Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

11 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

That's all well and good but do you expect skilled NIHR research nurses to drop into schools UK wide come January?

No NHS staff to open up the nightingale hospitals either, which were built for the exact situation we find ourselves in now.

You would of though someone in a position of responsibility would of thought about who exactly were going to staff these hospitals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Can't the BBC lead off with the 58% accuracy figure for the lateral flow test from the BMJ as it's main headline instead?  No, because it's against the narrative.

Dreadful isn't it. Whatever happened to quality journalism, such as Talk Radio's recent interview with "an expert in trails" that "does lab work and the like" in whose opinion London was approaching or had reached herd immunity? lollollol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This is a leader of a council. Time to stick Watford vs. Brentford on, enough of this for one day:facepalm:

Wow.

Love this girl going out for a sesh then nipping in to Nan's to kill her after lollol 

Edited by filbertway
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Just had my test result through.  Positive!

I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting that. I've been poorly for a few days but not with the classic symptoms

Well, that's one way of ensuring you definitely don't have to see your in-laws this Christmas.

That's always assuming it's not a false positive. Could just be e-coli from eating your mother-in-law's shit roast? :whistle:

To briefly be serious: Get well soon!

• Thanks 1

I find it quite laughable that this christmas thing only seems to be a big deal now. Even the biggest simpleton knows that it's still dangerous to meet up with vulnerable family members. They knew it then and they know it now. If you meet up with an elderly/vulnerable family member and they fall ill, it's on you, nobody else.

Nothing has really changed in that regard, so I'm not sure why it's now become newsworthy. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I find it quite laughable that this christmas thing only seems to be a big deal now. Even the biggest simpleton knows that it's still dangerous to meet up with vulnerable family members. They knew it then and they know it now. If you meet up with an elderly/vulnerable family member and they fall ill, it's on you, nobody else.

Nothing has really changed in that regard, so I'm not sure why it's now become newsworthy. 

But how dangerous is it?  After all, the biggest simpleton knows that it has always been safer to stay at home than to drive about the country - but people still do it because the risk is low.  There is no doubt at all that if an old person sees their family at Christmas, they have a chance of dying.  But the unspoken alternative seems to be to imply that if they don;t see family members, they won't die - which of course is nonsense.  For about half a million grandparents, this Christmas is their last whatever they do.

• Like 1

Just now, dsr-burnley said:

But how dangerous is it?  After all, the biggest simpleton knows that it has always been safer to stay at home than to drive about the country - but people still do it because the risk is low.  There is no doubt at all that if an old person sees their family at Christmas, they have a chance of dying.  But the unspoken alternative seems to be to imply that if they don;t see family members, they won't die - which of course is nonsense.  For about half a million grandparents, this Christmas is their last whatever they do.

It's all about looking at your risks and individual exposure. The Government is actually giving people another shot at being sensible and using their heads for a few days.

If you work in an office, commute via public transport, have school age kids; chances are meeting up at Christmas with elderly relatives could be an awful decision. If you've worked from home, only really leaving to shop, chances are your risk will be lower. 

Regarding your last line, it could be many grandparents last Christmas. But imagine how awful you'd feel if what killed them off was corona caught from christmas dinner? 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh dear, hope you are ok. What are your symptoms?

I'm not too bad at all, ta, and thankful that there have been few opportunities for me to pass it on to anybody else.

To be honest, it's been mainly fatigue and muscle/joint aches. I've had a bit of a cough, and my temperature was slightly up at one point, but not enough so you'd say I had a high one.

Only took a test because there was a confirmed case at my workplace

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

many of the people who have been self-righteously tutt-tutting at every single breach of restrictions these last few months will act irresponsibly this Christmas themselves, packing out the house with three households (and probably three different households over xmas day and boxing day)....but that's ok cos the government has said so. Brainless stuff.

I have more respect for the serial breachers who haven't given a fack all the way through. 

I saw someone yesterday on here hoping they'll  be 'alllowed'to see their brother over xmas. FFS. No offence meant to the individual  poster but for crying out loud, who gives a fack if you are 'allowed' or not? Work it out. Are you at risk? Are they at risk? How many other people have either of you seen to perhaps infect you this last week or two.... or likely to see afterwards who you'll infect? ......why the fack do you need Matt Hancock to work out those factors for you? 

13 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

many of the people who have been self-righteously tutt-tutting at every single breach of restrictions these last few months will act irresponsibly this Christmas themselves, packing out the house with three households (and probably three different households over xmas day and boxing day)....but that's ok cos the government has said so. Brainless stuff.

I have more respect for the serial breachers who haven't given a fack all the way through. 

I saw someone yesterday on here hoping they'll  be 'alllowed'to see their brother over xmas. FFS. No offence meant to the individual  poster but for crying out loud, who gives a fack if you are 'allowed' or not? Work it out. Are you at risk? Are they at risk? How many other people have either of you seen to perhaps infect you this last week or two.... or likely to see afterwards who you'll infect? ......why the fack do you need Matt Hancock to work out those factors for you? 

Aye the risk might be low - doesn't stop the chance of a fine

As many have said, its a common sense approach and always has been.

The missus and I are going up north to see her folks but we will have been self isolating before we go as we can work from home. The only time we'll be out is on the day of travel on trains and we will be wearing face masks, socially distancing from others and regularly using hand sanitiser anyway so the risk is very low because of all that. We arent seeing her gran. I know its relatively easy in our position but people just have to look at it from a risk perspective rather than thinking its a free for all.

• Like 2