Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

Norwich Post Match Thread

12 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I'm not sticking up for puel...I said he was shite.

And the best run the club has ever seen? Did you see the 15/16 season?

Peter Taylor had a pretty good run for us as well.

Rodgers really needs to start earning that wedge hes getting now.

🤣 Did you really just try and claim Peter Taylor's run was anywhere near what we are doing now? 

15/16 we had a similar points tally in December,(in fact at one point we were beating our 15/16 points tally) but that year we had been knocked out of the League cup and a month later had also dipped out of the FA cup. If Liverpool hadn't have been doing so well we'd have been first for most of the first half of this season.

We also had a slight dip in form mid season that season too. In fact we are only 6 points less than that season now. (Take away some dodgy VAR decisions the last few weeks and we'd still be on the same points as 15/16 at the same point of the season)

Perspective is necessary.

Screenshot_20200229_002114_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Foxhateram

6 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Nah. I bet you Podence wont make much of an impact for Wolves.  No way Eze is stepping up to Prem quality just yet. 

You've asked for suggestions and I've given you them but obviously they're not good enough. But hey I take it you think Ryan Bennett a good signing then? I suppose he was cheap😂

• Haha 1

It was poor from us again tonight. Need to seriously look at what has stopped the players playing the ball quickly. We only did it once or twice tonight and the minute the tempo rises, we look dangerous. Take nothing away from norwich though, they worked their socks off. Buendia did not stop running and impressed with cantwell too. 

Just now, nettle said:

You've asked for suggestions and I've given you them but obviously they're not good enough. But hey I take it you think Ryan Bennett a good signing then? I suppose he was cheap😂

Because they aren't good enough to make our squad better. No point signings players just for the sake of it. Neither of those suggestions are better than what we've got. Especially not a Championship player who is very similar to Barnes/ Maddison in terms of his form in the championship and style of play.

Bennett adds extra depth to the squad in case of injury to Evans or Cags. That is all he got him for. Hense a loan instead of a permo.

Just now, Foxhateram said:

Because they aren't good enough to make our squad better. No point signings players just for the sake of it. Neither of those suggestions are better than what we've got. Especially not a Championship player who is very similar to Barnes/ Maddison in terms of his form in the championship and style of play.

Bennett adds extra depth to the squad in case of injury to Evans or Cags. That is all he got him for. Hense a loan instead of a permo.

Ok Brendan I'm off to bed now thanks for the insight I really appreciate it. I hope you can turn the form round soon. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Because we already have the resources we need. To strengthen our squad (which is already far better than theirs) in January would cost radiculous money. 

We invest only when we think a signing is going to make a significant impact to the team. A player like that is unlikely to want to join us at this moment in time. In the summer, with Champs league garunteed, we will get much better value for money and better players.

Absolutely spot on! Until then, we have a really talented bunch of very young players that Rodgers inherited. It is down to him imo after all his media blarney to step up to the plate.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

If this was Puel side, he’d be getting slaughtered. 

No because despite poor form, when we do turn up the tempo we look dangerous and exciting. Under Puel I'd never say that. Also Puel never got us anywhere near where we are now and in fact we have more points already, than Puel had managed to get in a whole season in 17/18.

Screenshot_20200229_002904_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

Like a lot of teams that have a good first half of the season, second time round teams have learned what we did against them (and others) first time round and adapted to stop us, and to test our weaknesses when they attack.

What we should have been doing is evolving and not standing still trying to play the same way.

BR is looking like a one-dimensional Manager, as he has failed to find another route to win any games when teams stop us delivering on our Plan A.

It’s primarily on him. Whilst agreeing that some players are performing terribly.

I don’t look forward to travelling to games anymore, it’s like having to endure a game, rather than enjoy it,

Who came fifth in a three horse race, ********** Leicester City

4 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

No because despite poor form, when we do turn up the tempo we look dangerous and exciting. Under Puel I'd never say that. Also Puel never got us anywhere near where we are now and in fact we have more points already, than Puel had managed to get in a whole season in 17/18.

Screenshot_20200229_002904_com.android.chrome.jpg

When do we ever turn up the tempo? I haven't been excited watching us in months.

Genuinely just as bored watching this side as I was that one, if not more.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

If this was Puel side, he’d be getting slaughtered. 

i'd be against puel honestly if that was today. but taking VAR into account you cannot blame rodgers too much imo. it (VAR) heavily influences to many games you don't even realise. not counting today btw lol 

Edited by don_danbury

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

When do we ever turn up the tempo? I haven't been excited watching us in months.

Genuinely just as bored watching this side as I was that one, if not more.

If you weren't entertained by the Man City and Villa games (despite poor results for us, both thanks to VAR), then I'm not sure football is for you. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

when we do turn up the tempo we look dangerous and exciting

Which we have largely failed to do since before Christmas. Of course all teams go through spells of poor form but by my reckoning ours has lasted about two and a half months, and you can't say we're offering much in the way of compelling evidence that we're about to reverse it. I admire your unflinching optimism but I don't see how you can look at some of these performances, both individual and collective, and not be pretty seriously concerned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really poor performance and result. Still not sure what Perez brings to the side and unfortunately the mere sight of Chilwell annoys the fukk out of me.

Evans, Soyuncu and Ricardo the only consistent performers all season.  Bring back Ndidi, Fuchs and Tielemans for Choudhury, Chilwell and Perez.

The blip has turned into the norm.

• Like 1

I watched the game. It's clear from the rear view that the ball did not touch Ian's hand. Var and more importantly the lack of decision making from the on field ref has cost us a goal.

For all of those complaining about our mental fragility, you need to understand that the players and fans no longer understand the rules of the game they are playing. We have a team of players that are constantly knocked by a series of bemusing and incorrect decisions. Any professional person would struggle to overcome the constant setbacks being faced this season.

Hopefully we can ride out the bizarre mess of a season being created by the referees association. But if this is the future of football then I doubt it's a sport that I will stick around with for much longer!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

If you weren't entertained by the Man City and Villa games (despite poor results for us, both thanks to VAR), then I'm not sure football is for you. 

Villa was entertaining but for the wrong reasons- we let them bully us, make it physical and knock us off our game so it was closer than it should have been. We should have battered them over 180 minutes.

The Man City game didn't do it for me either, despite a slightly better performance than usual.

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Which we have largely failed to do since before Christmas. Of course all teams go through spells of poor form but by my reckoning ours has lasted about two and a half months, and you can't say we're offering much in the way of compelling evidence that we're about to reverse it. I admire your unflinching optimism but I don't see how you can look at some of these performances, both individual and collective, and not be pretty seriously concerned.

I'm not concerned by several performances over the period you quoted. I am frustrated by other performances I agree. But without dodgy VAR decisions, we would have got positive results at Man City and Villa (a cup final) as well as tonight. 

We've burnt out slightly and with injuries to N'Didi (who is huge for is), Vardy and clear fatigue to Tielemans and Maddison. We've struggled. Vardy returns rested next week and N'Didi comes back in. We'll pick up and do enough to get top 4. No doubt about it. 

In Brendan we trust. 

3 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Villa was entertaining but for the wrong reasons- we let them bully us, make it physical and knock us off our game so it was closer than it should have been. We should have battered them over 180 minutes.

The Man City game didn't do it for me either, despite a slightly better performance than usual.

Each to their own. I enjoyed the end to end action at Man City. We've got to go all out with that formation for the remainder of the season in my opinion.

Now we've got N'Didi back, I don't see why we can't start giving our attacking players more freedom again. 

2 hours ago, SydenhamFox said:

We seem too static up front. Not enough runners giving incisive options. Because of the lack of that we are playing Puel keep ball with no teeth. We HAD teeth. Where have they gone?!

Couldn't agree more. Nobody wanted to run beyond the Norwich defence or into the channels. Watching Barnes and Chilwell in the second half passing it 'to me, to you' when all they needed to do was pass and run past the defender for an easy 1-2 summed it up.

Iheanacho kept dropping short, Perez is clearly not right for this sytem, Barnes is unreliable and then we have the static midfielders who simply want to play sideways and backwards and nobody is running into space. 

Even if Vardy was playing it would have made no difference.  

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Each to their own. I enjoyed the end to end action at Man City. We've got to go all out with that formation for the remainder of the season in my opinion.

Now we've got N'Didi back, I don't see why we can't start giving our attacking players more freedom again. 

Hope so mate. Honestly thought we would get back on track tonight.

• Like 2

Just now, Ted Maul said:

Hope so mate. Honestly thought we would get back on track tonight.

Norwich fighting for their lives. Way they played tonight reminded me of us in the great escape season. No pressure, nothing to lose. They poured men forward on the counter, fair play to them.