Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

10 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

"Searching for faults?" Didn't have to look too hard, did he? lol

If Hancock (or any politician of any colour for that matter) is going to go and puff himself up on national TV like he's done these kids a favour then the least he can do is explain why he didn't bother to do so in the first place.

He didn't even 'not bother' though; he actively voted against it! What a plum.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Huh? 

Can they not be brought to question on their job then? I've not once denied they're in a tough job but it was a simple question to answer and he dodged it like the smarmy person he is. 

If you want to defend them on the basis 'it's a tough job, leave them alone, don't hurt their feelings' then so be it. But don't try and stop me or anyone else bringing stuff like this up just because you don't like seeing it. 

I’m no fan of Hancock whatsoever. 
But I’m making the point that his job this year must be ridiculously tough and that you can always find faults if you look. In this case it’s obvious. I don’t agree for instance that the Minister for Health has never worked in Health (that I know of)

Again, if you feel so strongly about what is being done and said then why don’t you do something about it and get yersen into politics? Channel your frustration into something that could actually make a difference. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What? That you can't criticise the government unless you are a politician yourself?

No, I think that's the opposite of democracy tbh.

You can criticise of course, there was never in question. If you want to drive change you certainly do not achieve that by gobbing off on a forum (Albeit the MIGHTY FOXESTALK)

You get yourself involved in the political process

Do people seriously think that social media is some sort of political gateway??  :blink:

Edited by Dahnsouff

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

No and I don't think anyone is saying that? 

Are you seriously suggesting that I have the wrong end of the stick?  How rude lol

But seriously, although it was not my place to respond to @ealingfox on his reply to @Col city fan, but I read it as a refusal to recognise that getting involved more actively in politics was not a valid approach (As per this quote)

Again, if you feel so strongly about what is being done and said then why don’t you do something about it and get yersen into politics? Channel your frustration into something that could actually make a difference. 

To which Ealing replied

This is just a completely stupid non-argument Col.

Edited by Dahnsouff

35 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’m no fan of Hancock whatsoever. 
But I’m making the point that his job this year must be ridiculously tough and that you can always find faults if you look. In this case it’s obvious. I don’t agree for instance that the Minister for Health has never worked in Health (that I know of)

When you - or anyone else - has a little moan about LCFC (justified or otherwise), is the de facto response to encourage them to get their FA badges so they can 'make a difference'? 

2 minutes ago, egg_fried_rice said:

When you - or anyone else - has a little moan about LCFC (justified or otherwise), is the de facto response to encourage them to get their FA badges so they can 'make a difference'? 

Depends, Are you moaning or expecting change?

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

On the FT forum?  We're moaning which is one of life's great joys.

Sure, but if you all you* do is moan, then maybe its time to get involved?

* this is a general you, not you specifically

30 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

What? That you can't criticise the government unless you are a politician yourself?

No, I think that's the opposite of democracy tbh.

We are talking about a health secretary that no constituent voted to put in that position serving in a cabinet for a prime minister that no constituent voted to put into power at the head of a party that the vast majority of people in my country voted against....

What relevance does democracy play in any of this?!

• Like 1

Just now, egg_fried_rice said:

I'd argue that it doesn't matter in relation to the point I was making.

One can desire change, rather than expect it, and voice their concerns and wishes accordingly. 

Of course, each to their own. Seems sort of pointless though  lol

1 minute ago, egg_fried_rice said:

I'd argue that it doesn't matter in relation to the point I was making.

One can desire change, rather than expect it, and voice their concerns and wishes accordingly. 

Absolutely. Everyone is free is moan about whatever they want. 

And others are free to moan that the constant moaners are boring and dull. Like a twitter bot. Like old toddy with the guardian links or matt and his Jeremy Jews. 

Boring shite. :yawn:

Just now, Line-X said:

Unfortunately, it was very much the 'gateway' to the election of Donald Trump. 

I was certainly not referring to the politics of madness we see in the US currently

2 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

We are talking about a health secretary that no constituent voted to put in that position serving in a cabinet for a prime minister that no constituent voted to put into power at the head of a party that the vast majority of people in my country voted against....

What relevance does democracy play in any of this?!

So....we should automatically call a GE when the current PM dies/faces a vote of no confidence/kidnapped by aliens/etc?

Or run a national poll to pick ministers?

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Absolutely. Everyone is free is moan about whatever they want. 

And others are free to moan that the constant moaners are boring and dull. Like a twitter bot. Like old toddy with the guardian links or matt and his Jeremy Jews. 

Boring shite. :yawn:

I'd say highlighting the incompetency of government should never be a boring thing to discuss, and that goes for whoever is in power.

Maybe (any) government should be less incompetent, be a bit more sympathetic, show a little honesty and respect for the people they are leading, show some leadership, some authority, some humanity and then this area of the forum might be a little less busy :D:shutup: