Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

11 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Not too bad, ta. To be honest I wouldn't have suspected COVID as I just didn't have the symptoms.

First started feeling a bit off colour on Saturday night, gradually got worse on Sunday and only felt really grim on Monday.

I'm definitely feeling much better now, just a bit nervous about being one of the people where the symptoms don't present fully straightaway.

Also, it's a bit sobering to know I'm carrying germs that have killed hundreds of thousands of people globally

A walking,talking. Weapons of Mass destruction..!!

On a serious note, we've had a few confirmed cases at our place of work now.

Whilst there's been a few things we might regret with hindsight, on the whole we've been pretty careful with distancing, cleansing etc. Inevitably folk perhaps get a bit blasé when months pass without a case, but when the virus did get in, it spread really easily. 

I'm not trying to scare people, but given our experience, I think it's reasonable to ask folk to think twice about what they might be taking into homes over the festive period

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

18 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/chris-whitty-says-never-fully-19471011

He said: "Initially the vaccine will help to reduce the number of people who die from this disease, but we will need to keep the social distancing measures in place, because if we let go at that point there would be a huge surge and the people who are a bit below the highest risk groups would get infected in very large numbers, some would end up in hospital and some would die."

Social distancing is going nowhere, we'll still be doing it in 2022.

I really should have gone clubbing more often in the last few years.

5 minutes ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

why does everywhere in leicestershire stay in tier 3, except rutland ?

does a tory have a house there ?

I don't know the case numbers for Surrey but everywhere there but Jeremy Hunt's constituency goes in to tier 3...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

68% of the population will be living in Tier 3 once the new tiers come into place. 

Countless places have gone up into Tier 3, with many of them having lower numbers than areas which were placed into Tier 2 a few weeks ago. There’s no system, there’s no figure to aim for, purely because they’re making it up as they go along. 

They’ve sold the hospitality sector down the river, offering a grand to each pub as a bonus to help them out, nothing more than insulting. 

I for one will not be voting for these ***** again next GE, I’d rather curl out a turd on the ballot paper. 

Oh and an extra 11k positive tests have been found in Wales late last night, that ‘firebreak‘ did them the world of good! 

I find this baffling. A pandemic by its very nature is a dynamic, constantly evolving situation  :dunno:

Every government in a comparable country is making a dogs dinner of this, but there is no clear way to avoid it.

The government of course carry the can, but I am unsure what the expected outcome here is?

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I find this baffling. A pandemic by its very nature is a dynamic, constantly evolving situation  :dunno:

Every government in a comparable country is making a dogs dinner of this, but there is no clear way to avoid it.

The government of course carry the can, but I am unsure what the expected outcome here is?

I think relatively speaking you could still say we are one of the worst. Not saying I agree with the above points but the apologism for the government action here because other countries are doing similar (but still better imo) makes little sense - not saying that is you but it's an argument I have seen banded around. 

• Like 1