Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't know why the Government doesn't send out some form of lanyard or something to all those who are genuinely medically exempt from wearing a mask, rather than making it optional.

If government lived in the 21st century people would be able to download or print off a QR code than can be scanned and would show the person's passport photograph. It seems to mainly be people young enough to be tech savvy enough to use an app rather then old people that struggle with wearing a mask

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don't know why the Government doesn't send out some form of lanyard or something to all those who are genuinely medically exempt from wearing a mask, rather than making it optional.

If you ever visit Mablethorpe you'd realise why that wouldn't work.

7 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Just don’t question It for the moment. Give it a chance and see. ‘Legally’ there might be implications. Who knows? I don’t, do you?

Lets see what happens with masks and Morrison’s. At least they’ve started the ball rolling 

Me me me pick me please for jebus's sake. 

The disability discrimination people seem to be using to defend shops doing nothing is irrelevant in the case of denying access to the site for not wearing a mask.

It's indirect discrimination, meaning it's a policy that applies to everyone but indirectly effects a certain type of people, in this instance, people with disabilities. However, this is allowed in situations where companies have a genuine case of implementing it, like not wanting to spread this deadly virus around, so it falls under health and safety. They can also argue that whilst they may decline access to the store, they can offer to do someone's shopping for them, or do it online and have it delivered, or ridiculously the person unable to wear a mask could just.... Wear a visor. 

Is it ideal? Nah. But as has been pointed out by a few before, if you're ill enough to not be able to wear a mask chances are you shouldn't be anywhere outside your home anyways. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Guy in front of me going into the Asda today was asked very politely by a member of staff if he would like a face covering (he wasn’t wearing one). He launched into a foul mouthed tirade. A few of us had to tell him where to go and were told to **** off. 

We are told to wear masks and some may choose not to for whatever reason. Some have genuine reasons. However, can we add to the regs that ***** shouldn’t be tolerated in any circumstances. 

Can just imagine that fool walking off thinking “he told” the young part time worker where to go and being proud of it. Great life achievement.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

37901934-9137553-image-m-27_161044410307

That's the letter the CEO from Sainsburys sent out. So people will probably just say they're medically exempt and they'll be let in:dunno:

Imagine all the kids being binned outside the front of supermarkets, it'll be like the bookies in the 80's again. In fact why not get some teachers down there to do some outdoor classes. Give them a taser to ward off any perverts and this ticks a lot of boxes.

• Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

They are private property and have the right to deny ANYONE entry. Don't get where this myth they don't have the right comes from:huh:

The equality act. Can't refuse entry on the basis of a disability, at least not without the potential for being sued and fined. 

10 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Guy in front of me going into the Asda today was asked very politely by a member of staff if he would like a face covering (he wasn’t wearing one). He launched into a foul mouthed tirade. A few of us had to tell him where to go and were told to **** off. 

We are told to wear masks and some may choose not to for whatever reason. Some have genuine reasons. However, can we add to the regs that ***** shouldn’t be tolerated in any circumstances. 

Can just imagine that fool walking off thinking “he told” the young part time worker where to go and being proud of it. Great life achievement.

Where was this?

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I think talks of further restrictions are premature given that it’s the next week that infection rate should slower - two into theee weeks after the restrictions. There were parts of the country (including boroughs of Leicestershire) which were down in their rolling 7 day rate yesterday compared to last week - these may have be dictated by the smaller than normal tests reported yesterday. Fingers crossed it’s not the case. 

Obviously this still means it’s critical situation in the hospitals. 

Positive tests down again compared to last week - fingers crossed it’s the start of a pattern 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fktf said:

The equality act. Can't refuse entry on the basis of a disability, at least not without the potential for being sued and fined. 

They wouldn't be refusing entry on the basis of a disability. They would be refusing entry on the basis that the person isn't wearing a mask/visor. Defensible against the equality act under health and safety, as long as provisions are made that said person can get access to the shopping they require.

45 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/news/2020/dec/majority-feel-they-comply-covid-19-rules-better-others

'More than nine in ten (92%) people grade their own compliance with Covid-19 lockdown restrictions as better than what they think the population average is, find UCL researchers as part of the Covid-19 Social Study. '

That's the English for you, in a nutshell. Nudge, wink, tut tut, look at them. Throw the book at 'em.

Except for 'visiting me mam', babysitting  sister's kids, popping  round my best mate's, just gonna nip in here for 5. Won't hurt. I've  got anxiety, so it's ok

Not that I'm having a pop at the above (I happily admit to making my own rules up and ignoring the shifting sands of govt) ....I object to the general public's laughable double standards

Edit to add i use 'English' deliberately..generalisation i know, but I've always felt the jocks, taffs and irish have a much stronger sense of community than english do. 

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 2

Went for my first vaccine today as I work as a social worker in adults social services.   I received an email yesterday and organised an appointment for today which were really efficient.    However I was then informed that my vaccination (Pfizer)  would be eleven weeks apart- my second dosage would be end of March.

It felt like a kick in teeth to be honest,  through this pandemic I have been in contact with service users and have went in their homes placing a risk on my own health.   Last few weeks have been quite bit tough as my wife is now pregnant which along with the new variant has added to the anxiety.    Now, I cannot even have the vaccination and to be protected by the government properly in the return-   I was even handed a empty vaccination card with none of details-  name of the vaccine and batch numbers written down and was advised that they have stopped handing out completed vaccination cards as there were not enough time to do so.   I have just hope that my consent form would be filed properly with the vaccination information.

I am thoroughly disillusioned with the government at the moment.    I have heard other vaccination centres are more organised and other keyworkers are getting their second vaccination more quickly so fingers crossed that my/organisation’s case is an isolated example.   People manning the vaccination centre were great and helpful for us all although-  cannot fault their attitude.  

Edited by The Blur

18 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Went for my first vaccine today as I work as a social worker in adults social services.   I received an email yesterday and organised an appointment for today which were really efficient.    However I was then informed that my vaccination (Pfizer)  would be eleven weeks apart- my second dosage would be end of March.

It felt like a kick in teeth to be honest,  through this pandemic I have been in contact with service users and have went in their homes placing a risk on my own health.   Last few weeks have been quite bit tough as my wife is now pregnant which along with the new variant has added to the anxiety.    Now, I cannot even have the vaccination and to be protected by the government properly in the return-   I was even handed a empty vaccination card with none of details-  name of the vaccine and batch numbers written down and was advised that they have stopped handing out completed vaccination cards as there were not enough time to do so.   I have just hope that my consent form would be filed properly with the vaccination information.

I am thoroughly disillusioned with the government at the moment.    I have heard other vaccination centres are more organised and other keyworkers are getting their second vaccination more quickly so fingers crossed that my/organisation’s case is an isolated example.   People manning the vaccination centre were great and helpful for us all although-  cannot fault their attitude.  

On the brighter side you'll soon be ike 60% or so (once the first dosage kicks in) more immune from COVID than you were a yesterday.

Always thinking positive:sweating:

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 3