Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

PANIC

55 minutes ago, Manini said:

It’s done. Stop panicking. It’s over. We had a good run but we are no way deserving of a top 4 spot. Sorry. 

Bit strange to give up when we're 9 points clear and absolute worse case scenario 6 points clear after the weekend. Was a bad performance. It happens.

Even if we got into CL, we likely wouldn't get very far, being in pot 4 and not playing well against the top teams. A sustained European run is more likely in EL, but that means losing out on all that delicious CL money. Maybe we can scrape CL in 4th behind Man U and drop to the EL via the CL group stages.

:frantics:

5 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Bit strange to give up when we're 9 points clear and absolute worse case scenario 6 points clear after the weekend. Was a bad performance. It happens.

Nahhhh mate. Come on. I’m as positive as the next geezer but it’s just so obvious. 

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Nahhhh mate. Come on. I’m as positive as the next geezer but it’s just so obvious. 

We can turn it around. We still have the advantage. It's been a depressing run for sure. 

1 hour ago, Kitchandro said:

We haven't had a pressing game under Brendan. 

Where has this myth come from that we have a pressing game?

If we started actually pressing, like we used to do when we were amazing 

Which amazing?

Can't be Ranieri - Sat deep, didn't press, hit on the counter

Can't be Rodgers - 'We haven't had a pressing game under Brendan. Where has this myth come from that we have a pressing game?'

Who had us 'actually pressing, like we used to do when we were amazing'?

Puel? 

Shakespeare?

Big Nige?

Do tell.

I fear 5 wins from our remaining 10 games will now be the minimum requirement for a top 5 finish but even this might be beyond us unless we have a major upturn in form. We have opened the door to the chasing pack and our Champions League dream could be just that.  

Edited by SixtiesFox
  • Like 2

Just now, Stadt said:

We scored once and took one point of the worst team in the league. We’re devoid of ideas in an attacking sense currently

Can't help that none of our attackers can be relied on to take on/beat players 1v1 and actually create things. Gray won't, Albrighton won't, Perez won't, Vardy won't, Iheanacho won't. Barnes has the pace and directness to do it but seems better when he's got space to explode into rather than when he's actually got to face up to his man and go past him. If Tielemans and Maddison both aren't on it and can't get to work dictating the game and breaking the lines then there's basically no risk of us penetrating unless Ricardo runs sixty yards and skins everyone, which is a fairly big ask. We seem reliant on cute and precise passing but if the players we depend on to play those passes are out of sorts and the tempo is way down, it's not happening.

• Like 2

Pissed off that this was on a Friday as I work every Friday. But WHAT THE ACTUAL PHUCK is going on here ??????

The only time $HIT like this happens is when players aren't down with the manager !

Has Brendan pi$$ed some players off ????

PHUCK SAKE man.......

Went to work thinking, NORWICH ???? we'll shlt 'em.

Got home looking for highlights of our win........WE PHUCKIN LOST !!!! 

WHAT THE PHUCK IS GOING ON WITH OUR TEAM FFS ????????

Edited by easilee
  • Like 1

I think the lack of squad depth is our main problem, look at our bench and the theres not much that can change a game if plan A isn’t working. Where is gray? People slag him off but at least he’s a quick and direct winger, he’s more likely to change a game than albrighton (or matty ‘ouch, I think I’m injured again’ James) ffs

Our bench is so poor that Rodgers only uses 2 subs quite often, and when we’re losing to Man City we brought James on and gave Perez 1 minute to score (both also evidence of incompetent management on Rodgers part), we’re desperately in need of a pacey winger or 2 and a plan B striker in the summer

Basically we have been underperforming (or dare I say been slightly shite?!), since the last game against Norwich right through to this one against the same opposition, perhaps barring our performances when recently beating West Ham and Newcastle lately (as in 2020)! This against a team tonight with a goal difference that is as bad as ours is good....and with the Prem's leading goalscorer - albeit who was left out tonight because of injury no.3 of this season! It's turning out to be what can I say, a rather odd season to the degree that unless things change then even a 5th place finish might be starting to look like best case scenario......

8 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

If I hear one more comment of "but we are still 3rd" I'm gonna explode! This is BAD! we are in real trouble. we are running out of games and no run of form to build on. It's desperate football at best. We are going to blow this whole season. Rogers has to be put the sword now in his post match interviews.

Thank god we have Ian Stringer then. You've got more chance finding out whats in his sandwich filler than his thoughts on the the new handball rule.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Kitchandro said:

What is this? Never seen it. We haven't had a pressing game under Brendan. We might do it in training but not in matches.

If we were pressing you would see our more forward players; the likes of Perez, Vardy, Iheanacho, Tielemans and Maddison doing a lot of running and potentially even some (no seriously) tackling. But we know they haven't been doing that.

We know through common sense that some of these players are lazy and that as a group they are not covering a lot of ground, closing down with intensity or even pressing that high up the pitch positionally. So where has this myth come from that we have a pressing game? is it from interviews?

We've done it in snatches now and again, as every team does, but not enough. Maybe if we started actually pressing, like we used to do when we were amazing, we might make it a bit more difficult for teams and easier for ourselves. At the moment we just want to do the hard things (like passing through a packed defence at walking pace with no one making any runs) and make them look even harder by doing them badly.

I think your analysis is spot on, we have stopped doing what made us good.

I remember a game last season against Newcastle where we lost playing sideways football with nobody making any runs and it was all very predictable 

Rodgers came out and said you won’t see that again, he said when we don’t have the ball we will be pressing hard to get it back and when we have the ball we move the ball fast into spaces and create chances.

And that’s what we did, so why all of a sudden since the Norwich home game have we stopped doing the things that made us good, I don’t buy into people saying we have been sussed out.

21 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

you have a point but there’s no depth in the squad. He looks around and he’s got no game changers on the bench. 

Bring Fuchs in for the cup game please Brendan. 

But who's fault is that? We have the wealthiest owners we've had, yet we're still persisting with average players like Gray. But i understand the problem, "Game changers" want to play regular football not sit on the bench. But this is a problem most clubs have.