Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My findings in Asda last night were:

1) everyone had a mask on, even a guide dog or it might have been a body warmer/gilet

2) they have decided to close all checkouts after 8pm so everything is self service and chaos for full trolley shops or people with crying babies/desperate for a pony

3) Chicago Town have released a limited edition cheeseburger pizza and its x 2 for 97p which is the real story here. I challenge anyone to find a happier ending in the whole of 2021.

Just to add to this. I had a Ristorante frozen pizza for the first time last night and it was delicious. Always thought they looked at bit poverty but how wrong I was. 2021 eh..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

3) Chicago Town have released a limited edition cheeseburger pizza and its x 2 for 97p which is the real story here. I challenge anyone to find a happier ending in the whole of 2021.

If that's those little ones, what you could do is cook both, invert them (so the toppings face inwards) and use them to sandwich an actual burger, so it replaces the bun

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

If that's those little ones, what you could do is cook both, invert them (so the toppings face inwards) and use them to sandwich an actual burger, so it replaces the bun

And this is why you are pound for pound one of the most influential posters on here Julian. I'm picturing x 8 rustlers burgers smashed together and then shaped in to the necessary monster patty to go in between the pizza cobs.

I'll be sure to post the results if I survive it.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Just to add to this. I had a Ristorante frozen pizza for the first time last night and it was delicious. Always thought they looked at bit poverty but how wrong I was. 2021 eh..

Ay! They are decent aren't they? Which one did you have? I find the trick is to find that delicate balance between it not quite being cooked enough and cooked, there's a gap of about 30 seconds and you can't be pottering about getting the condiments out whilst you wait.

Just catching up on on @Col city fan v @StanSP, makes a change for me not be in a argument.

Gotta ask Col, you seem to criticise some of the Leicester players, why don't you train up and convince Rodgers to sign you, and do it yourself, its easy to pick fault all the time, but why don't you put yourself in the position to make a difference? They all do a difficult job. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just catching up on on @Col city fan v @StanSP, makes a change for me not be in a argument.

Gotta ask Col, you seem to criticise some of the Leicester players, why don't you train up and convince Rodgers to sign you, and do it yourself, its easy to pick fault all the time, but why don't you put yourself in the position to make a difference? They all do a difficult job. :ph34r:

The answer to that one is simple

Firstly there are players I’m hugely complimentary about and positive. Some I’m not, and negative

:dunno:

Secondly, though I tried my best as a footballer to become pro (😆) it was clear I never had it... I had ‘deceptive pace’.. I was actually slower than I looked

But politics... anyone can get into local politics can’t they? I’m not arguing with @StanSP

I’ve agreed with him on this thread.

But rather than giving the government a volley, during the most testing time I’d imagine ANY govt have had in living memory, why not focus more on the good (Eg lots of vaccines being given, shops now insisting on masks) and/or join your local political group? Vent frustration in a meaningful way rather than coming on here and picking fault with Hancock et al

👍

This thread is incredibly negative and, in my mind, some of the comments literally despicable when many people now are trying to turn this mess around

eg people can volunteer to give vaccines. Many are volunteering 

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Firstly there are players I’m hugely complimentary about and positive. Some I’m not, and negative

Secondly, though I tried my best as a footballer to become pro (😆) it was clear I never had it... I had ‘deceptive pace’.. I was actually slower than I looked

But politics... anyone can get into local politics can’t they? I’m not arguing with @StanSP

But rather than giving the government a volley, during the most testing time I’d imagine ANY govt have had in living memory, why not focus more on the good (Eg lots of vaccines being given, shops now insisting on masks) and/or join your local political group? Vent frustration in a meaningful way rather than coming on here and picking fault with Hancock et al

👍

This thread is incredibly negative and, in my mind, some of the comments literally despicable when many people now are trying to turn this mess around

So from now on we can't pick on any politicians in their response to managing COVID because you don't like it? 

I think it's great vaccines are on the up. I hope it continues and I hope the government can meet their targets. I don't recall saying otherwise. (do you have selective reading?) I shouldn't need to join a political group to justify how I feel. I'm perfectly happy discussing it on here with everyone who wants to read/post, even if there are disagreements. The beauty of a forum as good as this :thumbup:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

👍

My post was in jest of course :D We all know you'd never get picked over Big Dan.

But when people say you shouldn't be negative about the government, or score political points or whatever, you can only do it if they give you a reason to do so. I think @StanSP has acknowledge on numerous occasions that this isn't an easy challenge, and it a hard job, but also on occasions pointed out where they have got things monumentally wrong. Here's is a primes example of an mp talking about how delighted he is to be providing food for poor children, when he voted against it. We had mps last week talking about how great it is to remove vat from sanitary products, yet when they voted on it a couple of years back they voted against it. Its quite right to criticise in these situations, I think they forget at times most of what they say is on record.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

With the 24/7 vaccination centres , sounds good but how many people will they actually inject between say, 11pm and 6am?

Anyone that's given a overnight slot would make the effort to be there imo. Even if it means taking a day off work or whatever to do it. I'd be there in a shot (pun intended). 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

With the 24/7 vaccination centres , sounds good but how many people will they actually inject between say, 11pm and 6am?

I'd be delighted to go during these hours and I dare say many people where convenient would.

10 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Let's hope they actually open. Too many false dawns through this whole thing, like PPE orders, track and trace, predictions of being out of it bemy certain dates, Christmas being relatively normal etc 

Guest Harrydc
2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I genuinely don't get you mate. You've been complaining about the situation and how you can't do X, Y and Z all year.

Yet you then complain about following any guidelines set to get back to any normality. Some of the stuff you pick to bitch about is laughable.

Moving a few metres away in the street to try to protect you and your family isn't exactly arduous.

My main point of the post was how I seen cyclists who were wearing no protective equipment in the dark other than a face mask. It was supposed to be comical that they don't take basic road safety precautions, yet wear a face mask to stay safe.

The walking into a road part is a different subject which I think is silly as well. 

15 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I think it might be quite suprising the amount. It is quite life or death for some people that require the vaccine, i think it doesnt matter of the timing people will go for it. The ones that are really concerned about being outside and or around people might even prefer to go in the middle of the night when there is likely to be far less people around in general.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, whitlock said:

I think it might be quite suprising the amount. It is quite life or death for some people that require the vaccine, i think it doesnt matter of the timing people will go for it. The ones that are really concerned about being outside and or around people might even prefer to go in the middle of the night when there is likely to be far less people around in general.

Yeah I guess you and the others are right

56 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And this is why you are pound for pound one of the most influential posters on here Julian. I'm picturing x 8 rustlers burgers smashed together and then shaped in to the necessary monster patty to go in between the pizza cobs.

I'll be sure to post the results if I survive it.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

It's one thing saying you would go, another thing waking up at 4am or leaving the house at 1:30am and actually going through with it. In all honesty I am sceptical that there wouldn't be too many DNAs for it to be worthwhile. I would suggest extending opening hours to 7am-11pm or something like that.

• Like 1