Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

2 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Couldn't disagree with you more. Gray can't defend for toffee, making us more likely to concede on the counter and when was the last time he scored? 

As stated, no gaps for him to run into, therefore he is actually less likely to get you the assist you need. 

Albrighton more likely to pick out a player in the box. Correct decision. 

Just a shame that's the choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

If it was deemed to have hit the Norwich defenders arm first I don’t see how bringing it back for a free kick is an advantage to us surely the goal would just have been given instead 

They can’t give the goal as it hit nachos hand. Rules say it’s no goal if it touches the hand. But 0.2 seconds before it hits nacho it comes off the Norwich arm. Nacho handled it because of that Norwich handball. So what im saying is if you disallow the goal then why resume play with a Norwich free kick. Surely a Leicester free kick would be right.

It’s as if they said “Norwich hand ball, advantage Leicester. Oh no you hand balled it so free kick Norwich.” Makes no sense to me.

I’m just arguing the semantics of VAR is all. It’s got nothing to do with the performance though so it’s kinda irrelevant. I just don’t understand the point of reviewing decisions/incidents and then not using the info that is clearly there on the screen.

Either the goal stands as it was illegally bounced onto nachos hand, or it’s a Leicester free kick for the first hand ball.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I disagree, I thought they were shit and we just let them have the game. As someone has already said, a bit of basic running behind the defenders, combined with some better movement and we might have scored. Plus if Chilwell wasn't such a waster we'd have had a point.

Absolutely. I don't see players running into space. Whenever a fullback has the ball it honestly looks there is the only side to side pass because no one is in space. Slows us right down

• Like 1

A couple of different Liverpool supporters down the pub told me earlier in the season when I was gloating about our performances, told me that Brendan Rodgers doesn't know how to change a game midway. That is what furiated Liverpool supporters the following season after they almost won the league by blowing it. One blamed him for them losing the season when he did not know how to change their slide in final push. Sounds pretty familiar.

1 hour ago, trabuch said:

I'm back from the pub - so apologies, but I am going to spill my bile.

Rodgers has to do better.. He used Puel's team very well for a while, but as soon as he's been given anything to think about he has failed. He HAS to be able to get those players playing better than we saw tonight. If Vardy is injured- Nacho needs someone with him - eg Perez - who isn't a winger.. Tielemens may be off form, but he is still one of our genuinely class players and at 50% he is better than most. I don't know - I'm pissed. 

The team needs confidence. Maybe we need Pearson's psyche team (that Ranieri removed) back in.

I am not even convinced Vardy is injured, oddly he stated Vardy "will" be back next week, which is an odd statement to make when someone is injured.  Vardy has been off it since his baby was born.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I am not even convinced Vardy is injured, oddly he stated Vardy "will" be back next week, which is an odd statement to make when someone is injured.  Vardy has been off it since his baby was born.

I think you're reading too much into it. You hear this a lot when it's a minor injury from a manager. You're looking for controversy where there isn't I think. 

Just to add as well...it was a great strike by iheanacho for his goal that was disallowed!

The worry for me is the lack of of clear chances we created. It's so poor, where earlier in the season we looked so dangerous every time we moved forward. Just can't put my finger on why it's changed so dramatically. They look like different players and very lost. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Puel played boring negative football all of the time!! No comparisons in quality. He also never got us in the top 4 and never had us ever looking like a side that could make Europe. 

How we are now, with a form that would put us in about 9th place. Is the best we saw from Puel. We're pretty much garunteed to finish (even if form does stay lacking) to finish well above any position Puel got us to. 

We havent finished the season yet, its  brave man to predict we will finish top 4 at the moment.

We have been quite negative probably since the liverpool game, in addition we are in a clear downward spiral.  I tend to look at things as a momentum so e.g lf we had lost our first 10 games but then won the second 10 games, I would look at that as positive, whilst if we had won our first 10 games, and lost our 2nd 10 games, I would look at that as negative, even tho it would be the same points tally, the reason been the latter would suggest a regressing team.

So yes we are 3rd, we do have a decent points haul, but the way things are going right now is quite bad, I remember a certian manager who started well, and we ended up been relegated as we wouldnt shake off the downturn off form.  

Rodgers needs to prove now that the good start was not just piggy backing on the system that puel had set up, the people that hate puel seem to think we were playing massively different in our good run, we were not, it was just our movement in the final 3rd was more organised which made us a lot more clinical.

I dont remember watching a puel game where we were so bad as this game, and also the liverpool and man city games.  He struggled to break down defensive teams but we always looked like we were competitive in every game.  It doesn't feel like that right now.  Norwich were looking the more likely to score from an early point in the game, we had a good 5 min spell at start of second half and that was it.

The team looks lost.

Norwich had a clear way of playing and they stuck to it, ourselves, one minute we hoofing it, the next we passing around (or trying to), we taking many pot shots at goal now instead of the top draw attacking moves we made earlier in the season.  Also yet again we failed to close down the opposition.  These are all problems that are getting worse on a game by game basis and rodgers seems either unwilling or unable to address it.

We did look somewhat better with ndidi on the pitch though, hopefully with him back now things will improve.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 3

We've not been that good for creating chances all season. There's actually very little invention in our side. We seem to play at one particular pace and when it comes off, you can't really stop us, but when you do find a way to stop it we're absolutely utterly clueless, we are genuinely appalling at applying pressure, it's just keep the ball, move it side to side (because we're that worried we'll lose it) and eventually just cross the ball to nobody. It's like Puel all over again.

We're not all that in truth. We are a good 3/4 players off being CL level in a normal season. I'm just hoping the others continue to trip up - but **** me Spurs and Man Utd will smell blood after that showing.

• Like 1

When is our next game folks. I want us to get back to winning ways again and hopefully look back on this slide as a temporary regression that was haulted. Surely these players and the coaching staff have some better ideas than what we have seen so far??

47 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Remember when people thought this side was better than the title winning one? Seriously fed up of smoke being blown up arses before anything's been achieved.

Dan actually believe this team is technically better, but league winning side had so much more grit, determination and passion.

Just now, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Dan actually believe this team is technically better, but league winning side had so much more grit, determination and passion.

It is technically better no doubt but on just about every other aspect it's weaker. There's naivety about us that shouldn't exist now - even if this team is young, it isn't inexperienced anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, that was a game to contradict so many opinions of the team.

Hamza, Chilwell, Maddison, Perez, Praet, Barnes all off, no team can can do well with over half the team under-performing like they did last night.

Every Maddison corner he looked up, raised his hand and kicked it in with no purpose.

A confident team would be looking at mixing it up with routines and practiced set-piece alternatives, but no...let me lump this in, yawn. I thought this was quite insightful to the teams approach at present. 

We turned into a mid-table team that lacked so much after Iheanacho's disallowed goal, we played like the classic "on the beach team" thereafter, strange.

I thought the first half was fine, seemed to be working to plan, but the second was hard to watch, what is this pattern?

We assume Brendan will sort it out, but he's gonna have to look on here for inspiration for some actual seriously brutal changes. 

7 hours ago, nettle said:

Podence who wolves got, Eze from QPR. 

Question. Do you genuinely think if we had either of these two players it would have made a serious difference to last night? You can’t  just go buying players and splashing cash out in January willy nilly. We’ve got the playing squad they just need to pull their finger out and start playing to at least half of their potential. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

I thought his whole interview was a bit odd, including the part about Vardy's injury which he seemed unclear about and was making up on the spot. 

• Like 1

It's like we think we deserve to beat teams so it'll just happen rather than going out on the pitch and proving we're better. 

Haven't even noticed maddison for a while now, I dont think his heads here anymore. I really hope I'm wrong but hes just getting stuck in anymore or commanding the ball and driving forward. 

We obviously need wilf back and the summer needs to bring in proper wingers that know when to release the ball and when to shoot. We have one winger that doesnt want to be out there and one that is only really interested in shooting. Demari gray mk.2. 

I just hope this acts in a way it did for Southampton getting embarrassed when we beat them 9-0.

No disrespect to Norwich but that was an embarrassment last night and perhaps might act as a wake up call to where we are as a team and give them all a kick up the backside.

I'm sick of hearing the excuses from management, players and fans since December, we're been awful during these last few months, take some responsibilty, have a little bit of honesty, stop papering over cracks and burying your heads in the sand otherwise we'll continue to be poor.

On the other hand are certain players really bothered? Hear me out. The type of players who are using us as a stepping stone and want these nig dream moves to Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, if we make Champions League it makes it harder for them to justify a move and god forbid them having to stay at Leicester.

Edited by Matt

7 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

When do we ever turn up the tempo? I haven't been excited watching us in months.

Genuinely just as bored watching this side as I was that one, if not more.

I think it is worse for me this time around as our squad is way better, so it is dull and insanely disappointing. 

• Like 2

Was sat in the hotel bar next to the ground after and Brendan’s interview was subtitled. The suspense I felt when the words “I felt we played” and the next work didn’t appear for 10 seconds was horrible. The fact the word was appeared after that was “ok” is baffling.

We are so pedestrian, everything one pace until it gets to Barnes and he runs into the opposition.

Maddison, Chilwell and Perez are putting in honking performance after honking performance and we look odds on to bottle Europe.

• Like 3