Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

Just now, nettle said:

Spurs, Sheff utd and Wolves have all strengthen in the transfer window and we sign Ryan fooking Bennett. 

Debatable that. No point making signings for the sake of it. I doubt the signings Wolves and Sheff U made will give them any more consistency, both teams will fade away before the seasons out, they have less quality in depth then we do, even with their signings. 

Spurs are striker less and still look lost without Son and Kane. Can't see them beating United to 5th and definitely can't see any of those sides getting into the top 4 ahead of us. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Foxhateram said:

Debatable that. No point making signings for the sake of it. I doubt the signings Wolves and Sheff U made will give them any more consistency, both teams will fade away before the seasons out, they have less quality in depth then we do, even with their signings. 

Spurs are striker less and still look lost without Son and Kane. Can't see them beating United to 5th and definitely can't see any of those sides getting into the top 4 ahead of us. 

I've just had a look and I honestly think they've all signed some decent player's and they are not all permanent. And as I've said we signed Ryan Bennett who can't even make the bench yet we were crying out for more of a creative spark and we did nothing. 

7 minutes ago, nettle said:

I've just had a look and I honestly think they've all signed some decent player's and they are not all permanent. And as I've said we signed Ryan Bennett who can't even make the bench yet we were crying out for more of a creative spark and we did nothing. 

Because we already have the resources we need. To strengthen our squad (which is already far better than theirs) in January would cost radiculous money. 

We invest only when we think a signing is going to make a significant impact to the team. A player like that is unlikely to want to join us at this moment in time. In the summer, with Champs league garunteed, we will get much better value for money and better players.

Edited by Foxhateram
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

What's really interesting is that those who were absolute relentless in their abuse of puel are now making the same arguments the puel sympathisers made for Brendan. Quoting season long stats disregarding a positive start followed by a worrying dip in form.

The irony is sensational.

Puel played boring negative football all of the time!! No comparisons in quality. He also never got us in the top 4 and never had us ever looking like a side that could make Europe. 

How we are now, with a form that would put us in about 9th place. Is the best we saw from Puel. We're pretty much garunteed to finish (even if form does stay lacking) to finish well above any position Puel got us to. 

Just now, Foxhateram said:

Because we already have the resources we need. To strengthen our squad (which is already far better than theirs) in January would cost radiculous money. 

We invest only when we think a dining is going to make a significant impact to the team. A player like that is unlikely to want to join us at this moment in time. In the summer, with Champs league garunteed, we will get much better value for money and better players.

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

We invest only when we think a dining is going to make a significant impact to the team. A player like that is unlikely to want to join us at this moment in time. In the summer, with Champs league garunteed, we will get much better value for money and better players.

And there's the problem if we don't qualify these signings won't be made. You can't stand still in football or you will go backwards speculate to accumulate as they say. 

• Thanks 1

All over the place tonight. Choudhury’s worst performance in a Leicester shirt. Regardless of who we had upfront, he was getting little to no service again. Perez isn’t good enough. Barnes runs but doesn’t do much else with it. Only Iheanacho and Praet were players to be half decent tonight. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nettle said:

And there's the problem if we don't qualify these signings won't be made. You can't stand still in football or you will go backwards speculate to accumulate as they say. 

Agreed. But imo we have already done that. We've accumulated a good enough squad to take us to Europe. If we don't qualify, we're in the same position as January, only we'll have to sign similar quality players as we have to strengthen our depth but not at an overpriced January fee. 

Football never fails to baffle me. So wonderful at times earlier in the season. So ordinary against a pretty toothless Norwich tonight. 

I have no clue how the next few weeks will pan put. We might slide out of the top 4. We might go and win 3 on a row and wonder what all the fuss was about.

After 45 years of supporting City I am none the wiser!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Agreed. But imo we have already done that. We've accumulated a good enough squad to take us to Europe. If we don't qualify, we're in the same position as January, only we'll have to sign similar quality players as we have to strengthen our depth but not at an overpriced January fee. 

If we play with this current attitude/intensity/desire then there is no point whatsoever in qualifying.

6 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Puel played boring negative football all of the time!! No comparisons in quality. He also never got us in the top 4 and never had us ever looking like a side that could make Europe. 

How we are now, with a form that would put us in about 9th place. Is the best we saw from Puel. We're pretty much garunteed to finish (even if form does stay lacking) to finish well above any position Puel got us to. 

We are not 9th in the form table....and tonight was very claude puel. Boring negative football? Chilwell passing backwards in the 90th minute. Perez doing the same last week. James coming on last week?

Puel would be hammered for all those things. So many double standards.

I want to see Preat alongside N'Didi so Maddison can have more freedom. 

4-1-3-1-1

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Soy Fuchs

N'Didi

Perez.  Preat      Barnes

Maddison

Vardy

Or drop Madders and get Nacho in the hole. 

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Don't you think a decent winger or attack minded player would have given us a boost though just as our form was dropping off? 

Just now, Abrasive fox said:

We are not 9th in the form table....and tonight was very claude puel. Boring negative football? Chilwell passing backwards in the 90th minute. Perez doing the same last week. James coming on last week?

Puel would be hammered for all those things. So many double standards.

Puel had us playing lethargic football ALL of the time. No comparisons in quality at all. I repeat! He never got us in the top 4! Enough said. Why the heck do people stick up for the man!?

Our current run of form is for completely different reasons, under Puel was because of the tactics and set up. Under Brendan it's because we've genuinely had the best run of form this club has ever seen, (Top 2 for most of the season and a cup semi final also in the next round of the FA Cup), and we don't have the strength in depth to maintain that level of quality. 

However now with key players back, well bounce back into form. We showed that last week against Man City we still have quality in the locker. 

I was one of the poor unfortunates in Norwich tonight…. 

However…

I booked tickets to the Orielles for me and my kids with a view to watching the game Saturday…. 48 hours later the game moved to the Saturday…. No problem, we’ll be in the league Cup final !!!  🤔 

Sorry to report I sacked off Leicester and me and the kids went to watch the Orielles at the Waterfront - just a stones throw from Carrow road…. We bounced about when we got the goal through (short lived), but got over it and bounced around some more for good measure…. Was an awesome gig…. I can probably lay claim to being the only City fan in Norwich who had a belting night tonight!!!

pE6HIV1.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, nettle said:

Don't you think a decent winger or attack minded player would have given us a boost though just as our form was dropping off? 

Who though? Who would you have bought in that would have genuinely increased out quality? Realistic signing and for realistic money.?