Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Barnes getting some stick but he was the only player who actually drove at them and was brave enough to have some efforts on goal. The rest look petrified of even trying.

True I said the other week when wolves bought adama on how we could do with a player like him we have no players who can run at players!!!

1 minute ago, sdb said:

Barnes getting some stick but he was the only player who actually drove at them and was brave enough to have some efforts on goal. The rest look petrified of even trying.

Feel for Barnes, he really lacks an end product, but at this stage of his career he shouldn’t be relied on to play and perform to the highest level for so many games, should have brought a winger, and use Barnes sparingly, as not to damage his progression

• Like 2

At the start of the season  we would have been over the moon with 6th place Europa League and a couple of Cup runs.

We would have been out celebrating if we

Secured 6th on the laxt day of the season.we have been seduced by a bit of new manager bounce and some luck along with a very favourable run of fixtures.

We are Leicezter city we are on the up

For gods sake remember Peter the Taylor or Frank Mclinctock.

We are Lucky to be where we are

Chilwell probably the worst of the bunch but Maddison turned in whats becoming a pretty par-for-the-course performance from him, not bad as such but completely ineffectual. I quite like Ayoze but he doesn't half enjoy "doing the hard bit" then shagging it.

I thought Ricardo was alright and Barnes (bar a few wanky potshots) offered an outlet, at least.

Fuching dreadful. The likes of Chilwell, Hamza and Tielemans have regressed massively. Even the likes of Maddison and Vardy haven't been great. With a small squad like ours, when you have so many players out of form, you get the team we currently have, slow, ponderous with little confidence. Very worried we're not going to finish in a CL place. 

Beaten by our split colours, not good.

Could say VAR has been harsh again but surely we should be able to create some sort of opportunity which doesn't involve bouncing off an arm or being marginally offside. These are brief moments in a game and the rest of it we're clearly lacking enough to win the game, or even score currently.

Why is Vardy out again? Wtf is going on randomly losing main players right before KO.

I'd understand if there was a lul after getting tonked by Man City & Liverpool the other month which made it clear we're not in that class yet, but we should've sorted this form out by now with some of our players being anonymous since early December. We had the winter break, we had other performances which required answers, we're still seeing consistent bad form.

Champions League will be a fading dream if we don't snap out of this, points are quicker at the top of the table and teams will nab it off us if we don't perform.

Just now, cropstonfox said:

At the start of the season  we would have been over the moon with 6th place Europa League and a couple of Cup runs.

Secured 6th on the laxt day of the season.we have been seduced by a bit of new manager bounce and some luck along with a very favourable run of fixtures.

I get what you're saying, but expectations are allowed to change with the passing of time. The situation now is completely different to that in August.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Actually I could see this side doing quite well in europe, ironically, as they seem built for European football, problem is they not built for premiership football.

Blimey - you are way too kind! Imagine Bayern Munich and the like toying with that shower of shite...

I would say we would have had at least 5 more points since December had we had the option of a plan B like a Slimani or Ulloa but have little faith that Brendan would have utilised them anyway. 

My word he is stubborn, I rate him highly but he needs to lose the ego

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

We didn’t do enough to win it. As I recall ihanachos disallowed goal was the only shot worth bothering about.

Iheanacho had the goal ruled out but he also blazed a shot over from 6 yards out 

praet hit the post 

perez should have done better with his header and at least got it on target 

hamza and Evans both had free headers at corners 

Just now, cropstonfox said:

But the reality is we are not.

We are a team that was doing really well until they got some limelight.

Madders has been shocking

Chillwell shocking

Perez shocking 

Vardy shite since december

I cant be arsed anymore.

Let's just not have any ambition and let's just appreciate being a team that hovers around middle of the table.

Let's not get excited or want to get champions league football.

Let's be happy we are 3rd and only for 11 points in 12 games.

Let's just accept that at the end of the season if we got 6th we would be well happy

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blue-fox said:

Very very poor. We need a major shake up. Every other winger this season has had a run apart from Marc, maybe it’s time he gets 3/4 games starting out wide. Push Ricardo up to the other wing. Fuchs and JAustin at fullback. 

Albrighton is poor. I don’t rate Perez at all but Albrighton is worse. We need a new winger .

• Like 1