Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

PANIC

3 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Is it Puel ball, or are our players just playing at their normal levels without a manager bounce? In fact it might be worse as we cant even control possession anymore.

When Rodgers took over, the players was saying how the intensity in training had changed, and the obsession with the high pressing game.

I think our small squad are now suffering with Brendans pressing game, and rigorous training sessions.

Does he talk much these days about the high press these days?, I rarely hear it nowadays, that’s why I mentioned Puel ball, we have reverted back to that style 

• Like 2

Just now, Anish said:

If this was a Puel performance we would be calling for the manager's head. This was another woeful performance. Nobody wants to run in behind or take a chance. We simply pass sideways and backwards but don't ever look like threatening their goal. Barnes and Chilwell have probably never played a one-two and tonight it was glaringly obvious that we have no attacking threat from any of our midfielders or attackers

Good to know I'm not the only one that see that, we going back to backward build up its pointless, it says to the other team we are not a treat, you might as well just take you chances which what teams are doing week in week out

, its hard to see where our next win is coming from. 

20 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

If I hear one more comment of "but we are still 3rd" I'm gonna explode! This is BAD! we are in real trouble. we are running out of games and no run of form to build on. It's desperate football at best. We are going to blow this whole season. Rogers has to be put the sword now in his post match interviews.

The fact we’re running out of games is the one positive I’m clinging to.

The shit is serious now. We've been papering over the cracks for weeks, but the cracks we saw today are just too ****ing huge to ignore them.

Too many players have been underperforming for too long and the disease, whatever it is, doesn't want go away. Even Ricardo looks like he's on a downward spiral recently. We're folding like origami. It's very alarming.

Ok, so the counter attacking football or the style we used to play stopped working, we had to adapt, fair enough.

The passive, sideways, backwards, slow build up shite has erm, never worked, ever, so when do we stop with that?

The sooner the ****ing better, please!!!

Players have no excuses now, Puel was loathed and a terrible man-manager so they could hide behind that with their crap performances, Rodgers has been universally praised for his man-management and tactical nous so start playing well again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Anish said:

If this was a Puel performance we would be calling for the manager's head. This was another woeful performance. Nobody wants to run in behind or take a chance. We simply pass sideways and backwards but don't ever look like threatening their goal. Barnes and Chilwell have probably never played a one-two and tonight it was glaringly obvious that we have no attacking threat from any of our midfielders or attackers

It felt a bit like a puel performance, very slow and predictable 

Just now, dayday said:

When Rodgers took over, the players was saying how the intensity in training had changed, and the obsession with the high pressing game.

I think our small squad are now suffering with Brendans pressing game, and rigorous training sessions.

Does he talk much these days about the high press these days?, I rarely hear it nowadays, that’s why I mentioned Puel ball, we have reverted back to that style 

What is this? Never seen it. We haven't had a pressing game under Brendan. We might do it in training but not in matches.

If we were pressing you would see our more forward players; the likes of Perez, Vardy, Iheanacho, Tielemans and Maddison doing a lot of running and potentially even some (no seriously) tackling. But we know they haven't been doing that.

We know through common sense that some of these players are lazy and that as a group they are not covering a lot of ground, closing down with intensity or even pressing that high up the pitch positionally. So where has this myth come from that we have a pressing game? is it from interviews?

We've done it in snatches now and again, as every team does, but not enough. Maybe if we started actually pressing, like we used to do when we were amazing, we might make it a bit more difficult for teams and easier for ourselves. At the moment we just want to do the hard things (like passing through a packed defence at walking pace with no one making any runs) and make them look even harder by doing them badly.

• Like 3

Despite us not scoring in three games, I think our problems are more defensive. Only Ricardo in our back line looks comfortable in playing out from the back with Chilwell, Soyuncu and Evans looking dodgy.

Also the amount of times we get done from back post crosses on both sides is concerning. The back 4 need to be a lot more tighter in the box as all our defenders are good defensively. 

I don't think we've been that bad going forward. We generally create good chances in most games but the killer instinct we showed earlier this season is missing. 

7 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

The shit is serious now. We've been papering over the cracks for weeks, but the cracks we saw today are just too ****ing huge to ignore them.

Too many players have been underperforming for too long and the disease, whatever it is, doesn't want go away. Even Ricardo looks like he's on a downward spiral recently. We're folding like origami. It's very alarming.

Problem is when one sulky player after the other drags others around them down.

And thus even the most consistent ones like Ricardo Pereira will suffer from the domino effect at some point.

This is where the manager usually steps in.

But little progress in the past three months either means Rodgers' talks have become ineffective or that the players just don't care anymore. Or both.

Which is equally worrying.

Definitely will blow the champions league if we don't start upping our performances and work rate. 

If I hear anyone say from the club that the players are tired I'll explode. Cos it is bollocks. 

We look found out in the current formation and tactics. 

Genuinely can see us losing all our remaining away games. Not sure who we'll beat at home either if the opposition continue to 'want' it more. 

Fortunate to get a draw at Wolves. Burnley, Southampton, Norwich, and Villa in the cup all wanted the win more than us. 

I said at the time our wins against West Ham and Newcastle were purely by default. Both those sides were woeful and we were only in second gear during both

• Like 1

Just now, jonny_wright said:

I back Rodgers 100% but he needs to start giving answers, to start dropping out of form players and to have another way of winning games, when we go 1-0 we really do look clueless 

We've looked clueless from the first kick in most games since December, we don't need to go 1-0 down to look clueless.

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

If I hear one more comment of "but we are still 3rd" I'm gonna explode! This is BAD! we are in real trouble. we are running out of games and no run of form to build on. It's desperate football at best. We are going to blow this whole season. Rogers has to be put the sword now in his post match interviews.

But we are still 3rd, lettuce 

1 hour ago, spacemunky said:

Pjanic would be a good signing.

Pjanic on the streets of London 

Pjanic on the streets of Birmingham

I wonder to myself..

Could life ever be sane again?

1 hour ago, Otis said:

This is where Rodger's earns his money, if he can't turn this around soon he's no better then any of our recent managers.

He need to be ruthless with the players, no sentiment.

Maybe a change of leadership on the pitch, we need an experienced outfield captain.... Evans.

you have a point but there’s no depth in the squad. He looks around and he’s got no game changers on the bench. 

Bring Fuchs in for the cup game please Brendan. 

47 minutes ago, Manini said:

It’s done. Stop panicking. It’s over. We had a good run but we are no way deserving of a top 4 spot. Sorry. 

At the minute you have to say this is true... we can’t live off the start of the season. If we dropped out of top 4 I wouldn’t feel hard done by at all... performances need to improve ten fold but we’ll still see Barnes and Pérez on the wings next prem game.

Just now, jmono84 said:

At the minute you have to say this is true... we can’t live off the start of the season. If we dropped out of top 4 I wouldn’t feel hard done by at all... performances need to improve ten fold but we’ll still see Barnes and Pérez on the wings next prem game.

Thank you mate. I feel like this is a view point that’s missed by some. You’ve got to weigh it up as a full season and we’ve been properly gash for quite a large period now. It’s not just coincidence. By no means is it a bad season, I’m not being spoilt, but it’s just so frustrating considering what we saw this team was capable of. 

If we finished 7th now I couldn’t complain on current form. But there would need to be a serious inquest because it just doesn’t stack up.