Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

FA Cup Quarter Final Draw

15 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Yea at bloody 12.30 🤬

I know that is an unpopular KO time but it would minimise the time between Chelsea's CL match at Bayern and the game against us, which would be to our advantage. Suspect Chelsea will push back strongly against this KO time for that very reason.

4 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

I know that is an unpopular KO time but it would minimise the time between Chelsea's CL match at Bayern and the game against us, which would be to our advantage. Suspect Chelsea will push back strongly against this KO time for that very reason.

Exactly this, the earliest our game will be is Saturday evening. Newcastle vs Man City is nailed on 12:30 KO Saturday. Us Saturday evening maybe, 17:30 or possibly a really late slot like 19:45.

There are 4 television slots - 12:30 Sat, 5:30 Sat, 2pm Sunday 4:30pm Sunday.

Manchester United have to take one of the Sunday slots.

With neither Sheffield United or Arsenal playing midweek, the likelihood is they will take the 12:30 slot, but certainly one of the Saturday slots. With Man City playing Tuesday and Chelsea Wednesday, in the interest of fairness I can see Man City getting the 5:30 Saturday slot and us early Sunday. Hope i'm wrong as hoping for a Saturday slot.

3 minutes ago, Yes N'Didi said:

There are 4 television slots - 12:30 Sat, 5:30 Sat, 2pm Sunday 4:30pm Sunday.

Manchester United have to take one of the Sunday slots.

With neither Sheffield United or Arsenal playing midweek, the likelihood is they will take the 12:30 slot, but certainly one of the Saturday slots. With Man City playing Tuesday and Chelsea Wednesday, in the interest of fairness I can see Man City getting the 5:30 Saturday slot and us early Sunday. Hope i'm wrong as hoping for a Saturday slot.

Sheffield Wednesday at home to West Brom on the Saturday which means Sheffield United might have to play at home on the Sunday to avoid a clash 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, goody2028 said:

If Frank had anything about him he’d play the kids (more than he does now) for that Bayern game. 3-0 down all away goals not a chance of scoring 4 without reply. Hopefully he doesn’t see it like that and play full squad so knackered for our game on the Sunday. 

You're not out of the tie at 0-3. Very difficult yes but if you can score the first goal then it's game on.

I remember us being 2-0 down on aggregate versus Atletico Madrid at half time at home and thinking the tie was over because we needed three goals in a half against probably the best defensive side in the world. A Vardy goal on 61 mins and then we had a good few chances to score that second goal which then puts the tie on a tightrope. Atletico never felt they were through until injury time.

Lampard will definitely play his best side and see what happens against Bayern. 

10 minutes ago, Gerard said:

You're not out of the tie at 0-3. Very difficult yes but if you can score the first goal then it's game on.

I remember us being 2-0 down on aggregate versus Atletico Madrid at half time at home and thinking the tie was over because we needed three goals in a half against probably the best defensive side in the world. A Vardy goal on 61 mins and then we had a good few chances to score that second goal which then puts the tie on a tightrope. Atletico never felt they were through until injury time.

Your right their not out but as good as if both teams play like they did in the 1st leg. Chelsea couldn’t buy a goal and Bayern didn’t need to. Can’t see it changing in their own backyard but like you say they may prove me wrong, it’s a funny old game after all. 

35 minutes ago, Gerard said:

This, he has to, he's got a duty to protect the repuatation of the club, what if he throws out a team of kids and Bayern take 7 or 8 off them, the fans would be in uproar and rightly so.  Furthermore, is it fair on kids to be flung in like lambs to the slaughter at the Allianz, I wouldn't think so.

3 hours ago, Gerard said:

They haven't got a prayer of going through. They're 66/1 just to go through haha.

I actually think our draw is quite good really. I think this is Chelsea in a very beatable form.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Get the feeling that they’ve been asked to hold it subject to tomorrow’s government meeting

And over the ten days that follow, even a decision that crowds are still allowed could easily be reversed ...... which makes me wonder if the wind is already blowing behind games being played behind closed doors after tomorrow’s meeting.