Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

People with memories of Taylor when we were flying, will be pretty concerned, however this still isn’t that bad. We are health, team is young and not a junior Lewis in sight 

slightly different in terms of where we are now investment, wages, players, infrastructure 

11 minutes ago, Criggers said:

It was disallowed for the handball by Nacho. But from what I could see, maybe I’m wrong, it hit the Norwich guys arm first and then bounced on to Nachos hand?

So if you’re going to take it back for a hand ball at least make it the first offence. It was cause and effect.

No, you are not wrong. It came off the Norwich defender's hand first.

• Like 1

Can't see where the next goal is coming from....

Such a waste of time going at the moment. I hadn't yet bought Birmingham tickets and now just can't be bothered. 

Awful. All the ball and no idea at all. Deserved to lose. Starting to dislike a lot of our players again now. Too many go missing. 

• Like 1

Can't really question the commitment. Every player in that starting 11 worked hard. We just lack any innovation. 

It's so obvious and easy to predict what we will do with the ball when we are attacking. Ideally we really needed a new face in january to freshen things up and add that something extra.

• Like 1

We just now need to battle and be difficult to play like most of the bottom half teams to be fair to get enough points to remain in the top six. Trouble is we aren’t that sort of team. 

Players are way short of confidence for some reason and we’re short of a killer mentality that’s needed at these times. Lack of Jan signings just to freshen the team and mix up the squad could have helped but we did not do that. 

I’m actually fearful of losing to Birmingham now given the nature of our performance and attitude after this shambles tonight.

6 minutes ago, Criggers said:

It was disallowed for the handball by Nacho. But from what I could see, maybe I’m wrong, it hit the Norwich guys arm first and then bounced on to Nachos hand?

So if you’re going to take it back for a hand ball at least make it the first offence. It was cause and effect.

If it was deemed to have hit the Norwich defenders arm first I don’t see how bringing it back for a free kick is an advantage to us surely the goal would just have been given instead 

2 minutes ago, lcfcdotell said:

You’re absolutely right to think we’re playing european football next season 

Fixed it for you. It's a blip. Every team has had one this season, Liverpool aside. That's why this league is the best in the world. No guarantee of points.

Imo this game was one of the toughest of the next 5. They have to get points to keep the dream alive. Fighting for every single point. Other teams coming up have less to play for. We'll get enough points to see it through. 

N'Didi back and Vardy back next week. We'll come good again. 

Got to believe in this young squad! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Hands up those who proclaimed in the autumn that this team was better than the one that won the title!

Guess you’re feeling a bit silly now, right?

They were playing better football, I would've certainly have rather watched us then.

But that team had a steel and a desire to not give in- they lost one game in the New Year in the last minute having been down to ten men for 40 minutes. They got crucial late goals and put everything on the line.

This team doesn't have that.

25 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Marc is more likely to play the pass to split their defence. Gray would be innaffective against two banks of four. He is a runner, runs between the lines and into the gaps, which there wouldn't be any. Marc can whip in that penetrative pass, just a shame there was no one making any runs. 

Couldn’t disagree more. Gray is more likely to get you a goal. All Albrighton can do is run, useless footballer.

• Sad 1

I still don't understand why we didn't buy any wingers in January and I mean proper wingers because Barnes and Perez definitely aren't. At least Harvey tries to go outside the fullback sometimes but both players would prefer to play more inside if you ask me. 

• Like 3

Just now, frany104 said:

Couldn’t disagree more. Gray is more likely to get you a goal. All Albrighton can do is run, useless footballer.

Couldn't disagree with you more. Gray can't defend for toffee, making us more likely to concede on the counter and when was the last time he scored? 

As stated, no gaps for him to run into, therefore he is actually less likely to get you the assist you need. 

Albrighton more likely to pick out a player in the box. Correct decision. 

Guest An Sionnach

Collective poor form points at one man only , it always has and it always will . We have the players , we all know that. My issue is our lack of strikers and our reliance on Vardy. Slimani should have been retained in the squad.

4 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Hands up those who proclaimed in the autumn that this team was better than the one that won the title!

Guess you’re feeling a bit silly now, right?

Literally was thinking this earlier. Said at the time that this team haven’t done anything yet, pressure comes and the mental strength just isn’t there. Something which the title winners had in spades. Along with fight and desire, if not the technical skill. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Fixed it for you. It's a blip. Every team has had one this season, Liverpool aside. That's why this league is the best in the world. No guarantee of points.

Imo this game was one of the toughest of the next 5. They have to get points to keep the dream alive. Fighting for every single point. Other teams coming up have less to play for. We'll get enough points to see it through. 

N'Didi back and Vardy back next week. We'll come good again. 

Got to believe in this young squad! 

Blip? I’m sorry this isn’t a blip anymore lol. We’ve been so bad since early December. The gap after this weekend could and probably will be down to 6 points. Sorry I’m not positive after that but this squad doesn’t have the mentality to fight. 

References to puel ball feel quite accurate 

If we're going to play possession football, we need to break teams down with our passing and movement, and we did this at the beginning of the season.

But I'm struggling to recall the last time we managed a goal by playing through a team. Lots of chances when we steal the ball and the opposition players are out of position, but not much happening when we're faced with a team in its defensive set. 

Or is it my selective memory? 

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Couldn't disagree with you more. Gray can't defend for toffee, making us more likely to concede on the counter and when was the last time he scored? 

As stated, no gaps for him to run into, therefore he is actually less likely to get you the assist you need. 

Albrighton more likely to pick out a player in the box. Correct decision. 

This one really has to go to …. VAR!

Just now, Corky said:

They were playing better football, I would've certainly have rather watched us then.

But that team had a steel and a desire to not give in- they lost one game in the New Year in the last minute having been down to ten men for 40 minutes. They got crucial late goals and put everything on the line.

This team doesn't have that.

Spot on. The title-winning team played with fire, guts and passion. This one alas is full of lily-livered prima donnas.

I've said it before, The balance of the team is wrong and until we get that right we'll continue to struggle. Too many players are not committed enough.

Every player in the Norwich team who came forward created something. Yet when we had possession we created nothing. The players need to have s serious talk with themselves.

• Thanks 1