Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

10 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Wondering if anyone can give me some information based on their experiences.

So my partner has to isolate as her grandma has tested positive and my partner had seen her after she’d had the test (periodic testing as part of NHS research, not due to symptoms etc). 

Since then, I’ve seen my partner. However, as we don’t live together, and she hasn’t yet had symptoms or a positive test result, I don’t have to self isolate. 

Did a test yesterday at 1100 at a walk in test centre. 

How long have others had to wait for their results? 

Is the response time affected by the outcome of the test? 

Cheers 

My test came back within 24 hours but that was some time ago now. I'd expect a couple of days. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

So my partner has to isolate as her grandma has tested positive and my partner had seen her after she’d had the test (periodic testing as part of NHS research, not due to symptoms etc). 

Since then, I’ve seen my partner. However, as we don’t live together, and she hasn’t yet had symptoms or a positive test result, I don’t have to self isolate. 

Cheers 

mines took less than 48hrs negative

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

What's going on with the tiers? Haven't heard anything about it and can't find anything online.

Fairly certain we'll be having another lockdown or shutdown in a few weeks, and we'll be getting blamed for it (You wanted to mix for Christmas etc.)

Announced tomorrow. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

My test came back within 24 hours but that was some time ago now. I'd expect a couple of days. 

10 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

mines took less than 48hrs negative

Thanks. 

They did say 24-72hrs but more than likely within 24hrs. Looked online but couldn’t find more than the NHS/Govt party line on it. 

'Welsh government is changing two-household Christmas rule into law

Earlier today First Minister Mark Drakeford said people in Wales are advised to limit their Christmas "bubble" to just two households - instead of the three agreed by PM Boris Johnson and the UK government.

But now, Mr Drakeford is putting that guidance into law - so if you're in Wales, it will be illegal to meet indoors with people from two other households over the festive mixing window.'

Coppers breaking up Christmas mealslol Glad my taxes are being put to good use!

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Earlier today First Minister Mark Drakeford said people in Wales are advised to limit their Christmas "bubble" to just two households - instead of the three agreed by PM Boris Johnson and the UK government.

But now, Mr Drakeford is putting that guidance into law - so if you're in Wales, it will be illegal to meet indoors with people from two other households over the festive mixing window.'

So Mr and Mrs Jones can cancel their plans to invite both his and her parents for Christmas dinner; they can't even has his parents on Christmas Day and hers on Boxing Day.  They can invite one set of parents while the other has to sit at home alone.  That's go down well.  (Especially in the north where there is a much lower prevalence.)  They'll need the new super-lockdown from 28th December to try and cope with the fallout.

Anglesey for example has barely more cases per head than Cornwall.

Edited by dsr-burnley

49 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

Cheers 

I had my test just after 10am on Monday. Positive result came through at midnight last night

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

They're digging a bigger hole every day which they're going to be unable to get out of. Who the fvck do these people think they are that they can create a law that infringes on people's civil liberties. The responsibility of catching the virus should be on the people who can catch it. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Fox said:

Cheers 

Took me and my son for a test at 1pm on Monday 30th November. My sons results came back the following morning at 9am, negative. I have still yet to receive my results...

Edited by Wrighty22
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So, how you feeling?

Not too bad, ta. To be honest I wouldn't have suspected COVID as I just didn't have the symptoms.

First started feeling a bit off colour on Saturday night, gradually got worse on Sunday and only felt really grim on Monday.

I'm definitely feeling much better now, just a bit nervous about being one of the people where the symptoms don't present fully straightaway.

Also, it's a bit sobering to know I'm carrying germs that have killed hundreds of thousands of people globally

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/chris-whitty-says-never-fully-19471011

He said: "Initially the vaccine will help to reduce the number of people who die from this disease, but we will need to keep the social distancing measures in place, because if we let go at that point there would be a huge surge and the people who are a bit below the highest risk groups would get infected in very large numbers, some would end up in hospital and some would die."

Social distancing is going nowhere, we'll still be doing it in 2022.

6 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Not too bad, ta. To be honest I wouldn't have suspected COVID as I just didn't have the symptoms.

First started feeling a bit off colour on Saturday night, gradually got worse on Sunday and only felt really grim on Monday.

I'm definitely feeling much better now, just a bit nervous about being one of the people where the symptoms don't present fully straightaway.

Also, it's a bit sobering to know I'm carrying germs that have killed hundreds of thousands of people globally

Hopefully you can adequately self-isolate and haven’t been too close to vulnerable loved ones recently. All the best. 

Side note, I’ve never been someone to jump on a bandwagon, and I didn’t at the time. However, in Jan I felt like I had flu. Then I had asthma symptoms for the following 6 months on and off. Random shortness of breath but at a concerning level where I was really struggling to breathe for upto a couple of hours at a time. Looking back that could’ve well been Coronavirus. 

Edited by Leeds Fox

4 hours ago, z-layrex said:

My trust is hilarious.

There is not one icu in the country that has looked after more covid patients than mine. We have been doing it non stop since Feb and still have staff getting really quite sick with it, including good friends of mine. Other London/SE trusts have all vaccinated their frontline staff such as Brigthon, Guildford, Kings, Royal Free etc, even my junior doctor sister in oxford has had hers. The Welsh trusts have all vaccinated their staff. Have we had any hint of being given the vaccine? Have we bollocks. Our CEO was very careful to leave that out of his email updates. Only vulnerable staff getting the vaccine until next year.

Which trust? 

On 15/12/2020 at 16:13, RowlattsFox said:

I'm sure they will bow to media pressure and reduce the number of households allowed to mix at Christmas. Probably to one other household. Lots of people getting their "I told you so" opinions out in the media  before January. I keep seeing comments about Germany/Netherlands having Christmas lockdowns yet both are allowing minimal mixing from what I can see. 

Nope.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/chris-whitty-says-never-fully-19471011

He said: "Initially the vaccine will help to reduce the number of people who die from this disease, but we will need to keep the social distancing measures in place, because if we let go at that point there would be a huge surge and the people who are a bit below the highest risk groups would get infected in very large numbers, some would end up in hospital and some would die."

Social distancing is going nowhere, we'll still be doing it in 2022.

Exactly.  Once the vulnerable have been inoculated, then the disease may or may not spread but its effects will be no worse than flu.  So far, in England and Wales, 1,324 people under 50 have died while suffering from coronavirus, and certainly a significant number were dying anyway.  This is in its first flush around the country where no-one has immunity - when all the over 50's and half the under 50's are immune, then it will obviously spread less virulently. 

On the other hand, the politicians' view of this won;t be that now we can reduce the rstrictionsl; it will be that now we must make the restrictions permanent in order to stop people dying of flu as well.

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Aye the risk might be low - doesn't stop the chance of a fine

Exactly, you never know what the neighbours might do.

Just to be clear- I don't have a problem with people meeting up over Christmas should we be allowed limited visits to other households either side of it. Why can't our "common sense" be applied to that?