Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

But equally that would suggest, more people are getting symptoms. Have to work out the percentage of positive cases to see the difference. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Amazing that the headline is “new strain of Covid” yet further down the articles it says it wont impact the vaccine.

Sick to death of the fear mongering media.

They did the same when a new strain was found in Indonesia and the same when they found that the increase from Bolton originated from a Spanish holiday. Bullshit headline and then the detail in the story. 

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Also, Sky news are reporting that statistically younger kids are spreading the virus the most. Who would have thought it.

Cull em like the mink. 

43 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

If they would at least acknowledge that schools are a big part of the problem and just be honest about why they're keeping them open, I'd be a lot more willing to listen to them. 

By comparison, Sweden closed schools - which says a lot given their laissez-faire attitude to restrictions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Harrydc said:

What ever happened to the covid alert level system of 1-5? At least with that there was a normality to work towards. 

Just replaced with more bullshit. Boris said on the cover alert system that once the infection rate is below 1.0, a 'roadmap' of exiting restrictions would be introduced. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

But equally that would suggest, more people are getting symptoms. Have to work out the percentage of positive cases to see the difference. 

They did the same when a new strain was found in Indonesia and the same when they found that the increase from Bolton originated from a Spanish holiday. Bullshit headline and then the detail in the story. 

Cull em like the mink. 

By comparison, Sweden closed schools - which says a lot given their laissez-faire attitude to restrictions. 

Cull them like the mink 😂😂😂

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Schools close on Friday anyway don't they? Seems to be lot of conversation about shutting them but they'd probably have to give a few days notice. 

I think this is the thing though, the decision making is moving at a snails pace until it gets to the point there is no time to actually implement the (sensible) ideas that people have.

28 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Aren't there like 100 different strains of Coronavirus? Has this been mentioned purely with the intention to scare people into complying with the regulations over Christmas?

Hancock is going to be the new Thatcher, hated by the masses.

I'm a life long Tory voter but I think Hancock is a total arse wipe. 

Edit. Dahnsouff is right, this should be on the Politics thread. 

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Surely fear and panic could actually cause people to die or cause them to end up having an aniexty attack... I dunno I'm not a doctor

News for a long period of time has been 90% doom and gloom and about 10% good news/success stories.

It's just natural and normal to be negative in the news these days, to scaremonger.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

News for a long period of time has been 90% doom and gloom and about 10% good news/success stories.

It's just natural and normal to be negative in the news these days, to scaremonger.

Oh I know that but when it's something this serious and your throwing out all these death stats and scare mongering some people may take a turn for the worst I'm probably wrong but it does make you wonder. .  Also the stats about people dying with and people dying because of covid are pretty sketchy

The in-laws have changed their mind about having us over at Christmas.

Sort of relieved, as I was far from convinced it was a good idea, but I'm sad that I'm going to have to do a Christmas food shop and cook dinner now. I'd eat one of my mother-in -law's shit roasts to get out of that

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The in-laws have changed their mind about having us over at Christmas.

Sort of relieved, as I was far from convinced it was a good idea, but I'm sad that I'm going to have to do a Christmas food shop and cook dinner now. I'd eat one of my mother-in -law's shit roasts to get out of that

I’ve heard of nut roasts but...

• Haha 1