester shirt and his tribute to Vichai whilst scoring for Man City was a nice touch.