Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

Just now, Foxhateram said:

Couldn't disagree with you more. Gray can't defend for toffee, making us more likely to concede on the counter and when was the last time he scored? 

As stated, no gaps for him to run into, therefore he is actually less likely to get you the assist you need. 

Albrighton more likely to pick out a player in the box. Correct decision. 

I agree with the sentiments of the whole post but there's no point having Albrighton on to try and pick players in the box when there is only 1 player there. And that player being Iheanacho who, let's face it, is not renowned for aerial ability against big lumps like Hanley and other defenders occupying that space. And if anything, based on today, you're only gonna have 1 other player in the box being Barnes or perhaps a late run from a midfielder but we didn't even have that today.

Albrighton coming on was just a throw of the dice in the hope that something might happen, not with any certainty that it will.

Gray would have been useless in this kind of game I think. Again it would have been in a hopeful sub as opposed to a sub you turn to knowing something will happen to change the nature of the game.

Severe lack of depth hinders us in these moments where we're on a downward slump. There's not enough players in the team to dig in deep and grab something out of nothing. Whether it's first XI or on the bench. I saw very little passion and hunger to at least draw the game when losing which is probably one of the most concerning things for me right now.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

People with memories of Taylor when we were flying, will be pretty concerned, however this still isn’t that bad. We are health, team is young and not a junior Lewis in sight 

Was thinking that but I reckon we'll finish higher than 13th

Just now, lcfcdotell said:

Blip? I’m sorry this isn’t a blip anymore lol. We’ve been so bad since early December. The gap after this weekend could and probably will be down to 6 points. Sorry I’m not positive after that but this squad doesn’t have the mentality to fight. 

Yes it's a blip. Every other team has had similar dips in form. Chelsea, United, Arsenal to name but a few, who have had similar results. United now back on track and steaming towards Chelsea, who haven't been consistent themselves, hence why we haven't been caught yet. 

We've had a massive fatigue issue, that is clear. But with key players returning from injury and other players having been given vital rests when required, we'll find outr form and finish positively. Our next 5 will give good results and we'll do enough to secure Europe. 

Give our very young squad a break. They have been overachieving and punching well above their standard season. That is an exhaustive process. 

Keep The Faith (copyright 2014)

• Like 2

Yes it's a blip. Every other team has had similar dips in form. Chelsea, United, Arsenal to name but a few, who have had similar results. United now back on track and steaming towards Chelsea, who haven't been consistent themselves, hence why we haven't been caught yet. 

We've had a massive fatigue issue, that is clear. But with key players returning from injury and other players having been given vital rests when required, we'll find outr form and finish positively. Our next 5 will give good results and we'll do enough to secure Europe. 

Give our very young squad a break. They have been overachieving and punching well above their standard season. That is an exhaustive process. 

This young squad stuff is such rubbish. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Rubbish. Stop making excuses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blabyboy said:

the cirlce is complete, the rot started at Norwich last year, it ends tonight. We'll get better from now on (plus it's feb and we're always crap then)

I'm getting on board with this. 

Because if I wasn't, the only alternative would be 'seriously concerned' 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I agree with the sentiments of the whole post but there's no point having Albrighton on to try and pick players in the box when there is only 1 player there. And that player being Iheanacho who, let's face it, is not renowned for aerial ability against big lumps like Hanley and other defenders occupying that space. And if anything, based on today, you're only gonna have 1 other player in the box being Barnes or perhaps a late run from a midfielder but we didn't even have that today.

Albrighton coming on was just a throw of the dice in the hope that something might happen, not with any certainty that it will.

Gray would have been useless in this kind of game I think. Again it would have been in a hopeful sub as opposed to a sub you turn to knowing something will happen to change the nature of the game.

Severe lack of depth hinders us in these moments where we're on a downward slump. There's not enough players in the team to dig in deep and grab something out of nothing. Whether it's first XI or on the bench. I saw very little passion and hunger to at least draw the game when losing which is probably one of the most concerning things for me right now.

Can't disagree with any of that.

We lack plan B. Games like today we really miss having a Steve Howard type player to get the ball into and hold the ball up to link up the play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheffield_fox said:

All the joy has gone from watching football recently. **** VAR

Not just VAR, I've never been so pissed off as I have recently. And that's mad considering we are 3rd in the premier league! But I'm pissed off because I know this group of players is capable of so much more than the shite weve seen over the past 3 months! Honestly feels at times like some of the players dont give 2 ****s whether we win or lose! 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Rubbish. Stop making excuses

Expect better from you Col. I hate this place in times like this. Have you all forgotten where we've come from!? We're bloody third in the Premier League! Bloody Dreamland! 

The lads are punching well above their expected standard. We have enough in the tank to finish the job. 

:nigel:

It is though? Majority of the “youngsters” are 23, is that really young? In football terms? How many games have Chilwell, Ndidi and Maddison played in the Prem? Iheanacho isn’t exactly a youth prospect. There’s about 5 or 6 younger squads in the league 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, dylanlegend said:

We’ve had bad luck recently but even without VAR we look clueless currently. Big mistake not making a top signing in Jan. In previous years we’ve had YT, Ndidi, Huth to lift the team... this year we signed Ryan Bennett

At this rate we'll be playing Top on the left wing

12 minutes ago, nettle said:

I still don't understand why we didn't buy any wingers in January and I mean proper wingers because Barnes and Perez definitely aren't. At least Harvey tries to go outside the fullback sometimes but both players would prefer to play more inside if you ask me. 

You can’t unless you part with stupid money, which we can’t do unless we fancy getting the same treatment as Man City. Any kind of investment in the side has to be clever with us, we’ve fallen foul of needlessly spending before. Parez hasn’t worked out as we would have liked and Barnes is still raw and learning. I can’t imagine Rodgers sitting there pre season hoping Perez is crap so he can **** the fans off. Things collectively haven’t been good enough recently, but then again we have too many players who are out of their depth and it’s showing. To be a top team you need more players than not playing well, at the moment we don’t have that, further investment is needed and it will come with time. We aren’t in a position to go and spend mega millions, it’s going to have to be done over a few seasons, if we by some miracle finish in the top four this season then we’re well ahead of schedule and will be in an amazing position to strengthen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Expect better from you Col. I hate this place in times like this. Have you all forgotten where we've come from!? We're bloody third in the Premier League! Bloody Dreamland! 

The lads are punching well above their expected standard. We have enough in the tank to finish the job. 

I think people are just expressing what they think, as is their right on a football forum.

The football we’ve been playing now for many weeks is pretty dross. God knows what has happened to Chilwell and Maddison, both actually now adequately experienced in the Premiership.
We WERE punching above our weight, but the lack of form has been dramatic such that we now look a very very average Premiership side.

And (here’s the important bit), a ‘blip’ is a short-term deterioration. This has been going on for too long now to be ‘a blip’

• Like 1

Long long overdue but Chilwell needs to be dropped. Just poor. Been like that for the whole season. Allowed another pass in from his side for the goal.

About time to drop Maddison too. He has never been the creative messiah people claim he is - his final ball is not good enough. He has potential and has the right ideas but he needs to be dropped. I would try Tielemans and Praet as the combination can work well. Having Maddison there means Tielemans is not as effective.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

You can’t unless you part with stupid money, which we can’t do unless we fancy getting the same treatment as Man City. Any kind of investment in the side has to be clever with us, we’ve fallen foul of needlessly spending before. Parez hasn’t worked out as we would have liked and Barnes is still raw and learning. I can’t imagine Rodgers sitting there pre season hoping Perez is crap so he can **** the fans off. Things collectively haven’t been good enough recently, but then again we have too many players who are out of their depth and it’s showing. To be a top team you need more players than not playing well, at the moment we don’t have that, further investment is needed and it will come with time. We aren’t in a position to go and spend mega millions, it’s going to have to be done over a few seasons, if we by some miracle finish in the top four this season then we’re well ahead of schedule and will be in an amazing position to strengthen.

Even a loan player from abroad would have been good, look at Youri last season. 

1 minute ago, lcfcdotell said:

It is though? Majority of the “youngsters” are 23, is that really young? In football terms? How many games have Chilwell, Ndidi and Maddison played in the Prem? Iheanacho isn’t exactly a youth prospect. There’s about 5 or 6 younger squads in the league 

Yes and they are all well below us. We are overachieving, that is exhausting.

We've simply burnt out, partly because we don't have enough quality in depth in the squad to give key players the rest they need and partly because it genuinely is exhausting playing at the level we've played for half the season. 

Man City have leap frogged us because they have the strength in depth to now bring in squad players to cover for injuries or fatigue. Likewise Chelsea will probably do the same. Below that though, other teams are having the same type of results and inconsistency as us, due to the same issues we have. Spurs (Injuries and fatigue, no strength in depth), Sheff U (Exactly the same issue), Wolves (Same Again), United (Same again, although I think their transfer window business will give them enough to get Europa). Other teams around us have been no better. It's the nature of this league.

Always has been like this after December, teams at the bottom playing for their lives and teams at the top struggling for form after fixture congestion. Luckily we have no Europe this year to add to our fatigue, where as the Champions League teams have the knock out stage now coming up. 

2 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Yes and they are all well below us. We are overachieving, that is exhausting.

We've simply burnt out, partly because we don't have enough quality in depth in the squad to give key players the rest they need and partly because it genuinely is exhausting playing at the level we've played for half the season. 

Man City have leap frogged us because they have the strength in depth to now bring in squad players to cover for injuries or fatigue. Likewise Chelsea will probably do the same. Below that though, other teams are having the same type of results and inconsistency as us, due to the same issues we have. Spurs (Injuries and fatigue, no strength in depth), Sheff U (Exactly the same issue), Wolves (Same Again), United (Same again, although I think their transfer window business will give them enough to get Europa). Other teams around us have been no better. It's the nature of this league.

Always has been like this after December, teams at the bottom playing for their lives and teams at the top struggling for form after fixture congestion. Luckily we have no Europe this year to add to our fatigue, where as the Champions League teams have the knock out stage now coming up. 

Spurs, Sheff utd and Wolves have all strengthen in the transfer window and we sign Ryan fooking Bennett. 

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I think people are just expressing what they think, as is their right on a football forum.

The football we’ve been playing now for many weeks is pretty dross. God knows what has happened to Chilwell and Maddison, both actually now adequately experienced in the Premiership.
We WERE punching above our weight, but the lack of form has been dramatic such that we now look a very very average Premiership side.

And (here’s the important bit), a ‘blip’ is a short-term deterioration. This has been going on for too long now to be ‘a blip’

As my other post points out. All other teams around us are as inconsistent. Not quite as much ATM but earlier in the season they were worse, hence our big point gap (as it was). 

Maddison needs to be further up the pitch. Once we get N'Didi back in form, he'll get his freedom back. He's been shackled by defensive duties recently.

Chilly I admit is looking poor, not sure what's going on there, teams have worked out to force him onto his weaker foot and he only seems to know to cut back as a result. I'll give you that one, Fuchs looks the better option ATM. 

• Like 1