Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

But the reality is we are not.

We are a team that was doing really well until they got some limelight.

Madders has been shocking

Chillwell shocking

Perez shocking 

Vardy shite since december

I cant be arsed anymore.

Let's just not have any ambition and let's just appreciate being a team that hovers around middle of the table.

Let's not get excited or want to get champions league football.

Let's be happy we are 3rd and only for 11 points in 12 games.

Let's just accept that at the end of the season if we got 6th we would be well happy

Have you been listening in on Brendan’s pre-match teamtalk?

I can accept the VAR disallow of the goal because the rules is any kind of handball is a disallow. That’s the rule not VAR.

What I cant get my head around is that it hit the Norwich geezers arm first. So it should be a Leicester free kick. Disallow goals according to the rules but don’t just stop at that decision if there is more to it.

Other than that complaint about VAR we were shocking. A bit clueless, don’t move the ball with purpose. Afraid to attack or take on defenders. When they attempt a dribble it’s when they’re alone and there isn’t anyone in support. Wingers only seem to receive the ball with backs to goal and under pressure. Easy for the opposition.

How come our counter attacks seem to start 3 on 2 then then end up 2 on 5 a few seconds later? So many times were attacking (even with a minute to go) and Maddison is back on half way when Barnes falls over to give the ball away.

Just infuriating watching sideways passing, wing backs not making runs and then retreating. So much pointing going on without giving players options (yes I’m looking at you chilwell). You see players going to make a run. Then stop, check their run and go backwards only for the through ball to go on and it becomes a literal pass to their defender.

Chilwell isn’t great at the moment, I understand he’s better than this but his mistakes are so ****ing obvious and in the worst areas of the pitch he is literally inviting the criticism.

I’m not ungrateful or over reacting. It’s just frustrating watching such a good team underperform so badly and not really understanding why.

Watching a good team play badly is far more infuriating than watching a consistently shit dross team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest bss9401

Ironically it was Norwich who sussed us out and we snowed no ambition or sense in January as options were clearly needed.

The only way we will qualify for the CL on current and recent form is if the last 10 games are cancelled because of the Coronavirus.

11 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Nobody is worse than Perez. 

He's dreadful. Out of his depth..a stain. 

The 'good' thing about Perez though is his consistency - as in consistently average.

With Gray (or even Albrighton), you never know what you are going get - piss poor, poor, average or moments of brilliance.

2 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Ironically it was Norwich who sussed us out and we snowed no ambition or sense in January as options were clearly needed.

The only way we will qualify for the CL on current and recent form is if the last 10 games are cancelled because of the Coronavirus.

I'm sort of hoping that's the case after that performance!

• Haha 1

Tbh, I've spent my entire life hoping to be a half decent but vaguely frustrating upper mid table top division side. 

Regardless of results and as much as I'm aickened, I like watching Wilf, Ricardo, vards, Maddison, Evans and Soyuncu...all amongst the best I've ever seen play for us.

Will.still go bed sickened though. 

Facking yellow green carrot munching relegation eastern Europe gypsy delia not fit to play in our reserves shite

• Thanks 1

Warning signs are now full frontal. Our whole approach seems to be far too lightweight and our style is too clever by half. We overplay to the point that it reminds me of Wenger’s Arsenal. Should never have lost that tonight but contrived to do just that. 

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778
1 minute ago, Shah johns said:

I may be missing something but...I know we all laugh about it but not (sean from wherever) posting the team an hour before it’s official released pissed anyone else off ?

It has no benefit to us whatsoever and if anything can only help opposition teams if anyone catches wind of the team being leaked days before every single game.

I feel like there is tension and frustration dividing them. Evans pretty much shoved chilwell into the right place to defend and soy didnt seem to want to pass to him even when chilly was in space.  Kasper looked mega peed off and frustrated with them all.  Ate they frustrated with the youngsters? Tension building? It didnt seem a happy confident team tonight. Shockingly different from the man city game where they all helped one another.

Nothing new for this club but what a bizarre season. 

If we crawl over the line and claim a top 4 spot then it will be fvcking incredible but also slightly weird knowing that for the best part of 3 months we have been toothless, clueless and not really interested 

I just wish we would finally stop ****ing around with the ball along the backline and trying to play our way out on goal kicks etc.  We aren't Man city or Liverpool FFS.  Our players aren't capable of that.  It gives away more goals than it creates FFS.  Change the way we play if it's not working!!!

37 minutes ago, Shah johns said:

I may be missing something but...I know we all laugh about it but not (sean from wherever) posting the team an hour before it’s official released pissed anyone else off ?

That's not why we keep losing. Perhaps topic for another day (albeit one that I have no personal issues with), but let's quit clutching at straws. 

Edited by NaijaFox

In the 78 minute, the ball was crossed into their area and we only had ONE player in the box. Chillwell, so predictable. Gets the ball, runs down the wing, slams on the brakes and passes backwards. Utter shite. Happy New Year....feck off.

You know its bad when the opposition scorer is J.Lewis.

Edited by sishades
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Criggers said:

I can accept the VAR disallow of the goal because the rules is any kind of handball is a disallow. That’s the rule not VAR.

What I cant get my head around is that it hit the Norwich geezers arm first. So it should be a Leicester free kick. Disallow goals according to the rules but don’t just stop at that decision if there is more to it.

Other than that complaint about VAR we were shocking. A bit clueless, don’t move the ball with purpose. Afraid to attack or take on defenders. When they attempt a dribble it’s when they’re alone and there isn’t anyone in support. Wingers only seem to receive the ball with backs to goal and under pressure. Easy for the opposition.

How come our counter attacks seem to start 3 on 2 then then end up 2 on 5 a few seconds later? So many times were attacking (even with a minute to go) and Maddison is back on half way when Barnes falls over to give the ball away.

Just infuriating watching sideways passing, wing backs not making runs and then retreating. So much pointing going on without giving players options (yes I’m looking at you chilwell). You see players going to make a run. Then stop, check their run and go backwards only for the through ball to go on and it becomes a literal pass to their defender.

Chilwell isn’t great at the moment, I understand he’s better than this but his mistakes are so ****ing obvious and in the worst areas of the pitch he is literally inviting the criticism.

I’m not ungrateful or over reacting. It’s just frustrating watching such a good team underperform so badly and not really understanding why.

Watching a good team play badly is far more infuriating than watching a consistently shit dross team.

My feelings exactly.. I get really annoyed that good attacking situations break down by going sideways or more usually back. What happened to the free flowing football we saw in the first half of the season?

• Like 1

Grim. As against Man City, the reaction to conceding was absolutely horrific. Chilwell for their goal produced the single most half-arsed bit of defending I think I've ever seen, totally unacceptable. Choudhury is nowhere near up to scratch and none of the wingers in our squad should realistically be anything more than rotation options. Champions League chasing team desperate for a goal bringing on Marc Albrighton, **** me. 

It's a massive concern how mentally fragile we seem and how easily we roll over when things don't go our way. 

Positives: Wilf is back, Iheanacho took his non-goal very nicely and I don't recall seeing Kasper shank a pass straight to an opposition forward, which is refreshing.

As an aside, I can't remember ever watching Craig Pawson referee a game and coming away thinking he'd done anything other than a really pathetic job. What a smarmy **** he is. 

• Like 3