Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup Quarter Final Draw

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

And over the ten days that follow, even a decision that crowds are still allowed could easily be reversed ...... which makes me wonder if the wind is already blowing behind games being played behind closed doors after tomorrow’s meeting. 

...but why would this delay the kick off times being announced?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, fox in the sox said:

...but why would this delay the kick off times being announced?

...It shouldn’t but those taking the decisions are getting nervous and so reluctant to make their choices.

The while corona situation is changing so fast it‘s difficult to think where we will be in even just 24 hours.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Because they dont want people making travel arrangements which they then have to cancel a few days later with a possible financial hit 

Hahaha. That is absolutely, comprehensively, completely and thoroughly the last thing they care about, without a doubt. The thought will not have even crossed their minds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Hahaha. That is absolutely, comprehensively, completely and thoroughly the last thing they care about, without a doubt. The thought will not have even crossed their minds.

That’s never ever been the case around fa cup quarter finals - also, the bbc aren’t guilty  of what you are referencing.....

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

That’s never ever been the case around fa cup quarter finals - also, the bbc aren’t guilty  of what you are referencing.....

The same BBC who put on games such as Dulwich Hamlet v Carlisle, Exeter v Liverpool and Man utd v Arsenal on Friday or Monday nights, when they have a whole 48 hours of weekend to play said.matches. And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's many more examples of wholly inconsiderate scheduling. They also take days deciding on replay dates, when a decision could be made within hours of a replay being confirmed.

They do not care about fans at all, why would they. The delay on announcing a date is entirely in vogue with usual procedure, I would be in open mouth shock if possible shut downs due to corona virus came into their thinking.

47 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The same BBC who put on games such as Dulwich Hamlet v Carlisle, Exeter v Liverpool and Man utd v Arsenal on Friday or Monday nights, when they have a whole 48 hours of weekend to play said.matches. And that's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's many more examples of wholly inconsiderate scheduling. They also take days deciding on replay dates, when a decision could be made within hours of a replay being confirmed.

They do not care about fans at all, why would they. The delay on announcing a date is entirely in vogue with usual procedure, I would be in open mouth shock if possible shut downs due to corona virus came into their thinking.

I’m speaking about making an announcement of dates and then changing them or having something major and foreseeable affect those dates ...... when did the bbc ever do that ??

sky/BT can be accused of not caring but I’m not sure you can call out the beeb on that one 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I’m speaking about making an announcement of dates and then changing them or having something major and foreseeable affect those dates ...... when did the bbc ever do that ??

sky/BT can be accused of not caring but I’m not sure you can call out the beeb on that one 

Ah sorry understood, yes fair enough you are right on that, nothing springs to my mind.