Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

Surprised Perez is getting the brunt of the criticism tonight. May just be fashionable to immediately point the finger to him but was he the worst on the pitch tonight? I don't think so.

Chilwell for me was worst of the lot. Not sure how he comes away from the game with any credit or positives. Right from the start he looked lost and confused and just not ready for anything. 

• Like 3

Just now, NaijaFox said:

That's not we we keep losing. Perhaps topic for another day (albeit one that I have no personal issues with), but let's quit clutching at straws. 

I do agree totally but it can’t help, but is a leak that should not be there. On to the next.

• Like 1

Just now, st albans fox said:

Why was gray on the bench if the plan was to bring on Marc chasing a goal ???

v strange .....

Marc is more likely to play the pass to split their defence. Gray would be innaffective against two banks of four. He is a runner, runs between the lines and into the gaps, which there wouldn't be any. Marc can whip in that penetrative pass, just a shame there was no one making any runs. 

4 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Ultimately we only have one team. And worryingly it's

Schmeichel

Ricardo

Soyuncu

Evans

Chilwell - woefully out of form

Ndidi - Injured lately

Maddison - Out of form

Tielemans - Out of form

Perez - Never really in form

Vardy - Out of form

Barnes - Hmmmm

Is it any surprise we're not able to score goals? Look at the bench who is there to bring in? Absolutely nobody. Why we seemed happy to only swap two CB's in January I don't understand for the life of me, it could easily cost us European football next season.

We have to get the fringe players in...Barnes,Perez have had their run in the side. Chilwell Now questionable,because Hes been dithering when moving forward,

He was so much on the front foot before December...

Maybe just maybe,now with Ndidi,coming back we might see more of our midfield...

We seem to get pushed into being passive...we are not putting on any pressure and being dominant in midfield,against the mediocre teams.

We have forgot how to boss it...Norwich,A.Villa(cup),Burnley,Southampton ,were given too much room and space....

We have forgot how to make the 2nd ball ours..!!

In and around the box,Barnes isnt clinical enough,I Don t Think he went once to the bye-line in the 2nd half..

Today I would have been Happy with a point..

Chilwell Not competing to cut out the cross,Ricardo,not Standing up to the shot,instead turning his back...seen to that...

Its all These players,that have got us where we are this season,so the passive Performance within the players,can only resolved,by the players....

I am sure even Rodgers is asking where has that bite gone....!!!

Praet Stopped Making his runs into the box,and we allowed too much football to be played behind us in midfield...!!!

Maddison's game was far Too deep,majority of the 2nd half....

12 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

It has no benefit to us whatsoever and if anything can only help opposition teams if anyone catches wind of the team being leaked days before every single game.

But it's never been "leaked days before every single game".

I realize our poor run of form is understandably causing a fair bit of irritation, but when we were rattling off 8 wins in a row, we stuck with the basically the same starting XI and anyone with half a brain could guess our lineup "days before every single game." 

Absolutely shocking. We have easily finished top 4 every single season in our 136 year history. Now we may not finish top 4!

Can anyone remember the last time we didn’t finish top 4? I’m sure that has never happened.

Sack Rodgers and Chilwell. Both useless and bring in Peter Taylor as manager and Junior Lewis to play left back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

v strange .....

Seems the Leicester way. Both Perez and gray are actually centre forwards but for some reason we persist in playing them as wingers and Marc is a winger who we now expect to play a roaming position behind the striker. 

Guest seanfox778
2 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

But it's never been "leaked days before every single game".

I realize our poor run of form is understandably causing a fair bit of irritation, but when we were rattling off 8 wins in a row, we stuck with the basically the same starting XI and anyone with half a brain could guess our lineup "days before every single game." 

My bad, I always thought it was always in the pre match thread a couple of days before. You're right though, I wouldn't care if we were winning, I don't really care now, just so annoyed after this evening.

12 minutes ago, Criggers said:

I can accept the VAR disallow of the goal because the rules is any kind of handball is a disallow. That’s the rule not VAR.

What I cant get my head around is that it hit the Norwich geezers arm first. So it should be a Leicester free kick. Disallow goals according to the rules but don’t just stop at that decision if there is more to it.

Is that the rules? Am I being daft? I thought that if the ball had been deemed to hit the defenders hand then the goal would stand not be brought back for a free kick to us 

It appeared to me that the goal was ruled out for a hand ball by Kelechi as Norwich got the free kick to insinuate that 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

v strange .....

Our wings are definitely an area the manager doesn’t trust which is why I think we should switch to the 3-5-2 for the next few games. Ricardo is better than Marc, Gray and Perez rolled into one down that right side. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chown said:

Absolutely shocking. We have easily finished top 4 every single season in our 136 year history. Now we may not finish top 4!

Can anyone remember the last time we didn’t finish top 4? I’m sure that has never happened.

Sack Rodgers and Chilwell. Both useless and bring in Peter Taylor as manager and Junior Lewis to play left back.

Personally, at the start of the season, I was hoping that we crack the Top 6 and make it into Europe. That would have been a big step forward for me. 

However, having been in the Top 4 for as long as we have, and with our destiny practically firmly in our own hands, if we do not finish in the Top 4 it would be a MASSIVE CHOKE! 

• Like 1

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Personally, at the start of the season, I was hoping that we crack the Top 6 and make it into Europe. That would have been a big step forward for me. 

However, having been in the Top 4 for as long as we have, and with our destiny practically firmly in our own hands, if we do not finish in the Top 4 it would be a MASSIVE CHOKE! 

I agree, it would be, the games we have coming up we should get the points to secure it... so hopefully Rodgers can sort it out fast 

Form comes and goes I get that, players dip up and down over the season, yep no problem with that. 

But what has happened to the simple things we used to do so well, work rate, quick and forward one touch passing, high press from minute one.

Confusing time no doubt 

Another thing- Andy Hinchcliffe's view of the Buendia dive, actually praising him for acknowledging he threw himself over when no tackle was even attempted rather than criticising his blatant effort to con a referee, was incredible.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Is that the rules? Am I being daft? I thought that if the ball had been deemed to hit the defenders hand then the goal would stand not be brought back for a free kick to us 

It appeared to me that the goal was ruled out for a hand ball by Kelechi as Norwich got the free kick to insinuate that 

It was disallowed for the handball by Nacho. But from what I could see, maybe I’m wrong, it hit the Norwich guys arm first and then bounced on to Nachos hand?

So if you’re going to take it back for a hand ball at least make it the first offence. It was cause and effect.

13 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Shoot everyone down for wanting the best for Leicester.

You maybe someone who lacks ambition but I want Leicester to be the best they can be I want us in the champions league.

Not a team riding middle of the table.

Quite frankly, the children-of-a-lesser-god mindset on FT can sometimes be baffling. However, I have over the course of the season made my peace with it and now basically keep my hopes/ambition for City primarily to myself.

• Like 1