Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

51 minutes ago, dsr-burnley said:

But how dangerous is it?  After all, the biggest simpleton knows that it has always been safer to stay at home than to drive about the country - but people still do it because the risk is low.  There is no doubt at all that if an old person sees their family at Christmas, they have a chance of dying.  But the unspoken alternative seems to be to imply that if they don;t see family members, they won't die - which of course is nonsense.  For about half a million grandparents, this Christmas is their last whatever they do.

And Yes that s the Crux of the matter really,isnt it !!  When Making that decision to Meet up or gather..!!ich

My 4 married children, since beginning of December,have or will only meet up with family,going to friends or other relations,neighbours has been postponed

One Daughter in Switzerland will Stay put..

One of my daughters & Family will only visit the hubbies family-side

My Wife & I will Stay with One of my Children & kids  for the Xmas-period whom have been tested this week .Plus we will see the other two on Another day.

All Children & hubbies/wife,wont be at work...No School or Kita. Only some walks. and necessary shopping. No other Shopping,Town visit  needed..I

Normally we all gather together for a couple of days,including relations...This year not..!!

Every Family has to make their own descisions..Location & situation will obviously vary,including last Minute Health worries....

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I’ve heard Leicester city centre will be kept in Tier 3, but all the other places will be moved to Tier 2. I’m taking it with a pinch of salt though, can’t see it happening. Hopefully it does though!

i would hope so as well, considering that most of the county was in tier 2 before the recent lockdown and have emerged from it in tier 3 which goes to show that either someone high up can't be arsed with Leicestershire or that having a lockdown doesn't actually work.

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just looked measles is 95% to be herd immunity but Polio is down to 80%. 

Pregnant women is forever a changing metric. Be fair to assume that the vaccination programme will take the length of a pregnancy 

about 12 million under 16s ... agree the pregnancy figure is an ever changing metric but still would exempt a rough guess of 2/3 million .. that's 15 million and then you have people that won't have it for there own personal or health reasons another 2/3 million so I would say around 20million won't have it, I could be wrong

So 130,000 vaccinated and only 2 reported reactions 2 it? And those 2 had a history of allergies? 

Decent figures tbf. Gonna be a ball ache to get to herd immunity levels if we're only rolling out 130k/week though eh. Especially if this vaccine does only give time limited immunity. Guess the rollout will come quicker in the coming weeks/months though. 

To hope! :beer:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

So 130,000 vaccinated and only 2 reported reactions 2 it? And those 2 had a history of allergies? 

Decent figures tbf. Gonna be a ball ache to get to herd immunity levels if we're only rolling out 130k/week though eh. Especially if this vaccine does only give time limited immunity. Guess the rollout will come quicker in the coming weeks/months though. 

To hope! :beer:

It'll ramp up significantly. The trusts down here only started jabbing today.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It'll ramp up significantly. The trusts down here only started jabbing today.

It will when the novelty's worn off and the vaccine that doesn't need to kept at -70 degrees comes online and we can produce enough of it. It will end up being like those diabetes jabs where you can self administer it.

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wales going into another lockdown on 28th December.

What's the definition of insanity?

Fair play to the Welsh government, their heroic mismanagement of the pandemic after insisting on going their own way is making Boris' government look credible 

• Haha 3

My trust is hilarious.

There is not one icu in the country that has looked after more covid patients than mine. We have been doing it non stop since Feb and still have staff getting really quite sick with it, including good friends of mine. Other London/SE trusts have all vaccinated their frontline staff such as Brigthon, Guildford, Kings, Royal Free etc, even my junior doctor sister in oxford has had hers. The Welsh trusts have all vaccinated their staff. Have we had any hint of being given the vaccine? Have we bollocks. Our CEO was very careful to leave that out of his email updates. Only vulnerable staff getting the vaccine until next year.

Edited by z-layrex
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wales going into another lockdown on 28th December.

What's the definition of insanity?

What's the quote? "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result"? lol

• Like 1

Wondering if anyone can give me some information based on their experiences.

So my partner has to isolate as her grandma has tested positive and my partner had seen her after she’d had the test (periodic testing as part of NHS research, not due to symptoms etc). 

Since then, I’ve seen my partner. However, as we don’t live together, and she hasn’t yet had symptoms or a positive test result, I don’t have to self isolate. 

Did a test yesterday at 1100 at a walk in test centre. 

How long have others had to wait for their results? 

Is the response time affected by the outcome of the test? 

Cheers