Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

You can see Rodgers is not very happy in the after match interview, he knows we are lacking confidence in the attacking third...it's time for him to earn his pay rise!  Loosing Ndidi and the drop off in form by Vardy has hurt us as we don't have a squad with the quality to replace these two.  I just hope that this will work its way through and we will find some form....or we will be the usual Leicester City and screw it up(prem league win aside)!!

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Remember when people thought this side was better than the title winning one? Seriously fed up of smoke being blown up arses before anything's been achieved.

This forum is packed full to the rafters of folk like that. You happen to say Leicester aren’t very good, you just labelled as a WUM. 
I really hope the tinters wake up this morning and smell the coffee! 
Brendan has been found out,much earlier than we would have hoped and really is at as critical time in his career. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

This forum is packed full to the rafters of folk like that. You happen to say Leicester aren’t very good, you just labelled as a WUM. 
I really hope the tinters wake up this morning and smell the coffee! 
Brendan has been found out,much earlier than we would have hoped and really is at as critical time in his career. 

I’m not sure about being found out? The run is a bit concern but he is playing with largely other managers squads still.

If we blow the top 4 and and have a crap start to next season I would agree but st this point I won’t.

The fact that last night could well have had Puel on the sidelines tells you it wasn’t all about Rodgers last night.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Think we need to go 3-5-2 from here on out. We're not controlling the midfield area and I think we need 3 players in there to win the battle. Whatever combination of players BR has picked in a 2 just hasn't been getting the job done recently.

We already have three in midfield, we lost the semi final against Villa playing 3-5-2 in both legs.

Guest An Sionnach
6 hours ago, Guest said:

Well, that and the small matter of his having brought us to this position in the first place. If we hadn't had such an outstanding first half of the season then of course he'd be getting a lot more shit...but we did have an outstanding first half of the season, under his management. If this form continues for much longer then I assure you the criticism will be anything but limited.

Yes but is he looking more and more like the grand old Duke of York.

6 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

I give up. Too many entitled people on this forum these days. You have no idea what poor form looks like or you have forgotten.

I appreciate the best run of form the club has ever had. I've enjoyed the ride this season. I know that all teams get dry patches. I know we'll come good.

And if we don't, you know what, we'll build and learn, as we have done under these owners, and we'll be stronger again next year, as we have been every year since they took over. Our current points total will already lead us to our second highest finish in the Prem, that's assuming we get no more points at all. Progress each year is what I expect and this year has gone beyond what any of us could have expected.

Sadly, we do still know.

Since the start of the year, we've had two wins, two draws and four losses in the league. There's nothing positive about that. Chelsea are creeping up on us, and so are the teams behind them.

We need a win soon.

Lost in the League Cup semi-final against a mediocre Villa side, because we simply weren't up for it. Yesterday's game reminded me a lot of that match.

It's just history repeating since mid-December mostly.

We are on a poor run of form and some of the individual performances really grind people's gears, players consistently playing below their usual best.

If there was any better time to play us in the FA Cup as Birmingham City, this is the moment. We look bereft of any sort of creativity, desire, hunger or energy. Most of our young starlets look completely lost at times on the pitch, lack impact, can't influence a game positively any longer. It's as if they're done for the season.

Such an attitude is unforgivable.

And that's why it hurts even more.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Actually I thought barnes was positive

Yet we seem to have issues that arent being sorted...

...man city showed how you have to fight a bus with circulating players doing one touch

... we can pit the balm in earlier if players charge up when 5he ball goes wide 

... we need a new goalkeeper 

We really need to get a formation and stick with it for the rest of season, we seem to be stuck in a position where our previous patterns of play are not working as we dont seem to know where our next pass is. This obviously slows down the play. 

Whether its 3-5-2 or 4-1-4-1, we need to get youri and madders back up the pitch. They are too easy to defend with how deep they are dropping. We need to pin teams back and they need to start scoring while vardy is not at his best.

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

All he had to do in the second half was move Perez to the centre to hold the ball up, bring on Albrighton for hamza and told them to attack Norwich as they were there for the taking, we looked like we were playing for the point 

Totally agree with this, Nacho played well but plays better with someone next to him & Perez is lost on the wing in these games.

Teams are showing us more respect than Man U and the likes now and sit deep, we can't continue to play with a lone striker being covered by 3 players, this applies to Vardy to a degree also although he is better at pulling them around but it still means we don't have anyone in the box when he drags wide.

• Like 1

Difficult to know where to start... We don’t work hard enough any more.. it seems an effort for some to get back and defend.

Our creativity has gone missing. It doesn’t help that our first thought is to go sideways when in possession.

Maddison is a shadow of the player in the early part of the season. Likes to look pretty on the ball but no drive about him any more..

when we go behind, we seem to accept the result.. No urgency in getting the ball forward quickly.. it’s still tippy tappy.. Get some big centre backs in the box like the old days and make the opposition work harder.

• Like 3

To tell the truth I haven’t got a clue as to what’s gone wrong. But I hope there won’t be any knee jerk reaction from our owners should this slump carry on. They do tend to be slightly trigger happy. 

What I would say though, and I realise it’s pure conjecture, but you look at some of the players we’re linked with and it doesn’t fill me with much confidence of having real ambition. 

I'm just disappointed with the lack of heart and passion in playing for their shirt. If they had played their socks off and lost it would be easier to take. I felt more positive last game as at least they tried and worked for one another. I definitely sensed tensions and unrest last night and frustrations boiling over. I bet it was an interesting journey home for them!

Edited by Hales
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

So we've now drawn 4 and lost 7 out of our last 14 games against PL sides (including cup games v Everton and Villa). That sounds awful but reviewing what actually happened paints more of a nuanced picture:

Everton away (Cup) - played them off the park for 70 minutes but lost our way in the last quarter before ending up with a draw thanks to a last minute worldie equaliser.

Man City (away) - totally outclassed on the day but they are a brilliant side.

Liverpool home - ditto

Southampton home - lucky to get away with a 2-1 defeat. Bad.

Burnley away - we were by far the better team in all respects but scoreline. Arguably our 2 most effective players of the season cost us - Vardy missing a pen to make it 2-1 and Evans making pretty much his only mistake of the season to gift them the equaliser.

Villa (Cup) home - we weren't amazing but their keeper was man of the match and they scored with their only shot on target in 90 minutes.

Villa (Cup) away - their keeper had the game of his life (the save from Youri was frankly insane) before we lost to practically the last kick of the game. Officials missed an obvious penalty for us.

Chelsea home - thought we edged the game but conceded 2 soft set piece goals to end up drawing. Officials again missed what looked a pen for us at the end.

Wolves away - dull and uninspiring performance but a point there is a good one.

Man City home - played okay, officials screwed us over. Draw would have been a fair result.

Norwich away - just awful. Slow in possession and sloppy in defence. Certainly didn't deserve to win but still think on the balance of play a defeat was harsh. Just our luck at present that some guy who has never scored a league goal suddenly turns into peak Roberto Carlos to win it for them.

When you review these games I'd say the only ones that we were clearly second best in were Man City away, and Liverpool and Southampton at home. In all of the others we could have easily got more than we did out of the games. That gives me hope that things will turn for us at some point. Maybe I'm deluded, though!:)

Good assessment!

Confidence has been shot - the number of times our players heads dropped last night was worrying. Even Ndidi did it a few times when he misplaced passes and he only came on after 60 minutes!

Is anyone in our team in form now? Maybe Kasper and Evans, possibly Ricardo. Everyone else has dropped 10-20%.

It would be a massive shame to bottle Champions League football now but if we keep playing like we are, we won’t deserve it. 

We are are desperate for the next 3 points!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

So we've now drawn 4 and lost 7 out of our last 14 games against PL sides (including cup games v Everton and Villa). That sounds awful but reviewing what actually happened paints more of a nuanced picture:

Everton away (Cup) - played them off the park for 70 minutes but lost our way in the last quarter before ending up with a draw thanks to a last minute worldie equaliser.

Man City (away) - totally outclassed on the day but they are a brilliant side.

Liverpool home - ditto

Southampton home - lucky to get away with a 2-1 defeat. Bad.

Burnley away - we were by far the better team in all respects but scoreline. Arguably our 2 most effective players of the season cost us - Vardy missing a pen to make it 2-1 and Evans making pretty much his only mistake of the season to gift them the equaliser.

Villa (Cup) home - we weren't amazing but their keeper was man of the match and they scored with their only shot on target in 90 minutes.

Villa (Cup) away - their keeper had the game of his life (the save from Youri was frankly insane) before we lost to practically the last kick of the game. Officials missed an obvious penalty for us.

Chelsea home - thought we edged the game but conceded 2 soft set piece goals to end up drawing. Officials again missed what looked a pen for us at the end.

Wolves away - dull and uninspiring performance but a point there is a good one.

Man City home - played okay, officials screwed us over. Draw would have been a fair result.

Norwich away - just awful. Slow in possession and sloppy in defence. Certainly didn't deserve to win but still think on the balance of play a defeat was harsh. Just our luck at present that some guy who has never scored a league goal suddenly turns into peak Roberto Carlos to win it for them.

When you review these games I'd say the only ones that we were clearly second best in were Man City away, and Liverpool and Southampton at home. In all of the others we could have easily got more than we did out of the games. That gives me hope that things will turn for us at some point. Maybe I'm deluded, though!:)

I agree. We could and should have had more points and decisions go our way. Not every performance has been relegation standard if we're honest. 

But if anything, the above shows the inconsistency we're experiencing now. Struggling to break teams down and create/finish chances. Partly due to being sussed out. We're now known as a possession side which fundamentally can be easy to defend against jt you have the patience within the side (as the opposition) - sit back get us on the break. 

Our ideology of boring the opposition in to submission doesn't work any more. We don't control games like we used to and we now need to find a way to get that control back. 

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Another thing- Andy Hinchcliffe's view of the Buendia dive, actually praising him for acknowledging he threw himself over when no tackle was even attempted rather than criticising his blatant effort to con a referee, was incredible.

Hinchcliffe is a prize A twit.  I'm still recovering from his pro Villa semi love in where JG was on par with Messi & anything LCFC did was just OK or should do much better.  His bias is unbelievable.  Bring back Smudger or Carragher.

Unfortunately, I agree we were poor last night.  No point to possession based football if our final third play is diabolical or powder puff.  Chillwell & Maddison may think they're Robero Carlos or Zidane & their next moves are already signed/sealed but they do actually need to perform from Xmas to May.  I appreciate Madders is a nice chap but does he really need to clap the Carrow Road faithful before taking a corner?

As for Hamza - what a shocker he had.  Jogging around but totally ineffective, we might as well have started with just 10 men.  As soon as Wilf came on he made 2 challenges in 10 seconds.

Hopefully BR isn't a one trick pony & can actually motivate the player's to get back to their one touch forward passing game.  I'm grateful for the team I support (despite ranting above) but I don't want this season to disintegrate into a farce of "who came 5th in a 3 horse race".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I'm no rocket scientist but I know how we can change that.

STOP PISSING ABOUT WITH THE BALL SIDEWAYS AND BACKWARDS IN FRONT OF OUR OWN PENALTY AREA AND MOVE FORWARD ACTUALLY GETTING THE BALL IN THE ATTACKING THIRD!!!

Ok so lets get Neil Warnock in and go route one then!!  It is not FM or Fifa.  The players are trying to get it forward but there is a lack of execution and poor choice with the final ball.  Lumping the ball forward is not the answer. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Couldn't disagree with you more. Gray can't defend for toffee, making us more likely to concede on the counter and when was the last time he scored? 

As stated, no gaps for him to run into, therefore he is actually less likely to get you the assist you need. 

Albrighton more likely to pick out a player in the box. Correct decision. 

He picked out the crowd about 5 times when he came on. One good cross very 8 weeks doesn’t make you a good crosser of the ball. Gray runs at players and commits them. Something that apart from Barnes we don’t have in the team. Your comment about gray not defending is odd too, we were losing 1-0, we need a goal. His job wouldn’t be to defend. 

• Like 1