Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

Joggers and anyone else walking down the street will both exhale the same amount of air. 

You can see what a jogger exhale because of temperature difference what comes from their mouth and nose compared to someone walking at their normal speed. 

Alongside this is about the length of exposure - a jogger is more likely to be a short period. It’s the reasoning a lot of team sports were permitted at grassroots level because the actual time you were in a two metre radius was shorter than the ‘15 minutes’ 

Come on let’s not be daft here. Fcuking hell. Outdoor transmission is rare with good space between people 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Guvnor said:

lol

In all seriousness though communicate ffs.

I did have a mature jogger shout well in advance jogger behind you passing on your left, gave me time for me and my dog to move out the way.

Now that wasn't fcuking difficult was it.

I agree that alot of joggers could be a little more courteous, my point is it works both ways. I'll often run on the road to avoid oncoming walkers if safe to do so, but I've lost count of how many said walkers won't make the slightest effort to shift onto the pavement slightly further to maintain as much distance as possible.

Its also worth remembering many people are running to help with their mental well-being. Also I try and hold my breath when I'm passing people which leaves me gasping for air by the time I'm clear of them lol

• Like 4

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9140263/New-curbs-days-away-insiders-say.html

'New curbs may be DAYS away: Estate agents could be closed, markets shut and meeting for exercise banned to stop surge in Covid-19 cases unless people start obeying the guidelines, Britons are warned'

Yep, the blame is now being shifted onto the public, shocking. Leicester City itself has been in lockdown for almost 10 months and it's still not stopped cases.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9140263/New-curbs-days-away-insiders-say.html

'New curbs may be DAYS away: Estate agents could be closed, markets shut and meeting for exercise banned to stop surge in Covid-19 cases unless people start obeying the guidelines, Britons are warned'

Yep, the blame is now being shifted onto the public, shocking. Leicester City itself has been in lockdown for almost 10 months and it's still not stopped cases.

Really scratching my head here. What is informing the decision to increase restrictions? It’s morbid and horrid to say but the damage is done on deaths and hospitalisations as they are the result of decisions made in mid December.

Whilst the cases aren’t the most affecting statistic in their impact directly to infrastructure, we have had the second day of downward trend in comparison to a week ago which suggests things are beginning to take affect. Particularly in London and Kent where the restrictions have had the longest to take affect

Unsurprisingly the areas where the government kept them at Tier 2 such as Liverpool aren’t showing this pattern but the damage is unfortunately done there. It’s the fall out of allowing indoor environments to be open until Boxing Day 

There is this constant debate about the public’s compliance but at the moment we are beginning to see a tiny bit of hope when it comes to infection rates. 

Fingers crossed we have a third day of downward trend compared to the previous week - Wednesday is always a bit of a shocker when it comes to the stats because of the lag 

21 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Really scratching my head here. What is informing the decision to increase restrictions? It’s morbid and horrid to say but the damage is done on deaths and hospitalisations as they are the result of decisions made in mid December.

Whilst the cases aren’t the most affecting statistic in their impact directly to infrastructure, we have had the second day of downward trend in comparison to a week ago which suggests things are beginning to take affect. Particularly in London and Kent where the restrictions have had the longest to take affect

Unsurprisingly the areas where the government kept them at Tier 2 such as Liverpool aren’t showing this pattern but the damage is unfortunately done there. It’s the fall out of allowing indoor environments to be open until Boxing Day 

There is this constant debate about the public’s compliance but at the moment we are beginning to see a tiny bit of hope when it comes to infection rates. 

Fingers crossed we have a third day of downward trend compared to the previous week - Wednesday is always a bit of a shocker when it comes to the stats because of the lag 

Because the government messed up putting us into lockdown far too late and are now trying to control that it's the public's fault and as punishment there should be tighter restrictions, despite falling case numbers.

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

A jogger did exactly that to me today. Right in my face, as he ran towards me. Wearing all black so I couldn't even stand back and let him pass as the path narrowed because I didn't see him coming. I'm very relaxed about briefly passing people outside, but not if they are going breath heavily in my face.

It wouldn't be difficult for all joggers to wear a snood, as you're approaching anyone pull it up over your mouth and nose and when you have passed pull it back down.

That's what my son does when he's out running.

Simples.

29 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

It wouldn't be difficult for all joggers to wear a snood, as you're approaching anyone pull it up over your mouth and nose and when you have passed pull it back down.

That's what my son does when he's out running.

Simples.

Agreed. This is exactly what i do. In these times its just a common courtesy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Could we be headed into a golden age where being a massive c*** actually has consequences?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-55633245

An arrest does not appear on all criminal records checks, but it does on some. Imagine if you went for a job and you had to explain that

Hopefully so. God knows we need some law and order in this country 

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Joggers and anyone else walking down the street will both exhale the same amount of air. 

You can see what a jogger exhale because of temperature difference what comes from their mouth and nose compared to someone walking at their normal speed. 

Alongside this is about the length of exposure - a jogger is more likely to be a short period. It’s the reasoning a lot of team sports were permitted at grassroots level because the actual time you were in a two metre radius was shorter than the ‘15 minutes’ 

Come on let’s not be daft here. Fcuking hell. Outdoor transmission is rare with good space between people 

That is palpabably untrue.

Any increase in effort causes an increase in rate of respiration.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Actually, as the vaccine doesn't stop you getting the virus, or transmitting it, it just stops you getting ill from it, I think anyone who isn't in a vulnerable category should be bloody grateful to be bumped up the list. I appreciate the need for nurses etc to continue to work and not be ill with this even if its just a few days at home in bed, but there are people who's life this vaccine could genuinely save who are being bumped down the list for people who are very unlikely to get extremely ill or die from it. I apologise if you do have an underlying health condition, but if you don't, just be grateful you're quite high on the list rather than moan about the experience. They said last week they were extending the time between the 1st and second vaccine to enable them to get more first vaccinces in, and get more people with some initial protection. In other words, you probably wouldn't be having the first one yet had they not done that.

That is a fair point.   My main concern was that the government were rushing the vaccination through by their decision to increase the interval between two dosages and lack of documentation for the vaccination cards which made me wondered whether if there are any corner cutting in the whole process to meet their targets/promises as they have a track record of questionable decision making.  I just hope everyone do get adequate protection in the end and that the decisions were made for right reasons.  

However like you said and on the reflection afterwards,  I am still grateful nervetheless for my family and my health and also for service users that I work with health as well.   

Apologies if I came across as ungrateful and selfish.   Just needed to have a quick vent to clear my head and get on with my life.   Stay safe fellow.  

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buce said:

That is palpabably untrue.

Any increase in effort causes an increase in rate of respiration.

Clearly a jogger emits more air per second than a walker, but does he emit more air per yard?  They breathe faster but move faster as well, so the increased breath is partially - or wholly, even? offset by the reduced time they are passing.

4 minutes ago, The Blur said:

That is a fair point.   My main concern was that the government were rushing the vaccination through by their decision to increase the interval between two dosages and lack of documentation for the vaccination cards which made me wondered whether if there are any corner cutting in the whole process to meet their targets/promises as they have a track record of questionable decision making.  I just hope everyone do get adequate protection in the end and that the decisions were made for right reasons.  

However like you said and on the reflection afterwards,  I am still grateful nervetheless for my family and my health and also for service users that I work with health as well.   

Apologies if I came across as ungrateful and selfish.   Just needed to have a quick vent to clear my head and get on with my life.   Stay safe fellow.  

tbh they have rushed the vaccine through but and its a big but, its gone through all the correct processess to get the go ahead, and the increased interval between the 2 jabs is there as i think more people will be able to have it(given the 1 jab gives a decent % of protection against covid)so more ppl having protection is better all around

i doubt theyd ve cutting corners with this as its too important and there would be quite the uproar imo,

23 minutes ago, The Blur said:

Good post mate. As has been said, the extension of the interval between the two doses will enable more people to at least have the first dose and thereby get some protection.

The interval for the Pffeizer is ten weeks between 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ugh you can feel the squirm. 

Proper slime ball is Hancock. Pretty sure he would garner more respect if he was just honest. The fact he dodges the question several times is pretty much telling anyway. 

You still searching for faults Stan?

I’d imagine Hancock’s bloody job this year is a completely unenviable task.

Maybe you should go into politics if you think you could do better?

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

You still searching for faults Stan?

I’d imagine Hancock’s bloody job this year is a completely unenviable task.

Maybe you should go into politics if you think you could do better?

Did you not watch the video? lol

I'm not sure what it has to do with coronavirus, probably belongs in the politics thread to be honest. That interview is ridiculous though! What it does show is his unbelievable arrogance and refusal to accept he's in the wrong. 

• Like 3

Just now, filbertway said:

Did you not watch the video? lol

I'm not sure what it has to do with coronavirus, probably belongs in the politics thread to be honest. That interview is ridiculous though! What it does show is his unbelievable arrogance and refusal to accept he's in the wrong. 

Could be in either thread to be honest. 

Can you stop searching for faults though :ph34r: